Injury Walsh's Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Injuries: Update on Reid and Moore
Luke Mason September 13, 2018 1:10 PM
Injuries: Latest on Moore and Reid General Manager of Football Geoff Walsh has all the latest on injured Magpies Brody Mihocek, Ben Reid and Darcy Moore ahead of Collingwood's Semi-Final against Greater Western Sydney on Saturday night.
Collingwood’s tall utilities Ben Reid and Darcy Moore remain in contention to take on Greater Western Sydney on Saturday.

The duo has endured soft tissue injuries to their calf and hamstring respectively, but several weeks of recovery on the training track has them on the verge of putting their hands up for selection once more.

“Darcy and Ben are on the verge of full fitness and certainly have been in full training this week,” General Manager of Football Geoff Walsh told Collingwood Media’s Injury Update.

“They are ticking every box in terms of their own preparation in recent times.

“I would say certainly Ben will be available for selection this week. He will be putting his hand up.

“If Darcy isn’t in the same boat, he is very, very close and not far behind. Both those boys have produced strong weeks on the track.”

Another tall, Brody Mihocek, will be fit to play after recovering from foot soreness.

“Brody had a bit of an incident with his foot during the game against West Coast. Pleasingly, that’s cleared up.

“It’s really a soreness issue with no structural damage. It was cleared earlier in the week and he has trained this week.

“He did full training today (Thursday) and we have no issues about Brody being declared fit for selection.

Walshy's video injury update is in.

Another quality broadcast from the master orator.

DeGoey and Sier will train tomorrow and are right for Friday night.

Some warbling then about Darcy Moore who may be right, may train fully tomorrow, something about a pointy end, something about miles in legs blah blah.....

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-09-18/injuries-the-latest-on-moore

Will Howe get up? The commentators thought it was an ankle injury. My gut feel was hammy but he got back on. He was icing the right hamstring after the game. He's very important for us back there.
Didn't he make it back on to the ground?

Will Howe get up? The commentators thought it was an ankle injury. My gut feel was hammy but he got back on. He was icing the right hamstring after the game. He's very important for us back there.
Definitely ankle. No guarantee he will get up though. He looked proppy.
I hope he can.

Mason Cox had 4 small iceburgs gladwrapped to his massive pins...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He grabbed the back of his leg high up once or twice after he got up and hobbling around. Hope it’s not another cookie either we need his leap and mark next week too

I'm a bit miffed that the commentators think Howe clutching his ankle automatically means syndesmosis. Howe could actually walk unassisted, if a little proppy, last night. Go back to when Fas actually did his syndesmosis this year, he needed assistance all the way.

I'm a bit miffed that the commentators think Howe clutching his ankle automatically means syndesmosis. Howe could actually walk unassisted, if a little proppy, last night. Go back to when Fas actually did his syndesmosis this year, he needed assistance all the way.

Yeah it was a dumb comment. They get a little too excited by injuries sometimes. Its like they think they're journos who have just broken a story. I don't know why they are so happy about it when it happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back