Wallace - gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets be realistic.

Wallace probably wanted to stay in Mebourne as a first choice. If he was seriously interested in Adelaide he wouldn't have reached this decision so soon.

I think this says more about Wallaces preference than anything the Crows have done.

Originally posted by ****
Lets be realistic.

Wallace probably wanted to stay in Mebourne as a first choice. If he was seriously interested in Adelaide he wouldn't have reached this decision so soon.

I think this says more about Wallaces preference than anything the Crows have done.

Quality post.

Wallace: "Circumstances in Adelaide what with their interim coach - I've been through that situation before with Sydney."

Our process is strikingly similar to the Sydney one which saw him shafted.

Mmmm great!

Originally posted by macca23
That's the word according to KG and Cornesy - Wallace no longer a contender for Adelaide. :(

I agree macca23, but i feel that the decision was made quite some time ago.

Re posts before: Craig stitched up

Ditto. ****, you're right on. Wallace clearly didn't want to seriously pursue the Adelaide position and that's not the AFC's fault. Any professional with more than one job prospect doesn't take the first offer without pursuing the others, unless that is their preference.

If anyone is to "blame" here it is the Craig sycophants in the media who have created the impression that ... well, you know.

Yep, just heard that comment about Sydney and the interim coach. It appears that him being burnt in that situation last time has influenced his decision. It all makes sense now.

Lets be realistic.

I'm sorry **** I don't agree. If we offered the conditions and salary that Mr. Wallace wants he would jump at the chance to coach the Club.

Originally posted by rainmage
If we offered the conditions and salary that Mr. Wallace wants he would jump at the chance to coach the Club.

And what do you base that on?

There has never been any indication from Wallace that he had a preference for Adelaide.

Maybe we assume Adelaide is a better option than the other two teams because we love the Crows and we are biased.

It's a big assumption to think Wallace would prefer the Crows to a Melbourne club, especially given recent events.

Look, I am all for bagging the Crows board if it's warranted but there is nothing to base that suggestion of your on. You do not know how much money we offered Wallace (I doubt it had even been discussed at this stage) and bringing out claims like that based on a hunch are just ridiculous.

Email storm needed!

I;ve just fired off a short email to 5AA having a go at the Adelaide media for their uncritical attitude to Neil Craig and the way they ignore the merits of the other contenders.

I think everyone here should have a go - stay off the Adelaide Board, focus on the media (Rucci, McDermott, Rowe etc) and their role in creating the impression that Adelaide only wants Craig.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets be realistic.

Wallace always stated he was prepared to move to persue his career if the 'right' opportunity came up.

Originally posted by understudy

Wallace always stated he was prepared to move to persue his career if the 'right' opportunity came up.

I base it on his decision to rule Adelaide out so early in the process, way before the Crows have reached a decision. If he was seriously interested he would have kept the option open.

But I know you want to throw mud on the Crows admin in this whole process and I am not going to convince you that they are not at fault here.

I base it on his decision to rule Adelaide out so early in the process, way before the Crows have reached a decision. If he was seriously interested he would have kept the option open.

But I know you want to throw mud on the Crows admin in this whole process and I am not going to convince you that they are not at fault here.

Incorrect, just call it as I see it. Seems to me Wallace is the quality candidate and Trigg has not persued him as he should have.

Originally posted by beckybiglands
Arrowman, was your's the e-mail that said the only reason the media talk about Craig is because its the only one they can spell?
That was gold :p
Thanks Becky, yes that was me. Didn't get a bite from KG, but he hardly ever bites at emails, probably because (1) He doesn't understand that emails come from real people and (2) He doesn't get a chance to talk over the top of them, and mounting a coherent response to a written argument is not his strong point. :)

Ooohhh.. Triggy is on. Let's listen.

DT, I am sitting cross-legged on the floor catching the pearls as they fall. :)

One thing strikes me so far - Triggy has just quoted Wallace as having told AFC a range of different reasons why he favours staying in Melbourne - family etc, having two jobs on offer there etc. OK. Now, earlier on Wallace was quoted (in a sound bite) as having made the comment about the interim coach situation. There's a conflict there - but, Wallace's quote was a sound bite and possibly out of context. I'd like to hear more before I come to a conclusion.

There has never been any indication from Wallace that he had a preference for Adelaide.

apart from every public statement he made in the last 2 months, there has been nothing indicating interest in the AFC...

Originally posted by arrowman
DT, I am sitting cross-legged on the floor catching the pearls as they fall. :)

Trigg's responses to Cornesy's call about Brisbane and Carlton going out and getting the best man for the job was so weak!

You'll be able to open a jewellers soon ;)

Originally posted by Crow-mosone
apart from every public statement he made in the last 2 months, there has been nothing indicating interest in the AFC...

I said preference for Adelaide not interest in Adelaide

He showed equal interest in each of the three vacant jobs in his public statements. Just like a politician. Had you fooled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back