News Walyalup Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm in a tricky spot here team, please do your best not to plummet this into a politics thread. Square Peg has a point where it's nothing but positives on here but I get wanting to discuss numpties on facebook. Lets at least stick the conversation to this particular piece of news and avoid heading down the typical talking points in Australia Day and The Constitution.

Like it. Starts a new tradition for Doug Nicholls Round and builds on our extensive history with Indigenous (and mostly Noongar) representation.

Not quite sure how this detracts from our identity when the above is such a massive part of the club's history, but people have to find something to get triggered over, I guess.

It will be made very important to pronounce it correctly because saying it wrong will be seen to be insulting or otherwise not taking it seriously and therefore racist. They will all practice it like cricket commentators before a world cup game against a sub continent side.

Ah yes, the woke mafia out in force to * checks notes * get commentators paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to do their jobs to the bare minimum standard. The gall.

Ah yes, the woke mafia out in force to * checks notes * get commentators paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to do their jobs to the bare minimum standard. The gall.

Which would be why Fruh-mantle gets a run whenever Russell is commentating our games...

This will matter enough to get absolutely right.

The Fremantle name isn’t going anywhere. This is an odd argument.
Eh? It literally is going missing for 2 weeks.

I find it odd that some people seem to conflate it with the cause (whatever that is). Like I said before, I'd have the same opinion if we were to change our name to the Starlight Dockers for a couple of weeks, and that is absolutely no reflection of the charity itself or the sick kids they help. I just don't think we should be compromising our identity like that for any cause.

Eh? It literally is going missing for 2 weeks.

I find it odd that some people seem to conflate it with the cause (whatever that is). Like I said before, I'd have the same opinion if we were to change our name to the Starlight Dockers for a couple of weeks, and that is absolutely no reflection of the charity itself or the sick kids they help. I just don't think we should be compromising our identity like that for any cause.
Face Palm No GIF

I think in a world where alot of companies have seen the financial benefit in so-called "woke" branding and marketing stunts, there's a part of society that's really turned off by that sort of thing. Of course that's no reason for them to act like a dick about it. It's the bare minimum and hurts no one and at the very least the Club backs it up by their other activities. Some people will just always find a reason to complain unfortunately.
i like us rebranding for indigenous round but i agree with this sentiment as well.

for example fossil fuel companies talking about climate change being everyone's responsibility

Remove this Banner Ad

Back