Injury Walsh placed on LTI list

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah, you would think that would be it for him, he already intimated on a return home, pity, we all had high hopes...I did anyway.

Damn it. Really wanted him to succeed and thought he looked ok & we had lots to work with based on his last few games. In a perfect world he'd stay on for one more year, manage to break into the team with some outstanding form and become a success story. Playing on for many years to come. However, in reality, it's more likely to go the way of a massive injury sends a shock through him and he realises he wants to get home and play some all ireland finals before his body is too badly beaten up from the rigours of high level elite sport.

Shame really, but no point having him clogging up the list if there's someone else ready & rearing to go who really wants a shot at playing AFL footy.

Good luck to him in his recovery and I hope he weighs up everything and makes the right choice for his future be it sticking to the hard yards in Australia (with the Swans) or going home to chase his boyhood dreams.

Gee you lot are negative. He'll comeback during the year and win the Coleman.

With an injury like his it is a wonder he can come back at all. Medical technology has come a long way. If he comes back this year I don't expect too much from him and his currency may have run out. Contract is up at the end of the year and I fully expect him to be de-listed. Sad but footy is a business and unfortunately we don't have the time to wait fir him to come good. We need to move on with the players we have and to bring at least one more tall defender on board.

Poor bugger. I feel for him. He's done everything he can to get his body right and was just starting to produce something good when he went down. Good luck to you Tommy. Persist in your dreams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back