Injury Walsh's Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it'd be a lot less effort to go and do a penetrometer test on our ground (say in 5 spots and take an average) and then do the same test at Goschs, Punt Road, etc.

Maybe then do the same at Etihad and the MCG.

I'm surprised a journalist isn't already doing that TBH.

I'm happy to head down now and do the Tony Greig key test..

I'm happy to head down now and do the Tony Greig key test..
I’ll assume you have a lot more ability and nouse than tony Grieg.
How he kept his gig year after year...?

Old Spice mentioned the condition of the ground the other day as a possible cause of injury. I'd wondered about it, but couldn't recall ever hearing any complaints from any players. It's definitely worth thinking about if there's negative feedback from the playing group.

I did mention that and have before in the past. I find it hard to believe that somehow each time we get a fitness and conditioning person that they happen to always be the worst and screw our list.

Worth looking into and ripping it up and starting again if it's found to be too hard. Penny wise and pound poor if done on the cheap.

I did mention that and have before in the past. I find it hard to believe that somehow each time we get a fitness and conditioning person that they happen to always be the worst and screw our list.

Worth looking into and ripping it up and starting again if it's found to be too hard. Penny wise and pound poor if done on the cheap.
I blame Pert.

You could be onto something. The Burnley Tunnel goes right under the oval. Although it is a wee bit further underground than the Etihad car park...

Being a little more serious, I think as supporters we tend to take far more notice our own players' injuries rather than other clubs. And given we have been at the Lexus/Westpac/Holden centre since the early 2000s, I think the surface hardness theory is most likely garbage.

Maybe by “volcanic activity” in the offseason Perty meant that our players were training on a ground composed of predominately volcanic rock?

I could understand the hardness of the surface being questioned as far as knee injuries go.
Not sure soft tissue injuries can be attributed to the hard surface though. The club does need to investigate the causes & if we can lower the risks without affecting fitness levels too much. Frustrating for players, coaches & spectators alike.

Being a little more serious, I think as supporters we tend to take far more notice our own players' injuries rather than other clubs. And given we have been at the Lexus/Westpac/Holden centre since the early 2000s, I think the surface hardness theory is most likely garbage.
We trained at Gosch's Paddock until 2013.

I know soccer followers who knew players that hated the ground when it was used mainly for that.

Don't know the specifics why? Too hard? Too low-lying and damp? Built over a burial ground?

Either way, our soft tissue injuries to legs has been well above average in my view. Certainly worth investigating given we're a profesh footy club!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know soccer followers who knew players that hated the ground when it was used mainly for that.

Don't know the specifics why? Too hard? Too low-lying and damp? Built over a burial ground?

Either way, our soft tissue injuries to legs has been well above average in my view. Certainly worth investigating given we're a profesh footy club!
Would like to see some data on our "well above average" soft tissue injuries. And that data would need to remove the likes of Wells and Elliot (and other similarly soft tissue injury prone types - although I do note Wells was very resilient until 2015) so we are looking at new injuries to different players, rather than recurrences... And I would also need to learn how to interpret medical data.

He has hasn't played top level footy in a very long time, is it really that surprising that he has hammy soreness?
I don't think its ideal but at least its not his ankle or back which would indicate far longer time on sidelines.
Hopefully he can get right by the Essendon game when we need him

Would like to see some data on our "well above average" soft tissue injuries. And that data would need to remove the likes of Wells and Elliot (and other similarly soft tissue injury prone types - although I do note Wells was very resilient until 2015) so we are looking at new injuries to different players, rather than recurrences... And I would also need to learn how to interpret medical data.
Sounds a bridge too far

You could be onto something. The Burnley Tunnel goes right under the oval. Although it is a wee bit further underground than the Etihad car park...

When the players are discussing it, I tend to take it seriously as an issue.

Should be called Walshe's spin update, poor bugger must feel like a puppet having to update that garbage every week

You are probably correct.

Eg Geelong and Ablett and Guthrie just this week, dang injured.
Happens.

Though would be delightful to have a few if our special ones injury free (Wells, Elliott, Moore)

No pubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back