FTA-TV Wandavision

Remove this Banner Ad

Stark Industries toaster equates to Age of Ultron and the whole being buried under rubble from a Stark Missile for Wanda and Pietro, hence the led escalating blinking like a bomb going off. This is a comic thing that they kept in the movies but it's in a convo with Ultron, where they basically say they hid under rubble after a Stark missile exploded and that's generally why they started off as villains to screw the Avengers over.

We also got a scene in the real world, after Vision literally turned the first episode off, and promo stuff for the shows also shows that the remotes buttons are soul gems.

The fact that the character is named heart and it was Wanda that literally went "Vision, save him" could not be any more blatant really, had Twilight Zone vibes for mine where you have normal situation that just gets escalated really quickly in a rando direction as MASSIVE TENSION.

Yeah, grief is the assumed motivation, though I'd assume she has created a pocket universe where everyone who is in it got sucked into that "world" as she has reality manipulation and we know she's powerful enough to go toe to toe with Thanos with gauntlet. We then pretty much know Mephisto is big bad, Agnes is probably Agatha, Monica Rambeau aka Ms Marvel copy is the "friend" at the pool meeting and also gets ejected later from a dome. More likely is that SWORD have contained the situation and are trying to counsel Wanda to drop it or assume that someone is controlling her to project it so trying to make contact which she is then refusing, hence beekper emerging from sewer to "no" and time reversal. We then also know that Wandavision connects to Doc Strange & Spidey, so we assume multiverse connection and reality manipulation.

You then have in the comic intro to ep 2, a helmet of the Grim Reaper, which is a Wonder Man thing and Mephisto link, and the first colour to really "pop" in the world is red, which is both Wanda's power as well as Mephisto, and Visions song of Yakety Yak, yep, devil reference song. So if we assume that SWORD are containing, this is somehow linked to Mephisto, Wanda is in Doc Strange and Multiverse of Madness, we can assume in reality manipulation to create that "bubble" she created a bridge? much like Stranges portals in Endgame. We than have a situation where say, the penultimate is Wanda brings about "new" as in, instead of say "no more mutants" it's the opposite as a means to get new cap, new iron man type, the F4 and wrap things together in a bow. After all, Moon Knight is an Egyptian god pantheon thing as part of I think it's Hellbent in comics? So they seem to be trending that way...

Mind blown from the Mephisto link you’ve made. Didn’t even consider it until you’ve laid it out like that. I’ve been so certain of Agnes being Agatha that I hadn’t really thought of SWORD’s involvement.

What is the devil reference for Yakety Yak though? As an aside, whenever I hear that song I always think of Arnie singing it in Twins :D

Mind blown from the Mephisto link you’ve made. Didn’t even consider it until you’ve laid it out like that. I’ve been so certain of Agnes being Agatha that I hadn’t really thought of SWORD’s involvement.

What is the devil reference for Yakety Yak though? As an aside, whenever I hear that song I always think of Arnie singing it in Twins :D

"In 1952, the Lord Jesus Christ appeared to me in a vision* and talked to me for about an hour and a half about the devil, demons, and demon possession. At the end of that vision, an evil spirit that looked like a little monkey or elf ran between Jesus and me and spread something like a smoke screen or dark cloud. Then this demon began jumping up and down, crying in a shrill voice, "Yakety-yak, yakety-yak, yakety-yak." I couldn't see Jesus or understand what He was saying." a recount from Kenneth Haigin from 1917-2003 memoir.

For me, it's not coincidental that they chose the 1958 song as the "ice" breaker from the known dead guy, I think they know of this reference given the time period they're refering in that first episode. Whilst they're troping massively with bits of sitcoms, Agnes is the one generally leading to "sin" equating heart to seduction and debouchery, her saving dinner is then gluttony and Wanda then being the one in actual control and then saving the "heart" then immediately leads to the potential world fractures in ep 2 as if "this is not the way" towards then further corruption.

If we believe she's making up the story as she goes, then there also has to be someone pulling the strings as otherwise you have constant rewinds instead of the "stop it" repetition to stunned faces there's "popped" existence. All a guess on my part, but I would not at all be surprised if we end up with something like Mephisto holding Wanda to resurrect Vision "sign this, do this and I'll bring ya boy back", this is then her fractured psyche "rebuilding" which is why it's starting off happy with foreboding tones and say Dots of "I am intense demanding now fear" and say Doc Strange being the one to then extricate her from his realm in the end. So Wandavision being 12 eps and us having 2 thus far leads to it probably ends with a plea for help and laughter as "contract signed".

All a guess at the end, but at least that's kind what I'm expecting.

