FTA-TV Wandavision

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wish I knew Marvel better. Feel like a lot of the stuff people are getting really excited about I have no idea on.

Still enjoying this show heaps. Excited for the rest of the Marvel shows now. Perfect start.

Ahhh, its a bit of a balance. I used to lose my mind over the easter eggs (Caps shield in the background of Iron Man 1 sort of thing) but throwing out Agatha Harkness and maybe a fly who is Mephisto, doesnt blow my skirt up.

I reckon we all need some Occams Razor, i remember going full conspiracy mode on True Detective and analysing every scene then it turns out it was just normal hill billy murderous s**t. This will probably go the same way and all the loose ends (and there are ALOT) wont be tied up.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I work at a school as an integration aid and one of the students I support is on the autism spectrum. He loves the marvel stuff, so I asked him if he had seen wandavision , which he hadn't so I showed him the trailer. Basically I ended up rewatching 3 episodes. I did enjoy rewatching it myself but enjoyed seeing his curiosity and excitement grow as things started to unravel. Like at the first episode wait what was that? "Has someone been watching them on tv?" "What's outside the town?" "Wait that's modern technology, so outside the town is modern." "Yes she is a twin, her twin brother was shot by ultron remember" these are the questions statements he would say and knowing what I know he is in for quite the ride as I have been. One quote I did forget about norm's a communist' when the young fella asked me what's a communist? I told him that I'll have to explain later haha. Anyway one more sleep can't wait for the next reveals myself.

Magnifique.

I appreciate the little things. Such as Vision phasing through the walls, nice callback to Civil War :D

And opening the episode in Salem, holy sh*t.

The figure silhouette in the mind stone sequence....it had horns.....

Mind stone broke to show the soul stone which is what shone. This is why there was then a fatality in every previous test, as the volunteers souls would have been crushed before appearing, so was found wanting.

Infinity stones exist because balance, this is why Thanos was 50% off everything, to maintain balance, and to maintain balance he needed the stones that then maintained the balance to enforce balance.

Chaos magic, is unbalanced. Mind stone should not reflect the soul stone if not for good reason, and that Wanda stared into light of the soul stone, reflected or not, we assume was an untrained witch with the bomb in chaos instance. As it was then the soul stone reflected which is then what shone, and the soul stone is what created Vision, this was a reflection of her soul in becoming the Scarlet Witch as opposed to Wanda Maximoff.

This is probably then reinforced by "Dick Van Dyke show AGAIN?" from young Pietro, as the constant despite the nod to episodic content opening in the suitcase.

This also casts massive doubt on S.W.O.R.D, as Wanda's memory is walking in, being let in, breaking door, meeting Hayward, seeing Vision being disassembled, breaking glass, checking for consciousness, then leaving. Haywards recording shows her walking in, breaking door, finding Vision, stealing Vision, leaving. This is conflict, that he is then reactivating Vis via siphon of "yo magic" and barrier shot was of corner with soul stone figment.

There's conflict between Agatha's interaction with Wanda end of ep 7 and start of ep 8, those scenes do not match.

That was epic.

Take a bow Elisabeth Olsen. Been low key awesome but she killed it there.

Magnifique.

I appreciate the little things. Such as Vision phasing through the walls, nice callback to Civil War :D

And opening the episode in Salem, holy sh*t.

The figure silhouette in the mind stone sequence....it had horns.....

That was Wanda is costume. She is finally getting her supersuit.

Such a great ep. Very satisfied with the explanation about the sitcoms that I mentioned last week. It gave the show so much more weight personally.

I thought using Evan Peters would have been explained but seems that was a misdirect but im not gonna let that bother me right now as we still have a ep to go.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
That was epic.

Take a bow Elisabeth Olsen. Been low key awesome but she killed it there.

That was Wanda is costume. She is finally getting her supersuit.

Such a great ep. Very satisfied with the explanation about the sitcoms that I mentioned last week. It gave the show so much more weight personally.

I thought using Evan Peters would have been explained but seems that has misdirect but im not gonna let that bother me right now as we still have a ep to go.

ahh of course. Makes sense now. When I watched it I’m so keenly anticipating some kind of reference to Mephisto that I’m willing it happen too much :D

ahh of course. Makes sense now. When I watched it I’m so keenly anticipating some kind of reference to Mephisto that I’m willing it happen too much :D

Instantly my fav scene from the entire show. Was like * yeah. So we finally see the show was to reveal who Wanda really was all along and that had powers before the experiments. Im guessing next week we find out why.

Also loved Visions line. "What is grief but love perservering"

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Instantly my fav scene from the entire show. Was like fu** yeah. So we finally see the show was to reveal who Wanda really was all along and that had powers before the experiments. Im guessing next week we find out why.

Also loved Visions line. "What is grief but love perservering"

this show is adding excellent extra layers of depth to both of them, they really do have a good chemistry with each other. Enjoyed that scene.

The establishment of her powers prior to the Hydra experiments surely is leading us to the Magneto reveal. Please. I need this.

this show is adding excellent extra layers of depth to both of them, they really do have a good chemistry with each other. Enjoyed that scene.

The establishment of her powers prior to the Hydra experiments surely is leading us to the Magneto reveal. Please. I need this.

Fassbender or McKellan? :D

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Fassbender or McKellan? :D

359067.jpg

Uh
No? Now I'm confused.
Ha.

Unless I’ve completely missed it, in ep.3 the cops say that Westview has never existed.

So I thought the wandavision hex was all a mirage in the middle of an unpopulated clearing, that has slowly drawn in souls or passersby, building a community of people under Wandas manipulation.

But tonight’s ep showed Westview to be a real town, and now I’m confused.

Ha.

Unless I’ve completely missed it, in ep.3 the cops say that Westview has never existed.

So I thought the wandavision hex was all a mirage in the middle of an unpopulated clearing, that has slowly drawn in souls or passersby, building a community of people under Wandas manipulation.

But tonight’s ep showed Westview to be a real town, and now I’m confused.
Oh, yeah, no. That's what I meant. Somehow the police forgot about it existing.

Back