Review Walters gets a point to beat Brisbane, we all collectively get wood - Rd 10, 2019

I liked the fact that Brayshaw went back and took the difficult shot on goal. It shows to me that he knows he is a better kick than is happening at the moment and backs himself. Too many times (including Switta's) our players do not take the shot. It was a difficult angle, even more difficult from that pocket. It was a lower percentage shot but each point turned out to be critical. I don't care that he missed, I'd rather he try at least.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle

Went at 90.9% Disposal Efficiency. I love that he attempted and hit that kick with a minute thirty left on the clock.

jeez its not a bad little highlights package first up

only 1 error there, the long bomb when he had a free player on the edge of the square, everything else was awesome.

Dirty_banchez

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I thought we were the better team all day, but still think our skills for the most part are not up to standard. Watching the game live and it is evident to me that neither Freo or Brisbane are worthy finals teams.

Hill, Wilson and Sonny played out of their socks with Wilson's kicking out of HB absolutely sublime.

Hogan had a dirty day but he still tried incredibly hard. As others have mentioned he was burned quite a bit on the lead which is still an indictment on our coaching. To Hogan's credit he knew it wasn't his day but he kept trying.

I watched Hughes play really hard on Charlie with Freo really not giving him any room to operate.

The Woodside and Rosich live signing of an agreement was weird.

tacopavlich

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I did say "almost" everyone...

It's relative, the higher income bracket your job pays, the less significance it has as a motivator in driving decision making and behaviour. There are a lot of people that would gladly give up 20% pay if their current job is more interesting and engaging, that's what business psychologists have figured out. I don't think Neale would have left to Brisbane if he didn't believe their rebuild was stronger than ours and I think that's what it came down to.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
How is it in the worst , they rate lobs great game as 4.5 and Hodges as 6View attachment 681556 Lobby dominated and hodge was barely sighted!
I scratched my head a bit at that.
Also they gave Hill 8.5 which I thought was mean as he was worth a 9. He was our highest ranked player. Then I turn to the Eagles page and there are 3 Eagles players who got 9's. So I think its fair to say there is some bias going on.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
How is it in the worst , they rate lobs great game as 4.5 and Hodges as 6View attachment 681556 Lobby dominated and hodge was barely sighted!

The thing is, he is an average ruck. Our centre bounce work was garbage. He takes a few good marks around the ground and people laud him as a star. The same people I guess that say Sandi is crap because he doesn't mark it enough.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
What's everyone thoughts on the start time for the sunday game in perth being pushed back 40 mins this season.

Used to be 2:40 in perth didnt it now its 3:20. I live in Sydney so it doesn't really change much for my perspective.

But i thought that last quarter under lights added to the drama. Certainly the twilight is the way go for perth games at that new stadium if we are going to be shunted to sunday arvos 6 times a year. Having that last quarter under lights.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
What's everyone thoughts on the start time for the sunday game in perth being pushed back 40 mins this season.

Used to be 2:40 in perth didnt it now its 3:20. I live in Sydney so it doesn't really change much for my perspective.

But i thought that last quarter under lights added to the drama. Certainly the twilight is the way go for perth games at that new stadium if we are going to be shunted to sunday arvos 6 times a year. Having that last quarter under lights.

Only 36k though for the much hyped Neale return/battle. Culturally, Perthians mostly want a relaxed Sunday afternoon.

Saturday's always a mix of kids sport/shopping/cleaning/working, with Sunday for a bit of gardening or a social catch up.

Most people don't want to muck about with trains and busses and traffic jams when it's back to the chopping board the next day.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Should probably also mention that breakout games by Hill, Walters, Wilson and even Charlie Cameron etc have so much to do with the prep that goes into Indigenous week.

It starts with the Cultural camps early in the year, with some incredibly stirring speeches made by key figures in the week leading up to the match. It brings tears to my eyes seeing how impassioned and determined these guys become before they play this match. I'm also very proud how strong our club is connected to our local Indigenous people.

FreoBraddles

Team Captain
Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Love this photo from Lachie too.
All the Freo players celebrating whilst Fyfe and Lachie embrace.

Can we all shut up with the Fyfe and Neale hate narrative?

Attachments

• 50C23FF8-9F39-490F-84C3-A09CA80D8CE3.png
    50C23FF8-9F39-490F-84C3-A09CA80D8CE3.png
    627.2 KB · Views: 324

Nolo180

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
Somewhere in time
AFL Club
Fremantle
Has been awful with kicking this year though
Worst kick in team right now. Even worse than Pearce & Brayshaw. I think he called for the footy from Switta to try and redeem his earlier miss but to no avail.

I love his run but if Bewley comes on I would be happy to see him on a wing instead TBH.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Like the cut of Bewley's jibe too. Looks like one of those guys that just goes quietly about it and never puts a foot wrong with the ball in hand.
And man do we need one or 2 of those. I think he might have a future.
And watching the players warm up from close by Cerra is actually becoming a big unit. His legs are huge, he was matched with Fyfe doing the bumping each other thing and he's not much smaller than Nat! He's becoming very handy.
His trunk is pretty light still imo. Legs and arms are big enough.

May 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Moving this into the correct thread.

Congratulations on the hard fought win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game. This is an overall summary of how often your players started as one of the 5 mids (inside + wings) at bounces.

Overall Summary - 23 Bounces

Fyfe 21
Walters 19
B.Hill 18 (17w, 1i)
Langdon 17 wing
Mundy 16
Conca 12 (1w)
Bewley 5 wing
Tucker 5 wing
Blakely 1
Brayshaw 1 wing

Rucks:
Lobb 22 (Martin 15)
Cox 1 (McInerney 8)

1st Half - 11

Fyfe 10
Walters 10
B.Hill 8 (7w, 1i)
Langdon 8 wing
Conca 7 (1w)
Mundy 6
Bewley 3 wing
Tucker 3 wing

Lobb 11

2nd Half - 12

Fyfe 11
B.Hill 10 wing
Mundy 10
Walters 9
Langdon 9 wing
Conca 5
Bewley 2 wing
Tucker 2 wing
Blakely 1
Brayshaw 1 wing

Lobb 11
Cox 1

Notes:
- Only the 2nd inside start I've recorded for Brad Hill (at either side) in analysed games. The only other one was Rd 18, 2018
- Blakely and Brayshaw's only appearances were at the final bounce of the match.
- Bewley was on the wing for the opening bounce. All of his starts were in Q1 & 3
- Conca's first wing start for Freo in analysed games.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Love this photo from Lachie too.
All the Freo players celebrating whilst Fyfe and Lachie embrace.

Can we all shut up with the Fyfe and Neale hate narrative?

It crossed my mind earlier today thinking about that vision of all the players around Son Son after he kicked the point and I how I remembered that I didn't notice Fyfe jump in.

Now I can see where he was.

Last edited:
Back