Autopsy Walters kicks a bag & beats Port - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Really loving the ball movement at the moment, except when we have the mega brain fades like the first quarter.

But prefer that to the slow stagnant stuff.

Cox did well bringing he ball to ground and was composed when he got the ball, would like him to hold a few more marks though.

We’re fantastic with pressure around the ball too.

Blakely surprised me a few times with his explosiveness through congestion, really adds a dimension and he worked hard to support the defence.

And Fyfe’s hands in the clearances both disposing of and receiving when it’s red hot..

If we can play finals this year and get some finals experience into the team it will hold us in good stead for next year, reasonable run with injuries and the team should be up there.

Kane Corn is saying we’re an arrogant side 😢

Don’t forget the other part of the headline: “Dockers have achieved nothing”.

Kane Cornes is a deadset cry baby (Sorry for the strong language Gill). The Dockers don’t look arrogant but they do look like they are enjoying their footy at the moment. Winners are grinners and the boys haven’t had a lot to grin about for three years. Kane Cornes can cry into his wine cooler all he wants! Go Freo!!!!

Very very happy!

A couple of future considerations:

1. I would not be surprised to see Darcy drop off next week. He worked hard today but was shattered by the end. I hope the S&C team work hard on his recovery. Similar to where start of the year, Darcy dropped off in the second game against GC.

2. It would be worthwhile giving Hogan a spell in 6 or so weeks. With the hard surface and he naturally running gait, there is significant pressure in his joints.

This is a good point. Given his foot problems and the fact it is so recent, I would suggest our next home game.

We should be conservative minded as it seems we have been with holding Harley out for an extra week to avoid Optus.

Keeping Jesse primed for the wc game is important. We are a real chance to win that game.

Really loving the ball movement at the moment, except when we have the mega brain fades like the first quarter.

But prefer that to the slow stagnant stuff.

Cox did well bringing he ball to ground and was composed when he got the ball, would like him to hold a few more marks though.

We’re fantastic with pressure around the ball too.

Blakely surprised me a few times with his explosiveness through congestion, really adds a dimension and he worked hard to support the defence.

And Fyfe’s hands in the clearances both disposing of and receiving when it’s red hot..

If we can play finals this year and get some finals experience into the team it will hold us in good stead for next year, reasonable run with injuries and the team should be up there.

Blakely was playing like that before he was injured - was hard to believe how many supporters on here didn’t rate his importance and toughness.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is a good point. Given his foot problems and the fact it is so recent, I would suggest our next home game.

We should be conservative minded as it seems we have been with holding Harley out for an extra week to avoid Optus.

Keeping Jesse primed for the wc game is important. We are a real chance to win that game.
It’s great that even with Taberner and Lobb out we can consider this and still manufacture a decent forward line

I think we are better with 2 KPP's, not 3. The smalls are doing a very good job.
Matera in career best, Sonny obviously, Jesse ran 15.3 km's yesterday.
Bewley adds something to the mix, looks like a goalkicking mid to me, worth their weight in gold.
And having Brayshaw in there was good for pressure, the kid is a tackling machine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised the heading rubbing is even a thing, I did it all the time on the field. I'm generally pretty reserved and avoid all the argy bargy crap on the field, but if you cant let your opponent know about it when you get them holding the ball or they * up, when can you?

Nothing wrong with letting someone know they dun goofed, its a competitive sport

I'm surprised the heading rubbing is even a thing, I did it all the time on the field. I'm generally pretty reserved and avoid all the argy bargy crap on the field, but if you cant let your opponent know about it when you get them holding the ball or they **** up, when can you?

Nothing wrong with letting someone know they dun goofed, its a competitive sport

Totally agree. The only time I’d have slight reservations over it is if it was a young player doing it to a well respected champion player, but this certainly wasn’t the case.

Totally agree. The only time I’d have slight reservations over it is if it was a young player doing it to a well respected champion player, but this certainly wasn’t the case.

Although it wasn’t hairruffling or anything physical but, I saw in the GWS game, Coniglio getting a bit lippy with the best player in the AFL.
Opportunities present for coaches to take a young player aside or even dragged to give them sound advice. “ choose the right target and time “ for smart arsey stuff.
Nat Fyfe deserves more respect from an upstart who has been around for 3 minutes.

I can remember Mark Williams dragging Warren Tredrea for showing disrespect to the opposition by doing a chicken dance after kicking a goal.

This is a message that I received from an ex Eagles employee

Yeah I saw the second half. Really good signs. Greater composure moving forward and lowering of the eyes. Even if they miss s set shot on goal it enables them to lock in the ball and gain repeat entries which over time leads to scores as opposed to just bombing it in long all the time. Shaun Darcy was huge, taking on Ryder and Lycett was massive. Allows greater flexibility with Lobb when he comes back in. Like the forward line not being overly tall and more mobile. Walters in the best form of his career and dangerous round goal. Next four games could set you up for the season and a finals appearance. The Western Derbie will be a must watch game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back