Fremantle
LuGKcjy.gif

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fantastic win.

And another box ticked for me. The S & C team had us flat as a tack after the bye the last two years but we were on, we finished over the top of them, so another big improvement over past years.

The improvement over the last few years and even from earlier this year actually is the most pleasing thing. We’ve made big changes to our structures, game plan and even mind set and it’s paying off.

We’re actually really enjoyable to watch at last and are winning respect around the football nation.

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I know we haven't exactly been the cleanest with skills. But crikey, the boys were sloppy today, didn't trust in the team with the outs and knowing the ins were undercooked.

[edit] good that they were a bit less hasty and more decisive in the 2nd half though.

A few more wins like this and they will have confidence that next in line is good enough.

Quite pleased with both Darcy, Logue and SHill's game. Sure, they need more match fitness and both Logue and SHill looked a bit bamboozled by the tempo, but that will come to them with a few games.

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Shilly's 1%er broke the stronghold on that fourth quarter.

He might not have had the most possessions but his ability to read that play that ended up a goal for us. Absolutely immense.

Walters is a whole other class above at the moment.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Took Darcy right up until the last 2-3 minutes before he looked cooked. Lycett blew up before him :)

Really stamped himself in the last. I said in the preview thread, all about the contested ball. That is where he as going to give us something if anything.

But that last quarter, wow, what a way to stand up. Exceeded my expectations by a fair bit - he wins the contested ball, and we use it half decently (we're still working on that), then his liability around the ground doesn't matter so much - and that's how it worked out in the last.

Back