Like most I am intrigued enough to keep going - only picked up 1 or 2 eggs - but overall I am waiting to see the direction it goes

Paul Bethany emotes a desperation which I find oddly disconcerting - which may or may not be appropriate

That it is another world/fantasy is clear and I await further reveals

"In 1952, the Lord Jesus Christ appeared to me in a vision* and talked to me for about an hour and a half about the devil, demons, and demon possession. At the end of that vision, an evil spirit that looked like a little monkey or elf ran between Jesus and me and spread something like a smoke screen or dark cloud. Then this demon began jumping up and down, crying in a shrill voice, "Yakety-yak, yakety-yak, yakety-yak." I couldn't see Jesus or understand what He was saying." a recount from Kenneth Haigin from 1917-2003 memoir.

For me, it's not coincidental that they chose the 1958 song as the "ice" breaker from the known dead guy, I think they know of this reference given the time period they're refering in that first episode. Whilst they're troping massively with bits of sitcoms, Agnes is the one generally leading to "sin" equating heart to seduction and debouchery, her saving dinner is then gluttony and Wanda then being the one in actual control and then saving the "heart" then immediately leads to the potential world fractures in ep 2 as if "this is not the way" towards then further corruption.

If we believe she's making up the story as she goes, then there also has to be someone pulling the strings as otherwise you have constant rewinds instead of the "stop it" repetition to stunned faces there's "popped" existence. All a guess on my part, but I would not at all be surprised if we end up with something like Mephisto holding Wanda to resurrect Vision "sign this, do this and I'll bring ya boy back", this is then her fractured psyche "rebuilding" which is why it's starting off happy with foreboding tones and say Dots of "I am intense demanding now fear" and say Doc Strange being the one to then extricate her from his realm in the end. So Wandavision being 12 eps and us having 2 thus far leads to it probably ends with a plea for help and laughter as "contract signed".

All a guess at the end, but at least that's kind what I'm expecting.

fascinating stuff with the reference to Yakety Yak. I googled that to read more about that priest. As you said, it’s all guesswork at the moment however if you’ve nailed the Mephisto involvement based off this, that’s a great piece of prediction.

Have no idea what is going on (my Marvel knowledge sucks - and I can't remember anything about Wanda or Vision from the movies).

... But I'm hooked.

Have no idea what is going on (my Marvel knowledge sucks - and I can't remember anything about Wanda or Vision from the movies).

... But I'm hooked.

The black and white Wandavision show is hard to sit through. There's clearly more something going on. But a an alternative
the Truman Show kept you entertained before the big reveal.

The black and white Wandavision show is hard to sit through. There's clearly more something going on. But a an alternative
the Truman Show kept you entertained before the big reveal.
I think the humour has been great. The black and white hasn’t deterred me at all. I love a good mystery.

I think the humour has been great.
It felt forced to me - as someone who watched these shows when they first aired a long time ago - seeing someone do a scene by scene replication doesnt make it funny - its humourous no doubt but funny?

... But I'm hooked.

Yeah, me too. I really like it so far. Even if I'm missing the details there's clearly a lot going on. The bits where the sitcom mask slips off are fantastic.

I'll try to avoid discussions about the show until it's over. From reading the non spoiler bits of this thread it seems like most people are a few steps ahead of me already. Hopefully the show is good enough I'll want to rewatch it right away with the knowledge of where it ends up going.

... But I'm hooked.

Lol my wife and I did a review of the ep and she started trying to recap what had happened in the movies but admitted she couldn't remember anything about either of them! I think the great thing about this show though is you don't need much prior knowledge, you can just come along for the ride.

Lol my wife and I did a review of the ep and she started trying to recap what had happened in the movies but admitted she couldn't remember anything about either of them! I think the great thing about this show though is you don't need much prior knowledge, you can just come along for the ride.

All that needs to be known is;

Vision was in a box, then Thor smashed it, before he got drunk.
Vision was then trying to put Wanda in a box, then got drunk.

Full circle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even amidst the lighter hearted tone, all three episodes so far have managed to still hit that genuine creepy/eerie moment. This one was tense with Geraldine.

Definitely seemed to be a SWORD giveaway. Hydra soap was a quality inclusion.

Great to finally mentioned Quicksilver again. I don’t believe he has even been referred to again since Age of Ultron.

I will stick with it but man its slow. Such short eps aint helping. Needed to be hour long ep. It barely started and its over.

I thought this ep was the opposite of slow. Cracking ep.

Even amidst the lighter hearted tone, all three episodes so far have managed to still hit that genuine creepy/eerie moment. This one was tense with Geraldine.

