Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Props: Alexander, Ma'afu, Slipper, Cowan
Hookers: Moore, Polota-Nau
Locks: Horwill, Sharpe, Simmons (McCalman can back up here)
Backrowers: Pocock, Samo, Higginbotham, Hodgson, McCalman, Dennis
Halfbacks: Genia, Phipps
Fly-Halves: Barnes, Lucas
Centres: Horne, Tapuai, Fainga'a
Wings/Fullbacks: Turner, Ioane, O'Connor, Ashley-Cooper

I like Dennis and Tapuai being included. Big fans of both of them. Cowan back in disappoints me. Would much prefer Dan Palmer personally. Hodgson in over Beau Robinson is s**t too.

I hope they try O'Connor at 12, preferably with Horne at 13 as I could see that being our long term centre pairing. Happy with Tapuai being picked as well though...we really need depth in that 12 position.

I'll be at Millenium Stadium for the Welsh game so hopefully it's a good one. Haven't got the best tickets but it's supposed to be one of these stadiums where every seat is pretty good.

Lucky bugger. Saw the '09 Wallabies vs Wales Test at Millenium when we torched them and at least for the first 15 mins when the game was close it was incredible under the roof. Atmosphere that is matched only by an AFL GF that I've been present for (even a full ANZ Stadium doesn't compare for me).

I'd be picking the following for the Wales Test:

15. Ashley-Cooper
14. Ioane
13. Horne
12. O'Connor
11. Turner
10. Barnes
9. Genia
8. Samo (I don't rate Samo that highly at all really but just his safe hands at the back of the scrum gets him the nod over McCalman for me, tempted to put Dennis straight in to be honest, big fan of his)
7. Pocock
6. Higginbotham
5. Horwill
4. Sharpe
3. Alexander
2. Moore
1. Slipper

16. Polota-Nau
17. Ma'afu
18. Simmons
19. Hodgson
20. Lucas (provides greater versatility than Phipps)
21. Tapuai
22. Fainga'a

Geez, lots of injuries. O'Connor is set for a midfield role. Barnes at 10 and O'Connor at 12 are good calls.

The Millenium Stadium is a great venue, Mint. You're never far from the action. Also, it's right in the city centre so handy for restaurants, pubs, etc.

I miss the days when the Challenge Cup Final was held there... :)

I'll be at Millenium Stadium for the Welsh game so hopefully it's a good one. Haven't got the best tickets but it's supposed to be one of these stadiums where every seat is pretty good.

good stuff, its an awesome venue and the pubs around the ground are fantastic. However post match stay in the stadium and go to the ground level bar on the 50m line for the traditional post match sing-a-long. Great times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back