Autopsy Walters kicks a bag & beats Port - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

West coast fans must be physically sick the dockers are only one game behind the raining premiers lol

Its great, sick who? Get out a bit, was thinking a bit more but, a bit of time out of your bubble, is your go.
In Ross I trust & always have.

Hodor, SHilly and Logue will all be better for the gallop. The forward line is far from the finished product bit it is getting better.

The backline looked a bit leaky early on but found their groove in the second half. Luke Ryan is a dead set gun, BHill was everywhere (again) as was Langdon. Mundy solid as usual. Fyfe was Fyfe. Sonny was Sonny and is all class. His response after dropping the F bomb live on TV was a classic - apologised twice and said "that was poor by me". We have a group of natural leaders that will carry us a long way.

I liked Cox's game today. Not stellar but gave a contest in the air and looked composed with ball in hand. Hogan looked like the player we were hoping for. These two look capable of holding down the KPF with Tabs gone. Matera can smell the goals and is giving us some serious value.

Loved Hodor's game. Physical and despite a couple of skill errors kept going. Took Paddy and Lycett apart in the last quarter and with some of his deft tap work was beautiful.

Everyone contributed and geez they look a happy group. No substitute for self belief.

Very enjoyable game to attend. Easily the loudest and most excited crowd since moving to the new stadium. We've played quite a few close and boring slugfests where the crowd was fairly quiet. An entertaining brand of football really helps get the crowd involved and can give the team a huge boost.

Lots of mistakes were made, but they were mostly in pursuit of trying to play good footy, so I can accept that.

We look to be a very fit team this year. Perhaps that's partly why we get a few injuries during preseason.

You always want to minimise injuries, but if your squad is cruising through preseason without any you have to wonder whether you're pushing them hard enough to get the adaptations you're aiming for.

I think the final score flattered the Power, we coughed up some very easy and soft goals with odd handball but that was the side trying to take the game on at every chance.

Logue had a very good game. Darcy showed his ability after the first.

Brayshaw never stops trying.

Blakely is so hard at it. Even missing a shoe.

Matera and Cox kicking some really tough goals really opened it up for us.

Stephen Hill is very classy.

Walters and Hogan on fire.

Really happy with that.

His tackling today was a thing of beauty. Really stepped up.
His defensive work is incredible to watch. He’s pushing players off, chasing all the way until they kick. That chase in the corridor with the game in the balance. Gee he’s a competitor, and knows how to use his body in space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be plenty of chatter on the main board about the lopsided free kick count, and 32-15 is a rogering for Port the poor bastards. But i am going to feel like an eagle supporter posting this - apart from Walters getting a stupid free to gift him a goal it didn't seem like there was much bias towards us watching the game. I was surprised by the 32-15 margin when I read it after.

Seems to be plenty of chatter on the main board about the lopsided free kick count, and 32-15 is a rogering for Port the poor bastards. But i am going to feel like an eagle supporter posting this - apart from Walters getting a stupid free to gift him a goal it didn't seem like there was much bias towards us watching the game. I was surprised by the 32-15 margin when I read it after.

In fairness Lycett gave away six of them and they were all there. We would have picked up quite a bit of the differential in the last quarter and that was because we were first to the ball.

I thought we copped an armchair ride tbh and if I were a Port fan I'd be feeling pretty dirty about the umps. Not saying it affected the result but I can't remember the last time I watched us get so much charity in our fwd 50. It was mostly in the first two quarters tho, felt like they put the whistle away in the second half.

Yeah the free kick count was surprising. But what I noticed was the umps actually called holding the ball when the ball was released illegally in the tackle, instead of just allowing play on. I found those calls actually opened up the game and it rewards the tackle

High pressure with both teams in the 50 tackle count

Was a great game to be at. My mates young kid loves Micky Walters - those are the games he will remember for life. Great effort boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Port played dirty today. They’ve been playing that way since round 1. I don’t think the umpires missed too many free kicks and they paid ones that were there.

Now about Butters. What a soft, unlikeable player.
Poor guy might have given himself whiplash

Remove this Banner Ad

Back