Injury Walters

Remove this Banner Ad

First choice is Mitchie but i'd like to see the Sloth get a fp gig. Has a bit of x factor, good tackler, player fairly well in a pocket before getting a midfield gig.

My guess is he would give everything and some to keep his name in front of the selectors too. Maybe some of the guys who watch him can report whether they think he's ready.

Kinda funny how when the club says that player X will be out for 3 weeks it is a problem for supporters when he is out for longer.

We aren't fixing robots here.
Vehicles for conveying sherrins. Varying degrees of speed, comfort and quality.

But no, not robots.

4 weeks, 6 weeks, however long it takes. Just no repeat of Mundy's complications please.

Well that sucks. If it's the Mundy type injury people are talking about, then it need not be the same as what Mundy went through. The issue with that sort of injury is that there's huge variation in recovery time.

I did a similar injury quite recently. It was on the minor end, maybe similar to Walters?? I actually felt really good after only a week or so, however, it would hurt if I tried to really push it. It's four weeks and only now starting to feel right under sports stress conditions which I do at nothing like AFL level.

From what I gather (experts out there please fix this up), because of low blood flow and other factors, it's one of those injuries that you really need to make sure you don't push it too hard too early. It can feel better than it actually is and under stress takes a lot of load. With that in mind, take the 4 weeks, more if needed and just get it right.

I suppose the big question is how long we can continue to absorb this without feeling the strain. We are already.
We still have Michie and Crozier, for now. It's not the end of the world. I'd like to see Michie first I think, against Melbourne. Crozier against Adelaide. After the bye, we see who we have and who stepped up.

I suppose the big question is how long we can continue to absorb this without feeling the strain. We are already.
We still have Michie and Crozier, for now. It's not the end of the world. I'd like to see Michie first I think, against Melbourne. Crozier against Adelaide. After the bye, we see who we have and who stepped up.

Hill should be ready for the crows. Pav should be ready for after the bye and Sandi not long after. Good players are coming back. Lucky we are playing Melb this coming week then Adelaide, bye and Brissy. All bottom 8 sides. Not that you can relax for any game but much better than playing top 8 sides with these injuries.

Freo have weathered some tough games. Walters should be back the game after Brissy so I'm optimistically going to so we should be fine.

Is it just me or does it seem like there isn't such a thing as a 1-2 week injury in the AFL this year? Absolute shame that both Hill and Walters will be missing for indigenous round.

Hill should be ready for the crows. Pav should be ready for after the bye and Sandi not long after. Good players are coming back. Lucky we are playing Melb this coming week then Adelaide, bye and Brissy. All bottom 8 sides. Not that you can relax for any game but much better than playing top 8 sides with these injuries.

Freo have weathered some tough games. Walters should be back the game after Brissy so I'm optimistically going to so we should be fine.

In totality you are right, we are 5-2-1 and six of our eight games have been against final contenders. To be where we are with our injury list is pretty special.
Still hope we never have another preseason thread where we boast about having no injuries and the healthiest list ever.

In totality you are right, we are 5-2-1 and six of our eight games have been against final contenders. To be where we are with our injury list is pretty special.
Still hope we never have another preseason thread where we boast about having no injuries and the healthiest list ever.

You can blame me for that I talked the team up a fair bit.

Walters is training the house down.
Michie looking great.
Hannath could get a gig.
We will beat WC in the first round etc...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very unlucky, that's his first All Australian out the window.

Not necessarily - if NicNat can make it after only playing 10 decent game for the year there's still hope for Son Son.

Amazing depth we have at the moment though, to think our best small forward has just been ruled out yet we have a wunderkid like Crozier ready to come straight in - and even a decent player like Mellington for further depth after that.

I'm fairly optimistic too; by the end of the season we'll be at least at 80%(touch wood).

Problem as i see it that Pav & Sandi (and Morabito especially) aren't going to be instant fix-its due to a lack of game time. The truly remarkable thing about this Freo team is how deep it bats, to get to this position and with these losses.

Know what else I like? Unlike certain other mobs around the way, I haven't seen much bleating on the boards here about how good we'd be or we would have won this if we had (insert injured player or players here). I like that a lot.

All the Crozier for Walters talk is interesting. It is worth remembering that Crozier was actually named in Saturday's team, with Mzungu being the late inclusion. If Crozier is fit he may have played regardless of the Walters injury. It just seems even more likely that he'll play now. In any case, I wouldn't see it as a Crozier vs Michie argument. I'd expect Crozier - if fit - would come in. If Michie is to get a game, I reckon it'd be at the expense of Mzungu or Sutcliffe.

I thought that Crozier had a groin issue, hence Mzungu got the gig on Saturday o_O o_O

Yep that's right. However, I think RTB said he'd be right to go for our next game.

I can see Crozier coming in and that's about it to be honest. Michie might get his chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back