• Rozee

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Smith

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Butters

Votes: 38 42.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt Rozee and Butter failed in the two most important games on the year for us. They will have to live with that. Luckily they are young. Hopefully it burns and overall makes them better players because of it.
It would help yhe mids if Port did not pick injured players in the final including a ruckman just out of hospital

You realise they are all playing for second right? :cool:
Sorry mate this is a thread for discussing 3 of the best young non-seagulls of the comp

Seagull GIF by CRDI. Ajuntament de Girona

Rozee back to back AA's and appointed club captain at 23 years old. Butters just got voted the best player in the league by the coaches and was appointed vice captain of the club at 23,also AA last year and AA squad in 2020. Both players are lethal with their disposal.

Walsh reminds me of Kane Kornes as a player. Incredible tank and will to win, but not so damaging with his disposals.

As it currently sits Rozee/Butters > Walsh > Smith. A few years ago Walsh was the clear leader but this has obviously changed, and only the most one eyed supporter would disagree.

Rozee back to back AA's and appointed club captain at 23 years old. Butters just got voted the best player in the league by the coaches and was appointed vice captain of the club at 23,also AA last year and AA squad in 2020. Both players are lethal with their disposal.

Walsh reminds me of Kane Kornes as a player. Incredible tank and will to win, but not so damaging with his disposals.

As it currently sits Rozee/Butters > Walsh > Smith. A few years ago Walsh was the clear leader but this has obviously changed, and only the most one eyed supporter would disagree.
I wouldn't trade Rozee or Butters for Walsh but to label him as a Kane Cornes type is insane. Dude is a jet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't trade Rozee or Butters for Walsh but to label him as a Kane Cornes type is insane. Dude is a jet.
I was referring to his ability to accumulate disposals at will, but not be as damaging with them. Not suggesting his ceiling is Kane Cornes, I think we all know it is higher.

Slightly off topic but Kane get's a bad wrap when he was a pretty handy player. 300 games, multiple AA's, 4 B&Fs, premiership player. Not many players have a better CV.

Last edited:
4 best and fairest in a time when his club was travelling very well too. I think Walsh could be better though he has top 5 player in the league potential, Kane never was top 15.

Walsh the youngest ever Gary Ayres Medalist and the first ever from a non Grand Finalist.

Not damaging 😂 if only he rolled over in big games like the Port boys. What a myth.
Relative to Butters and Rozee he isn't as damaging with his disposal. He had a terrific finals series no doubt.

Relative to Butters and Rozee he isn't as damaging with his disposal. He had a terrific finals series no doubt.
Walsh has had a full pre season so far as have the Port boys. Think this year will be a fairly good indicator of where they stand amongst one another.

Walsh coming off back surgery last year and having a couple of injuries mid season made it a bit hard to gauge his ceiling imo. 2021 and the 2023 finals series showed how damaging he can be at his best.

Walsh has had a full pre season so far as have the Port boys. Think this year will be a fairly good indicator of where they stand amongst one another.

Walsh coming off back surgery last year and having a couple of injuries mid season made it a bit hard to gauge his ceiling imo. 2021 and the 2023 finals series showed how damaging he can be at his best.
Agree with this

Rozee, Butters and Walsh will start to take control of the league. They are already top 10 mids and on their way to multiple All Australians. This year Rozee could get his 3rd at the age of 24.

Smith went backwards and had a terrible year last year. Now done an ACL. In 2022 he was awesome but he needs to regain that form. Looks a mile of these lads recently.

If i had to rank them, Rozee first as he kicks a lot of goals for a midfielder. 21 last year and the most from any midfielder. Next best Bont and Daicos at 19. He is well on his way to eclipsing that with 6 from 4 games already.

As seen on Friday night he can take the game away from you in a quarter. Has kicked 5 multiple times and his finishing ability i would argue is the best in the league.

First game back for Walsh today, hasn’t missed a beat

34 touches @ 74%
13 tackles
11 I50s
611 metres gained
8 clearances
9 score involvements

And did it all from only 76% TOG.

I think people have forgotten just how much of a superstar Sam is. We probably lose by 6 goals today without him. Just needs to manage those back issues. Robert Harvey a great comparison, hopefully he can have half the career he had.

Back