FTA-TV Wandavision

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
The Monica Rambeau storyline is poo lame.

Introduce Dennings character through another arc (as she's great) and remove MR and the show would lose nothing but the lameness that storyline delivers..

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
The Monica Rambeau storyline is poo lame.

Introduce Dennings character through another arc (as she's great) and remove MR and the show would lose nothing but the lameness that storyline delivers..

Monica is another superhero and the daughter of a character from Captain Marvel... Shes been pretty central to the plot at this point.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Monica is another superhero and the daughter of a character from Captain Marvel... Shes been pretty central to the plot at this point.

Disagree, feels like a poorly written side plot.

I know who she is, she's from an arc that's full of bad writing and lame characters. That's what Captain Marvel brings to the table.
When the US airforce just hand a super expensive bit of kit over to a field officer just like that it's not great writing.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

I know who she is, she's from an arc that's full of bad writing and lame characters. That's what Captain Marvel brings to the table.
When the US airforce just hand a super expensive bit of kit over to a field officer just like that it's not great writing.
I’d say there’s a lot more average writing in the universe of marvel than that.

I get what your saying, the plot and writing aren’t great for her, but she’s not a side plot, she’s literally central to Wanda at this point.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond

Every part that's bad about that storyline is because of Haywood. He's an awful cliche and exists only to slow Monica down.
Now that she is finally back in the Hex and dealing with Wanda her story will improve significantly.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I’d say there’s a lot more average writing in the universe of marvel than that.

I get what your saying, the plot and writing aren’t great for her, but she’s not a side plot, she’s literally central to Wanda at this point.

Shes the Daenerys Targaryen of Wandavision, every scene they are in its the lowest quality corny scene in the episode.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Shes the Daenerys Targaryen of Wandavision, every scene they are in its the lowest quality corny scene in the episode.

Daenarys had easily the most watchable story for the first 5-6 seasons of that show... Alot of recency bias here.

In any event i disagree with you.

Im curious, you seem to hate nearly every aspect of this show, why do you continue to watch it?

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Every part that's bad about that storyline is because of Haywood. He's an awful cliche and exists only to slow Monica down.
Now that she is finally back in the Hex and dealing with Wanda her story will improve significantly.

Darcy Lewis proves a character can revolve around a Haywood and still thrive.

Maybe it's because she comes from Thor who has lots of great characters and and MR comes from Captain Marvel who has next to none. .

Even the way she's getting her powers is pretty yawn worthy.

You might be right and the character improves but I'm not holding out much hope for that.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Darcy Lewis proves a character can revolve around a Haywood and still thrive.

Maybe it's because she comes from Thor who has lots of great characters and and MR comes from Captain Marvel who has next to none. .

Even the way she's getting her powers is pretty yawn worthy.

You might be right and the character improves but I'm not holding out much hope for that.

She got her powers from going through the sphere enough times to alter her DNA.

Thor was a god, cap got an injection, spider man got bitten by a spider and Iron Man built a suit.

I think you just dont like her.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Daenarys had easily the most watchable story for the first 5-6 seasons of that show... Alot of recency bias here.

Im curious, you seem to hate nearly every aspect of this show, why do you continue to watch it?
I watch it because I've always been a Scarlett Witch fan. .

Always been one of the best Marvel characters.

Just because you like a character doesn't mean you have to like every other character around them.

You can love Wonder Woman the character but not like who they put around them in a movie.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I watch it because I've always been a Scarlett Witch fan. .

Always been one of the best Marvel characters.

Just because you like a character doesn't mean you have to like every other character around them.

You can love Wonder Woman the character but not like who they put around them in a movie.

Oh im not implying you dont like Wanda, i suspect you dont like Rambeau.

I mean im not gonna watch a show for one character, if every other part of the show shits me id give up.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
She got her powers from going through the sphere enough times to alter her DNA.

Thor was a god, cap got an injection, spider man got bitten by a spider and Iron Man built a suit.

I think you just dont like her.

You just highlighted why it's a pretty weak premice to gain powers. If that's all it takes anyone can gain those powers. The examples you provided not so much.

Its not her, it's the lameness Captain Marvel and its characters bring.

Literally care zero about them or what happens to them. So if they are going to be in something they better be amazing, which this character isn't.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

You just highlighted why it's a pretty weak premice to gain powers. If that's all it takes anyone can gain those powers. The examples you provided not so much.

Its not her, it's the lameness Captain Marvel and its characters bring.

Literally care zero about them or what happens to them. So if they are going to be in something they better be amazing, which this character isn't.

Theyre all pretty weak premises. As with any character theres the whole "chosen one" aspect. Cap needed to have heart otherwise hes Red Skull.

You are completely entitled to your opinion and not liking the show i just dont get why you would persist with it, youve not said a single positive thing about it.

There's not liking something, which everyone is entitled to, and there's aggressively not liking something and insisting others are wrong for not sharing their worldview.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Well my view wasn't a rare one on Daenerys so obviously we see very different things when watching shows.

Obviously you can't read or choose to read what you want.

You obviously glossed over the part where I said Darcy Lewis is a character than shines in scenes when MR does not.

I love Scarlett Witch, I like Vision, I like Darcy and I like
Agnes, more than enough to be able to keep watching while not liking the MR character.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well my view wasn't a rare one on Daenerys so obviously we see very different things when watching shows.

Obviously you can't read or choose to read what you want.

You obviously glossed over the part where I said Darcy Lewis is a character than shines in scenes when MR does not.

I love Scarlett Witch, I like Vision, I like Darcy and I like
Agnes, more than enough to be able to keep watching while not liking the MR character.

Its absolutley rare... For the first 5ish seasons she was beloved. I guess we both selectively remember what was said.

Its being said the sitcom recreations wont happen for the last 2 eps. As well as they were done, if by the end of it there is no explanation for why they were done I will be dissapointed. It needs to tie into the plot somehow rather then just have been a gimmick. Same thing with Evan Peters though I suspect that will be explained by the end of the show.

Back