domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
Elliott is the Sam Reid of Collingwood-an infuriating, frustrating, teasing waste of space. What part of his bloody body will cave in next?
These injuries will destroy Buck's last chance. It is such an even season, constantly having several quality players missing is what will tip the scales in most games. When does this run of injuries to best players end?

Elliott is the Sam Reid of Collingwood-an infuriating, frustrating, teasing waste of space. What part of his bloody body will cave in next?
These injuries will destroy Buck's last chance. It is such an even season, constantly having several quality players missing is what will tip the scales in most games. When does this run of injuries to best players end?
I'd argue that he's the Ben Reid of Collingwood, but then again Ben Reid is probably the Ben Reid of Collingwood.

Linda_Lovelace

Cancelled
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
You really wonder what our board talks about.

This is an utter joke. Just sucks the life out of the club but hey we are helping the La Trobe Valley and homeless, so rejoice!!!

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is this ok to post??

Timmy from Thomastown you might like to apologise to someone.

Alistair 39 minutes ago

IS THIS THE CAUSE OF PIES' INJURY CURSE?

COLLINGWOOD star Steele Sidebottom says some teammates have raised concerns over the firmness of the Pies' training ground as the club searches for answers on its savage injury toll.

Coach Nathan Buckley was hopeful of welcoming back star forward Jamie Elliott this week when the Pies announced fresh hamstring injuries to Elliott and midfielder Taylor Adams.

Those blows come on top of earlier soft-tissue injuries to the likes of Daniel Wells, Jordan De Goey, Darcy Moore and Josh Smith.

Asked point blank if the Holden Centre - the Pies' own purpose-built facility - was too hard, Collingwood vice-captain Sidebottom said the issue had been raised.

"I actually had this discussion with Reidy (Ben Reid) today," Sidebottom told 3AW last night.

"For me, when I'm running on a footy field the surface is the last thing I worry about and it doesn't affect me.

"But there's definitely been talk from a few of our guys that it can get hard ... It mightn't be the best ground out there but for me personally it's fine. But I suppose it's just something we're going to have to deal with."

Sidebottom said he "wouldn't put the injury down to the ground" but acknowledged the latest setback to the recovered Elliott was a cruel blow.

"It's shattering for Billy," he said.

"He's put in a ton of work and probably works harder than anybody on his body ... to pull up sore from training is disappointing."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TTRRAAVVIISS

All Australian
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Guess we’ll see how long this post lasts

re: Elliot injury - he’s had hammie issues since before he joined Collingwood. Arguably has a genetic predisposition to them, and back issues. So that leaves the following questions:

1. If training loads are less for Elliot, will his body ever hold up to demands of AFL? (Maybe, Maybe not)

2. Did he have his training loads increased by 30% in 2013/14 like other players? If so, have his hammie and back issues become chronic because of these training methods? (Maybe, Maybe not)

3. Is it the hardness of the training ground? (Maybe, Maybe not)? If so, after 5 years of using it, why ain’t it been dug up and resurfaced?

4. Is he just unlucky (Maybe, Maybe Not).

Fear Elliott is Sean Rusling all over again.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
If the surface is too hard we could alwYs get Lee Freedman to say he’s going to have Makybe Diva run on the ground.
Then they’ll water it

:)

Is this ok to post??

Timmy from Thomastown you might like to apologise to someone.

Alistair 39 minutes ago

IS THIS THE CAUSE OF PIES' INJURY CURSE?

COLLINGWOOD star Steele Sidebottom says some teammates have raised concerns over the firmness of the Pies' training ground as the club searches for answers on its savage injury toll.

Coach Nathan Buckley was hopeful of welcoming back star forward Jamie Elliott this week when the Pies announced fresh hamstring injuries to Elliott and midfielder Taylor Adams.

Those blows come on top of earlier soft-tissue injuries to the likes of Daniel Wells, Jordan De Goey, Darcy Moore and Josh Smith.

Asked point blank if the Holden Centre - the Pies' own purpose-built facility - was too hard, Collingwood vice-captain Sidebottom said the issue had been raised.

"I actually had this discussion with Reidy (Ben Reid) today," Sidebottom told 3AW last night.

"For me, when I'm running on a footy field the surface is the last thing I worry about and it doesn't affect me.

"But there's definitely been talk from a few of our guys that it can get hard ... It mightn't be the best ground out there but for me personally it's fine. But I suppose it's just something we're going to have to deal with."

Sidebottom said he "wouldn't put the injury down to the ground" but acknowledged the latest setback to the recovered Elliott was a cruel blow.

"It's shattering for Billy," he said.

"He's put in a ton of work and probably works harder than anybody on his body ... to pull up sore from training is disappointing."

Old Spice mentioned the condition of the ground the other day as a possible cause of injury. I'd wondered about it, but couldn't recall ever hearing any complaints from any players. It's definitely worth thinking about if there's negative feedback from the playing group.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Old Spice mentioned the condition of the ground the other day as a possible cause of injury. I'd wondered about it, but couldn't recall ever hearing any complaints from any players. It's definitely worth thinking about if there's negative feedback from the playing group.

I posted last night that on SEN before the hammies were confirmed the Doc (with KB) said he had heard on the grapevine that our training ground was causing injuries due to its hardness.

Three hammies in 5 weeks (I am not even going to speculate on our geriatric D W) at training......I will try and post again either we are cursed or we have an issue that needs to be addressed ASAP.

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
We should look to train at Goschs Paddock until late May or early June when the ground inevitably softens up a bit.

.........or the MCG?

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m happy to sleep on the training ground tonight as a test of its hardness. I will need someone to donate a slab though.
I think it'd be a lot less effort to go and do a penetrometer test on our ground (say in 5 spots and take an average) and then do the same test at Goschs, Punt Road, etc.

Maybe then do the same at Etihad and the MCG.

I'm surprised a journalist isn't already doing that TBH.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back