Autopsy Walters kicks a bag & beats Port - Rd 13

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Watching the replay AGAIN - Bewley is such a tank. He’s an awesome pick up. He could turn into a Boomer Harvey, just with his solid presence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some players have "it". Hard to explain. Luke Ryan has it, Bewley has it too. He's going to make it and be better than average, bookmark it.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
That kick was so good the commentators didn't even realise it was a non-preferred foot kick.
Years ago when I lived in WA & used to attend training at times, Stephen was the only player I noticed using his opposite foot in the warmup "drill" where there would be 2 horizontal lines of players & each player would kick back & forth with one other player.
Practice makes perfect.
Hilly is my favourite player to watch, so I'm pumped he's back.
Really good games by Conca & Brayshaw.
Logue was excellent
Fyfe superb
Ryan second best on
Son Son has AA locked in, 3 Brownlow votes for this game & the admiration of the whole footy world
Great work by Darcy as well

Anyone remember that game a long while back versus Essendon at Subi. We are within a kick. Seconds left. Hill running towards goal 25 metres out but being corralled by a defender so he would have had to kick with his right foot and he refused to do it, gave a stupid handball to a stationary Mayne who stuffed it up and lost us the game.
Maybe the sessions you saw were his penance.

Jul 18, 2010
Australia.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth.
Anyone remember that game a long while back versus Essendon at Subi. We are within a kick. Seconds left. Hill running towards goal 25 metres out but being corralled by a defender so he would have had to kick with his right foot and he refused to do it, gave a stupid handball to a stationary Mayne who stuffed it up and lost us the game.
Oh I remember that game :(!! The missus and I both jumped up when Mayne kicked and yelled "YES!!", subsequently waking up the kid. This was followed by both of us simulatenously following up the "YES" with a resounding "NO!".....crying kid and the missus nursing a sore toe cos she kicked the sofa. Happy days :(!!

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers

It was the right play, Mayne should have kicked the goal.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Kane Corn is saying we’re an arrogant side 😢

Really characterizes the response from Port fans.

I'm normally a fan of that mob but the incessant whinging about the umpiring is getting overboard - like if you repeat 32-15 enough times you can con yourself into believing that the match was completely fixed, without need for analysis or retrospection.

They pay little respect to us (or even themselves to be fair) - I saw an incredible clash that we finished strongly in.

They saw a coach killer, and were embarrassed to lose to a team like us.

Collingwood fans were much better when we beat them, even when they literally had a goal not called in a match decided by less than 6 points.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really characterizes the response from Port fans.

I'm normally a fan of that mob but the incessant whinging about the umpiring is getting overboard - like if you repeat 32-15 enough times you can con yourself into believing that the match was completely fixed, without need for analysis or retrospection.

They pay little respect to us (or even themselves to be fair) - I saw an incredible clash that we finished strongly in.

They saw a coach killer, and were embarrassed to lose to a team like us.

Collingwood fans were much better when we beat them, even when they literally had a goal not called in a match decided by less than 6 points.
A significant proportion of our fans do the exact same thing when the tables are turned. There is no high-ground as a supporter base for us.

Results are almost never decided by umpires (and that applies to us ie 2015 prelim). It is genuinely rare that they are the difference.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Although it wasn’t hairruffling or anything physical but, I saw in the GWS game, Coniglio getting a bit lippy with the best player in the AFL.
Opportunities present for coaches to take a young player aside or even dragged to give them sound advice. “ choose the right target and time “ for smart arsey stuff.
Nat Fyfe deserves more respect from an upstart who has been around for 3 minutes.

I can remember Mark Williams dragging Warren Tredrea for showing disrespect to the opposition by doing a chicken dance after kicking a goal.
Remember when Brown got his first opportunity years ago. No respect at all. "I'm here, let's play "

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
A significant proportion of our fans do the exact same thing when the tables are turned. There is no high-ground as a supporter base for us.

Results are almost never decided by umpires (and that applies to us ie 2015 prelim). It is genuinely rare that they are the difference.
Mmm I’m going to disagree here. Momentum is massive in football. Hugely underrated. Poor umpiring can kill momentum at key points in games. See 2013 GF and 2015 PF.

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle

Like 00’s of others Mayne should have kicked albeit he was under pressure . He was basically at the top of the goal square too.
Pretty sure he hit the post .

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle

Was that the one where we lead by a heap early and they just ground back into it before we (Mayne) handed it to them?

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was that the one where we lead by a heap early and they just ground back into it before we (Mayne) handed it to them?

Yes,pretty sure that was the game.
Hird coaching and Margetts did his usual bullshit on Michael Barlow.
Pinged him for head contact when he was stationary and the Essendon player slid into his legs, then a 50 metre penalty for good measure followed by another to gift them a goal when it should have been a certain goal to MickyB.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes,pretty sure that was the game.
Hird coaching and Margetts did his usual ******** on Michael Barlow.
Pinged him for head contact when he was stationary and the Essendon player slid into his legs, then a 50 metre penalty for good measure followed by another to gift them a goal when it should have been a certain goal to MickyB.

I’ve never felt lower and for so long after a loss than that game. Not sure why that one but it affected me like no other.

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle
I felt the worst after the game we lost Barlow.

The irony is Margetts punched Barlow for the very rule that was brought in because of his dreadful leg break.
Even bigger travesty is Deano thought it was supposed to be paid against the player who got slid into.
Mick was 20 metres out from goal dead in front. Putrid umpiring.

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I thought we definitely got the rub of the green (for once). But you know what, we dominated them in the 4th and deserved the 4 points. Also, amazing how much you don’t give a **** when it’s not happening to you :)

Port got a goal from a kick from the boundary that was marked well over the boundary. Umpires missed a few in the last quarter, when they had put their whistles away. Port supporters complained about the head high that Walters got against Robbie Gray in the second quarter but it wasn’t shown on the screens.

I think there were at most a couple of soft frees to Freo. The umpires rewarded tacklers more than they do sometimes, which makes the game better. The Power players came with an intent to touch up the Freo players and were punished for it. Sucks to be them.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Thought Langdon had a very good game.

He gets back so deep in defence and offers a release, but not only that, he's under pressure, but he has that first 5 metres where he digs in and gets a gap on his persuer and it allows someone else to come in for a release handball. So many times he worked the ball up the boundary side from a precarious defensive position to a reset in attack with that hard work.

Last edited:

Joeltownsmith

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dall cowboys
Not everyone watches that thrones nerd s**t his names Sean dardcy. But I remember I was disappointed we didn’t take battle in the draft instead whose looks ok but I ain’t complaining anymore well done big boy.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thought Langdon had a very good game.

He gets back so deep in defence and offers a release, but not only that, he's under pressure, but he has that first 5 metres where he digs in and gets a gap on his persuer and it allows someone else to come in for a release handball. So many times he worked the ball up the boundary side for a precarious defensive position to a reset in attack with that hard work.
Langdon's defensive work is very good. Really most of what he does is, the only knock is the kicking and perhaps a bit of decision making in the forward half.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Personally i didnt like Fyfe giving Gray a rub on the head. but the rest of the stuff Kornes has brought up is laughable. Salty
Been happening for years. It happens in every level of sport. It’s called niggle and anyway to put your opponent off.
Fyfe gets caught holding the gall, and what does the opposition do? They got over and rub him on the head.. they give it to him more then Fyfe ever dishes it

Back