Injury Walsh's Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2010 josh fraser got injured..apparently we couldn't win then either but up came jolly and the rest is history. And we are top 4. Enjoy.

What on earth is this statement. Did you watch footy in 2010?

Jolly was our number 1 ruck from the moment he came to Collingwood he played 26 games that season? He didn't 'come up' because of a Frasier injury he came up because Frasier was inept at the role...

Sorry if you meant something else but this is a poor example... Maybe Medhurst got injured in 2010 and it forced Sidebottom to be played more?

While Treloar is an exceptionally good player, he is not the difference between us winning games or losing games

Would love it if he was not injured, but we have players who can do a serviceable job

Guys i know it sucks, the guy is a very important player for us, but he is one player. One player doesn't make a team, just remember things could be a lot worse,,we could have lost degoey, sidebottom or pendles too. In 2010 josh fraser got injured..apparently we couldn't win then either but up came jolly and the rest is history. And we are top 4. Enjoy.
Jolly was a premiership ruckman. Fraser was in terrible form too. Any premiership midfielders lining up to replace Treloar?

One things for sure, we can’t really afford anymore injuries or our depth is going to be really tested. As it is we’re carrying some blokes.

It’s not as dire as it seems with only Treloar, Moore and Aish I’d say definite best 22. Arguable for Elliot he’s a gun no doubt but the way our forward line is functioning he wouldn’t be a walk up start.

Reid, Wells and Fasolo eh.
Varcoe? Reid will return at some stage. When it comes to the crunch-he would be selected over Mihocek if fit.

Best 22 compiled of players that have missed a game or multiple games this year through injury.

B: Howe – Goldsack - Langdon

HB: Maynard – Moore - Greenwood

C: Wells – Adams – Aish

HF: Varcoe – Reid - Fasolo

F: Kirby – Elliott – Blair

R: McLarty – Treloar – DeGoey

INT: Broomhead – Sier – Lynch – J.Smith

This is why i drink..

1226.gif

While Treloar is an exceptionally good player, he is not the difference between us winning games or losing games

Would love it if he was not injured, but we have players who can do a serviceable job

I hope you are right BJ, and I'm trying (but failing) to stay positive, but I just dont see how we can keep covering for some of these highly talented injured players. We've done exceptionally well to have a highly functioning forward line in the absence of Elliott, Fas, Reid and Moore. But in losing Treloar we might have reached the tipping point.

Really? We have other spare players who can consistently get 30+ possessions and break the game open by sprinting away from packs?

I hope you are right BJ, and I'm trying (but failing) to stay positive, but I just dont see how we can keep covering for some of these highly talented injured players. We've done exceptionally well to have a highly functioning forward line in the absence of Elliott, Fas, Reid and Moore. But in losing Treloar we might have reached the tipping point.

He is a massive loss B J......IMO he is the difference in winning and losing games especially in September.

Without hearing the news today if I was Bucks & Hocking the player I would ask to step up in Adam's absence is Josh Thomas.

Laugh all you like but he is at the right age and can break through packs which is what we will miss the most without Adam in the team.
50/50 split between De Goey & Thomas and pray Elliott can get back into the seniors very soon.

Just my two cents

He is a massive loss B J......IMO he is the difference in winning and losing games especially in September.

Without hearing the news today if I was Bucks & Hocking the player I would ask to step up in Adam's absence is Josh Thomas.

Laugh all you like but he is at the right age and can break through packs which is what we will miss the most without Adam in the team.
50/50 split between De Goey & Thomas and pray Elliott can get back into the seniors very soon.

Just my two cents
Yep, we are in the opinion business.
We differ...no problem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree , I think Treloar , Howe , Grundy are all in the conversation as our most "important" players. His loss will hurt and hurt a lot.

Varcoe? Reid will return at some stage. When it comes to the crunch-he would be selected over Mihocek if fit.
Must admit I did forget about Varcoe. Disagree RE Reid I think we’re better off with Mihocek in the side down forward than we’re with Reid.

Just my two cents
Had shocking luck breaking through packs on Sunday, he kept getting caught holding the ball.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kicked goals on the run in a number of our wins at key times to quell the opposition’s momentum.

I think he has been the difference between losing and winning a number of games.

If Treloar does not fit into this category that might leave Pendlebury and Sidebottom only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking to a couple fellow workers (one is a Fitzroy supporter) and they said Michael Reeves did two hamstrings also.

A grade elite talent is not easy to replace. He is a massive lost and in my view will be the difference between competitive come finals time and being bundled out. Sure we have some depth but no team can afford to lost a top 3 player and hope to go deep in finals.

Richmond have hardly had an injury to any player the past 2 season let alone losing Cotchin or Martin for the season.

Yeah but he was the brother of Superman so was able to recover quickly....:drunk:

He was the opposite of Superman.....chronic bruiser who wore padded thighpads to protect him from bruising...............

Also....little known fact.........played in a Prelim v Hawthorn on the day of his wedding and was knocked out by Dipper and was carried off on a stretcher. Still made it to the church on time though!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back