Walters for Captain 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Captaincy in football is basically an honourary position. It's not like cricket where the captain is effectively the coach and makes decisions crucial to the outcome of the game on a regular basis. The captain of a footy team basically tosses the coin and tries to lead by example on the field and that's it.

It makes sense that your best player is captain for those reason.

Captaincy in football is basically an honourary position. It's not like cricket where the captain is effectively the coach and makes decisions crucial to the outcome of the game on a regular basis. The captain of a footy team basically tosses the coin and tries to lead by example on the field and that's it.

It makes sense that your best player is captain for those reason.

I was wondering about this. I kind of assumed this was the case but it seemed strange that Fyfe would openly talking about wanting to improve his leadership if the captaincy is just honorific.

A lot of captaincy is media, Fyfe is better in that department

Fair point. Fyfe is very good with the media. But don’t discount Walters’ natural charm. Walters’ reaction after accidentally swearing on TV was pure gold. Would love a bit more of that.

I was wondering about this. I kind of assumed this was the case but it seemed strange that Fyfe would openly talking about wanting to improve his leadership if the captaincy is just honorific.

I mean the captain still displays leadership, but it's more of the inspirational variety rather than actual decision making.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back