Test Rugby Wallabies 2021 Test Series vs France

IMG_2235.GIF

Apr 28, 2021
Paddy's Pub
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
All Blacks
Good on Wallabies for taking the series win with 1 man down, rubbish call by the kiwi ref.

Anyone else noticed how the crowd last night was booing the French captain? Stay classy Queensland...

Next match is against the AB's and judging by their performance against Fiji it should be an interesting Bledisloe series.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Fantastic win by the Wallabies, the red card seemed to sharpen their resolve and focus and it was a delight to see them gut out a great win. The French side was without a bunch of their best players which should be remembered, but you can only beat what's in front of you and they did well to clinch the series.

A few players really improved their reputations this series. Darcy Swain and Tate McDermott have surely clinched starting spots and could hold them for many years to come. Swain is still a touch skinny as a test lock but he's test quality without doubt, love him. And McDermott needs to work on his kicking game but his spark with the ball and leading the side around is absolutely good enough. Swinton if he can control his aggression is test quality as well as blindside. You need a real level of physicality to play that position and he has it. Harry Wilson was rested last night but he continues to show he's a future world quality number 8. Then Lolesio represents at last a world quality kicker in the Wallabies. We haven't had one in a very long time. I think he has a bit of work to do to make sure he takes the ball at 10 moving forward rather than staying on his heels but still, some beautiful touches throughout the game last night. Tupou is an amazing talent and I think his best spot is off the bench. If we didn't have a test quality tighthead to start the game, I'd start Tupou but Alaalatoa is test quality and absolutely good enough to let Tupou come off the bench to be his dynamic self. Keep it that way imo.

Another step up to play NZ next. I doubt we will beat them at any stage this series, but I think we can definitely be competitive which is what I'm hoping for and expecting.

I'd go with the following 23 for the next test against NZ.

1. Slipper
2. BPA
3. Alaalatoa
4. Swain
5. Salakaia-Loto
6. Swinton
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. Lolesio
11. Koroibete
12. Toomua