Autopsy Walters kicks a bag & beats Port - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Walters 👍🏻 Sorry for the intrusion to lazy to google but the girl that was the mascot today with Fyfe anyone one know why ? Class by the him after the game
It’s Millie who had brain surgery over in Sydney a couple weeks ago and it’s just been announced her mother’s cancer has returned.

Fyfe has been in constant contact and supporting her throughout her surgeries. She was sitting in the boxes just across from where I was sitting and she was in great spirits all day.

He might not have had the most possessions but his ability to read that play that ended up a goal for us. Absolutely immense.

Walters is a whole other class above at the moment.

Yeah, it had that SHill class that we all miss all over it. He actually built into the game. Was not with it at all early, but he had his handful of touches in the 2nd half and looked much more in the zone. Good to get that one out of the way.

Superb win. So many pleasing things.
Darcy was excellent.
Ryan continues his stellar season.
Shill got through unscathed and showed touches of his class - the kick to Matera that led to a Hogan goal was pinpoint.
Hogan getting a bit of Swag up.
Conca was important.
Brayshaw is a beast.
Matera continues to be dangerous.
Logue showed a bit (and a few horror clangers but he has some great attributes)
And of course the Walters show.
Really enjoying watching us play now!

Gaaahhh - some sympathy please. Daughter's 20th birthday and went out for lunch, she wanted a late one, so we went at 2pm, thinking it was a delayed telecast. Got home and checked the guide and saw it was LIVE, and put it on with 14.55 to go in the fourth. I missed the first three quarters, but what I saw was bloody awesome!

How good, it's getting very exciting!

- Sonny :fire::fire::fire:
- Darcy was huge when I thought he would get overrun in the last
- Brayshaw's cleanest game and he was excellent
- Logue fitted in seamlessly
- Hogan's best game
- Can the calls for Matera to be dropped please stop now
- If we can get and keep Harley in the team then oh boy!

+
- I don't know what Sonny is paying for the Brownlow, but I'm getting on him. Everything he touches turning to gold at the moment.
- Could and should be a career-defining game for Darcy. Got monstered early, but he made two of the better rucks in the comp look silly in the last quarter. He's seemed a bit unsure of himself since his initial long injury layoff, but that was awesome.
- SHill is clearly not 100 per cent, but jesus his skill and vision makes us look 1000 times more polished. Can't wait to see Harley in the mix in a similar manner.
- Jesse's best game for the year IMO. Particularly given the way the Port defenders were given license to scrag and hang off him.
- For a first game back after 18 months I thought Logue was phenomenal - fix that disposal up and he could have a monster second half of the year.
- Brayshaw's disregard for his wellbeing in his tackling game is heartwarming, if a little worrying.
- Fyfe, Mundy, BHill all basically impeccable. I think Fyfe's "we can't to it all" line has clearly struck a nerve, because everyone is stepping up.

-
- Struggling a bit to find many negatives here. The turnovers are a concern, but also a bit of a symptom of the pressure everyone on the field was applying. The fact they stuck out so much shows there's a lot fewer of them, which is something.
- Cox' second half was a lot better, but I still think he's a liability up the ground. I don't see the easy replacement though; Cam, Jonesy and Meek all have their own limitations. Dixon still too green.
- Who goes out for Bennell? Wouldn't want to be a selector this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all fairness that match was at break neck speed with both teams always trying to play on at every opportunity.

Lycett just won a flag, but almost needed an oxygen tank in that 4th qtr
I know we haven't exactly been the cleanest with skills. But crikey, the boys were sloppy today, didn't trust in the team with the outs and knowing the ins were undercooked.

[edit] good that they were a bit less hasty and more decisive in the 2nd half though.

A few more wins like this and they will have confidence that next in line is good enough.

Quite pleased with both Darcy, Logue and SHill's game. Sure, they need more match fitness and both Logue and SHill looked a bit bamboozled by the tempo, but that will come to them with a few games.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surprised Bewley only had 13. Felt like he got more. But gee his first half was terrific. Having him, and the Hill brothers really could be something. Great kick of the footy.

Kudos to Darcy. Told to ruck all day against Ryder and Lycett, arguably the best rucking duo in the comp. Battled all game and pantsed softie Lycett in the last quarter. Embarrassing that Scott was gassed. Darcy got some good knocks into him.

Minus the turnovers, really great effort today. The defence such an unit. Hughes hardly beaten all game, Duman did well too.

Footy has truly won tonight. I actually conceded 5 mins before the match finished that I was so proud of the lads performance even if they lost I wouldn't have minded, I can't remember being this entertained by our footy prior to this last month.

It just had everything, Darcy and Logue copping it in the beginning and then forcing themselves through sheer will to perform at their best available standard.

Brayshaw shedding his coat of post-Gaff wobbles into a Man who throws giants down and forces the ball deep into the forward half.

The evolution of Hughes as a calculating, agile player.

The magic of Walters, B. Hill, Wilson, Fyfe, Mundy and Ryan week in week out.

In particular watching Sonny at any stage these days puts the hairs on my arm on end, I'm not even sure winning a flag rivals would feel much different.

It's a good time to be emotional, can dissect all the technicalities throughout the week - but Ross and the wider Fremantle Football Club have so much more resilience and resolve than the media, opposition fans and many of our fans have allowed.
I'm incredibly humbled.

Ryan was immense today. Walters superb. I was not expecting us to go so well with Pearce and Lobb out but Hodor did well and Logue at least competed. So stoked to get the win. So much to look forward to with this group.

Footy has truly won tonight. I actually conceded 5 mins before the match finished that I was so proud of the lads performance even if they lost I wouldn't have minded, I can't remember being this entertained by our footy prior to this last month.

It just had everything, Darcy and Logue copping it in the beginning and then forcing themselves through sheer will to perform at their best available standard.

Brayshaw shedding his coat of post-Gaff wobbles into a Man who throws giants down and forces the ball deep into the forward half.

The evolution of Hughes as a calculating, agile player.

The magic of Walters, B. Hill, Wilson, Fyfe, Mundy and Ryan week in week out.

In particular watching Sonny at any stage these days puts the hairs on my arm on end, I'm not even sure winning a flag rivals would feel much different.

It's a good time to be emotional, can dissect all the technicalities throughout the week - but Ross and the wider Fremantle Football Club have so much more resilience and resolve than the media, opposition fans and many of our fans have allowed.
I'm incredibly humbled.
You and me both mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back