Injury Walsh's Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

JK would destroy Goldsack, has to be one of Moore or McLarty IMO, and we know the latter aint happening.
Some debut for McLarty, finals interstate against one of best and biggest mmm not sure about that. As for Moore he ain't coming back this year if ever for Pies

Some debut for McLarty, finals interstate against one of best and biggest mmm not sure about that. As for Moore he ain't coming back this year if ever for Pies

He heard something juicy Coogee boy?

Surely if Treloar was a chance to play the final he'd be playing half a game for the VFL this week?
Howe said he (Howe) wasn’t going to play VFL as he didn’t think it’d be fair to keep someone out for only 60% game time and expects tomorrows training to do the job. Probably applies to Treloar as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for sharing V P.

It highlights Gimpy (BringouttheGimp) and my theory about our sport taking too long a break in between seasons.

We don't work hard enough for long enough in my non sports science opinion.

Our sport it comparative to Soccer in regards to our lateral movement.......so why shouldn't our players get back as soon as them after an ACL?

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-09-04/injury-update-who-travels-to-perth

Scott Pendlebury (illness) – available
“Scott had an illness scare over the weekend. It was one of the silver linings in not playing on the weekend, given he quite possibly would have been unavailable. The good news is that he has recovered and is back training. He will certainly be available for the game against West Coast on Saturday.”

Rupert Wills (general soreness) – available
“Rupert will certainly be available this week. Obviously Rupe has had a fair stint in the VFL, but he missed last week’s final with some minor soreness. He will be joining in training this week.”

Max Lynch (ankle) – test
“Max will join the squad to train. He rolled his ankle in the VFL match against Essendon. He will be on light duties for the first part of this week but we would expect him to be able to train and join in later in the week.”

Jeremy Howe (corkie) – test
“Pleasingly, Jeremy will be able to prove his fitness this week. He has had a couple of good sessions. The corkie that was giving him some problems for a number of weeks has cleared up and we will be sure that Jeremy will be making himself available for selection, just by dint of his training performances.”

Adam Treloar (hamstrings) – test
“Adam has had some really good, strong sessions in the last seven-to-ten days. Without making any rash predictions, I think given he will train again later in the week, he is certainly doing everything he can to force his claims. His ability to be showing out at top pace has been quite evident in the last couple of sessions.”

Darcy Moore (hamstring) / Ben Reid (calf) – 1-2 weeks
“Darcy and Ben are both training well and joining in. This week is probably a bridge too far, but the deeper we go into our finals campaign, the more likely it is they are going to put their hand up and be available for selection just on the basis of what they have been able to do in the last week or two, which is good news.”

Jamie Elliott (hamstring) – season
Kayle Kirby (medical condition) – season
Matthew Scharenberg (knee) – season
Tim Broomhead (broken leg) – season
Lynden Dunn (knee) – season
Daniel Wells (foot) – season

Interestingly, no mention of Appleby despite training with Moore and Wills in the rehab group today.

My calf is still not 100% either but I will be flying over to Perth next week.

Bucks I am putting my :hand:up..........ready for the call up if Treloar doesn't get up.

Great offer. Tempting.
But....

I'll stick with Murphy though.

This is mot a dig at Darcy but how does as it seems Treloar get right after doing 2 hammies one requiring surgery in 14 weeks and Darcy doesnt after 5 weeks from a slight strain

This is mot a dig at Darcy but how does as it seems Treloar get right after doing 2 hammies one requiring surgery in 14 weeks and Darcy doesnt after 5 weeks from a slight strain
Are you saying:
* All hamstring injuries are the same
* All hamstrings muscles are the same
* Everyone heals at the exactly the same rate
* People who are tall have the same size hamstrings as people who are shorter
* All hamstring injuries affect the injured player in exactly the same manner
* A persons age is not a consideration
* A persons fitness level is not a consideration

But yeah, I see your point

Are you saying:
* All hamstring injuries are the same
* All hamstrings muscles are the same
* Everyone heals at the exactly the same rate
* People who are tall have the same size hamstrings as people who are shorter
* All hamstring injuries affect the injured player in exactly the same manner
* A persons age is not a consideration
* A persons fitness level is not a consideration

But yeah, I see your point
Great reply

Treloar does not have a hammy history, whereas Moore does. Nonetheless he seems to take quite some time to recover from these injuries. Treloar strikes me as a type A personality.

Bubble Boy! #Moores

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back