Definitely seemed to be a SWORD giveaway. Hydra soap was a quality inclusion.

Great to finally mentioned Quicksilver again. I don’t believe he has even been referred to again since Age of Ultron.

I loved this episode, though feel Geraldine was about as blatant as a punch in the face.

Also that everyone seemed "in" on it not being real, or outing the threat, this time to Vision with no inkling to Wanda and her then drawing her own conclusion inside to then eject her.

Thoughts:

1. Brady Bunch intro turned into hexagons. AIM or just Brady Bunch and nothing but? Maybe the Hydra ads are a misdirect? Like a TV in a TV to be meta?
2. Cutting through the brick wall. Walls are borders, division. Storytelling.
3. Vision inside the house, not a rewind ala beekeeper, more a glitch in the matrix. Wanda has partial on world, Vision is Hydra/Aim controlled to keep her compliant?
4. Stork and shenanigans part Billy (Wiccan) as not dispelled by Wanda despite multiple attempts and butterflies.
5. So if we think: Hydra control, Wanda partial, Agnes tied to Mephisto, Herb trying to explain " because we're all..." to Agnes shushing, maybe all 3? Mephisto, MODOK, Hydra?
6. So we have SWORD, Wanda, Vision, Agnes, Potenmtially Hydra/AIM/Terrorist arm controlling things or with interest. That is 5 groups with an interest at minimum all with fingers in that pie.

This is likely going to get very messy.

that episode all but confirmed to me that it’s Wanda controlling the whole thing and either intentionally or unintentionally holding everyone prisoner(swinging to intentionally because of how she reacted to the Sword symbol). Sword is trying to find out why and still were probably thinking someone is caging her (hence the radio calls ep2).

I thought this ep was the opposite of slow. Cracking ep.

As someone very critical of the first two eps, balance was great. Comedy was great as was the production value looking era specific. I love the visual touches they have put in each episode too.

I can see what they are going for pace wise, like a dam breaking, a few cracks and then everything falling apart.

Paul Bettany is as a good comedically as he is dramatically, star of the show IMO.

Transition to widescreen letterbox was great, along with 'Daydream believer' while
S.W.O.R.D
were coming.

Can see the end of the series being very dark. Excited now.

EDIT: And the glitch was a nice touch too after intially thinking the stream had pooped it haha.

Last edited:
I loved this episode, though feel Geraldine was about as blatant as a punch in the face.

Also that everyone seemed "in" on it not being real, or outing the threat, this time to Vision with no inkling to Wanda and her then drawing her own conclusion inside to then eject her.

Thoughts:

1. Brady Bunch intro turned into hexagons. AIM or just Brady Bunch and nothing but? Maybe the Hydra ads are a misdirect? Like a TV in a TV to be meta?
2. Cutting through the brick wall. Walls are borders, division. Storytelling.
3. Vision inside the house, not a rewind ala beekeeper, more a glitch in the matrix. Wanda has partial on world, Vision is Hydra/Aim controlled to keep her compliant?
4. Stork and shenanigans part Billy (Wiccan) as not dispelled by Wanda despite multiple attempts and butterflies.
5. So if we think: Hydra control, Wanda partial, Agnes tied to Mephisto, Herb trying to explain " because we're all..." to Agnes shushing, maybe all 3? Mephisto, MODOK, Hydra?
6. So we have SWORD, Wanda, Vision, Agnes, Potenmtially Hydra/AIM/Terrorist arm controlling things or with interest. That is 5 groups with an interest at minimum all with fingers in that pie.

This is likely going to get very messy.
that episode all but confirmed to me that it’s Wanda controlling the whole thing and either intentionally or unintentionally holding everyone prisoner(swinging to intentionally because of how she reacted to the Sword symbol). Sword is trying to find out why and still were probably thinking someone is caging her (hence the radio calls ep2).

I’m just about certain after the third episode that we’re also dealing with Advanced Idea Mechanics. Strucker has already been referenced and is now a given, I’m keenly awaiting something regarding MODOK.

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned yet: Vision’s body. The last time it was seen was April 2018 in Infinity War, where he died twice (poor bloke). Obviously, it would never have been left there amongst the fields of Wakanda.

I wonder who took possession of it. Even without the mind stone, it’s still a billion dollar incredibly advanced piece of technology, a combination of vibranium and Stark tech.

With Wanda’s powers still being somewhat untapped in the MCU (compared to the comics), I feel she has created a bubble (a perfect little life) with Vision’s body used as some kind of conduit to do so.

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that somehow she has wrestled his body back from AIM (who stole it after IW and have perhaps created MODOK as a result).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back