Review Walters gets a point to beat Brisbane, we all collectively get wood - Rd 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bhill was back to his best today, has he been carrying an injury? Great game from him.
When switta passed that to Langdon and he missed I was sure it was over

FreoGirl

Premium Platinum
Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
Both teams played one of their best games. Was an arm wrestle

Hats off to both clubs

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I finally agree with you. That game was sooo important to both teams because of the ‘Neale factor’ - it was a psychological battle between “we are ok without Neale” and “sucked in we will flog you because we have Neale”. That made for desperate and ugly football.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Positives
- BHill was awesome today, love when he delivers bullets into the forward line.
- Bewley was solid in his first game, definitley a footballer. Made some errors but lots to work with. That kick he drilled in the last quarter was delicious.
- Midfield was fairly good when we aren't roosting the ball inside 50.
- Backline adapted well after a below average first quarter. Cameron was held well. Not sure on the hate for Duman, I thought he was solid (But i prefer Nyhuis).
- Lobb doing well, anyone who wants to lynch him for that backline kick has obviously never made a mistake in their workplace.
- Cerra and Brayshaw continuing to purr along. Good to see them being confident.
- SWITKOWSKI. Some bloody awesome pressure acts / smothers / tackles. Loved his game.
- Beating Brisbane, the AFL medias love child and making up for the s**t show that was last year.

Negatives
- I50 efficiency. Just gross.
- Nathan Wilson seems off. Did some good things but nearly cost us the game as well. Confusing me.
- I don't feel we are getting enough out of Conca / Tucker / Hughes. Not everyone can have 20+ but when they get the chance to impact they don't seem to grab their opportunities.
- Hogan was horrible.
- Cox / Lobb / Wilson all made some glaring errors. Everyone needs to be smarter.

Last edited:

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lobb marking the ball repeatedly in the last quarter is certainly papering over the large cracks iin his centre bounce work. He will make an awesome second ruck when we get Sandi back

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
+
- Pretty much everything about the last quarter and a half; more run, playing the corridor, more direct.
- Hill and Wilson with arguably their best games for the year.
- The way the back six settled after a shaky start.
- Bewley looks like a natural
- Lobb's around the ground work - would prefer him taking those grabs up forward though.
- We can fight and win a shootout.

-
- Hogan and Cox: While our delivery can be a little bit ropey at times, we can't excuse the sort of lazy s**t they offered up today.
- Goalkicking and execution: We can't let the thrill of the win take away from the fact that these are still two major problems for us.
- The complete unwillingness of nearly all our players (barring Fyfe and Walters) to commit to shots on goal is exacerbating our forward issues.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Stoked to get the win. Our attitude in games this year can't be faulted.

- do our forwards know they can make leads or at your mids aware they don't have to bomb it into the forward 50 every single time?
- Bewley did a couple of superb, Steven Hill like kicks that make him a must in the team
- Hill was amazing - especially that smother
- Expected Hogan to step up but he failed, and badly
- Good to see Ross getting around the team at the end

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Good gutsy win but I'm still not convinced of our entries going forward.

So many bombing it long to a massive 10+ player contest 20m out. I can understand in contests around the 50m it can be hard to find space to get the kick to a leading player but so many of our poor entries are when we actually have that time to hit up a leading player.

Walters did a glaring one straight over the leading Hogan's head to the Brisbane defender.

I think our players need to back themselves from 40+ metres out. Hell Fyfe did finally tonight having two shots from Distance, more of that please.

schnoods

Club Legend
May 21, 2012
Warn(a)bro
AFL Club
Fremantle
I feel this game was a carbon copy of the Crows game with the result swinging our way as the Lions backline doesn't have the intercept and rebound the same ways the crows do.

We aren't using the same line breaking players apart from Brad Hill and trying to go by foot which is all well outside of congestion. I think Stephen Hill will help alleviate that a bit. A little bit more run off the backline will help our transition forward.

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brissy quite a bit older and more experienced.

20190526_185531.png

mightydockers

Senior List
May 25, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
I finally agree with you. That game was sooo important to both teams because of the ‘Neale factor’ - it was a psychological battle between “we are ok without Neale” and “sucked in we will flog you because we have Neale”. That made for desperate and ugly football.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

... think you've been reading too much tabloid media. This game was about 4 points for both teams. The Neale sideshow was built up by the media but was always irrelevant in real terms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back