FTA-TV Wandavision

Odd finale.

feel like the series was really good overall, yet the way in which it ended was a complete fail with so many pathways or plotlines that were open to them not eventuating.

I mean they had the opportunity to tease so much more, and all we really got was two things we already knew. Skrulls exist. Wanda is the Scarlet Witch.

oh, and the way in which they used Quicklsilver and ignored/closed off his likeness to the X-men universe was terrible.

meh.

Was good but not great imo. Was expecting a whole lot more. I shouldn’t feel flat after that but I do.

Did Skrulls feature in any of the movies/phases previously? I swear he looks familiar but I can’t think what from.

captain marvel?

Strong foreshadowing in the opening with Rambo.

Lol shoes. Yeah she not dead.

White Vision!!! Its a trap!!! Oh god its Oberyn martell all over again!

Great timing colourful Vision!!

What is it will villains explaining what the plan is like Hayward.

Haha Presto deliveries. Presto a la magic.

Squeaky shine, what’s that about?

Annnndddd…..family action shot!! Incredibles like

Now we got military vs Wanda vs witch.

Everyones favourite Rambeau is back!!

Love the flashback through the avengers memories

Note white visions eyes now human like. Once was blind but now he sees.

YES BECOME WHO YOU WERE BORN TO BE (in an Elrond voice)

Oh yeah she got roots

Wait the world outside is daylight as it transforms back. But its night in Wandas street

Wait where’s white vision?

Oohhh skrulll!!!

YEASSSSS!!!! ANOTHER SCENE!!!! Alaska? Canada? Wolverine??

According to Disney plus the episode was 49 mins. What happened to the hour?

Was good but not great imo. Was expecting a whole lot more. I shouldn’t feel flat after that but I do.

Did Skrulls feature in any of the movies/phases previously? I swear he looks familiar but I can’t think what from.
As PN said, Capt Marvel and also Spidey 2

Thought it was fantastic. I went in with no expectations though which maybe helped.

Yeah I dunno how I feel. After watching tried to digest it (and the Korean bbq I had for tea). Think I’m like u. Didn’t know what to expect and had nothing to base my feelings on.

There was a post her containing some YouTube clip of a hint of what was coming. Didn’t look at that or any potential spoiler or theory site.

Valentino Dmitri

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2008
69 Bosoms Lane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Rokeby GP Dancesquad
Thought that was a great show on the whole. I don’t really care for this watching an episode every week nonsense; I can’t remember half the s**t I’m supposed to. EG
with Quick Silver I didn’t have a clue who Ralph was. I looked it up this morning and said ‘oh.’

Probably missing something but
what happened to Agnes at the end? She was brought back into the TV world, but Wanda shut it down and all the other TV world people were back to their old selves?

Would have been cool to see a weirder, more chaotic ending to such a strange, original show (last episode did feel a bit like your normal Marvel film ending) but I’m pretty excited to watch the show in full again in a couple of weeks time. Really fun stuff.

i agree with pretty much everything you said. Using Evan Peters that way was a horrible decision.

The expectation they set go all they way back to Feige saying its deeply connected to Dr Strange 2.

Plus barely any Darcy in the last ep and a short line to explain her absence at the end. Plus nothing about white vision.

Yes people jumped the gun but they gotta wear some of the blame here.

Those negatives aside i did enjoy the ep for what it was for the most part.

I wonder if covid shutdown affected that ep somehow making them cut a few things short

Yep agree.

Show would have been better served with Agatha jolting Wanda's memory as a more natural lead into DS2, with Wanda pushed to breaking point and all hell breaking loose.

After sleeping on it, feel pretty let down.

Monica just there to save the kids, and that's it.

Agatha gets outsmarted by Wanda using her own knowledge......which trying to understand the show timeline occured maybe half an hour after revealing herself? Agatha deserved better IMO.

All good and well if Wanda was framed as the 'big bad' but they spent the 2nd half of the show as Wanda not being responsible.

Ignoring all the cameos, mystery threads resulting in huge payoffs which would have been cool, they really didn't commit to well thought out written ending.

What was marked as a mystery show wasn't a mystery show at all.

Filloni and Favreau seem to be the only ones who can balance fan service while serving the story.

Ignoring the middle finger to the audience with Quicksilver, they didn't commit to the death of Vision which was a major driving point of the show. Great opportunity to do some really deep dramatic writing, and they went the soft Marvel ending and couldn't commit.

Callbacks for the sake of callbacks just seems a waste of time IMO.

This review sums up my thoughts pretty closely.

Will need to re-watch in a few months and judge it on what it was and built up to be.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
I think the biggest letdown of the show is the tease of something bigger and we never really got it. What we did get was basically a transition of Wanda Maximoff into becoming the Scarlet Witch. Essentially, an origin story for her and her alone.

Trouble is, she's been around for like 6 years in the MCU so this feels a bit rip-offish. All the easter eggs that seemed to promise massive multiverse tie-ins and character introductions just fell flat. In the end, the easter eggs were literally easter eggs and no more, whereas speculation was that they'd lead to something more. I guess being literally called easter eggs is an appropriate analogy, as we've collected all these little eggs and gone, "That's it?" Like your kids would, expecting a big giant chocolate bounty after they collect all the little hidden ones, and ultimately they don't appreciate the actual chocolate eggs they have found, because they expected something more.

Sure, we had Spectum/Photon/Phasar/Whatever her name is, created. But we spent a big amount of time with her a few episodes in, only for her to be put aside for the tailend of the series and show up to use her power and then go off with the Skrulls (and assuming she'll be going to see Nick Fury).

We had Vision's arc, which was actually pretty interesting, but then that fell off the cliff with the white version just disappearing. Assuming he'll continue being Vision along the line and we're just saying goodbye to Wanda's memory of him.

One of the bigger letdowns was no real big bad reveals. It was just Agatha all along (yes, I get it) and she was kinda.... "meh". Did the whole Ghost of Christmas Past thing for an episode and then just witch fight for the last. The whole ending felt rushed and overly convenient. The McGuffin of the runes was beaten over our head (gee, who didn't see that coming with the "previously on" highlighting it). I felt like I've heard her say "only the witch who casts the runes... blah blah" a million times already (I reckon it was only 3, as my son missed the first watch we did of the previous episode, but when he watched it, it really drilled into my brain, especially the way the line was delivered).

The biggest letdown, was probably the Multiverse element not really opening up. I'm probably not alone in thinking we'd see something open up in the last episode and we'd be left with huge setups for upcoming series/films, but they really wrapped it up into a conclusive story with just a smidge of new chapters to be had. Along with no big reveals (Mephisto, Magneto, mutants, etc), they're obviously gonna slow burn the story, whereas, as fans, we want them to really cook with some gas and leaves us awestruck. The middle patch of episodes really stoked those fires. I think a big problem, for me, is the rush towards the end. We need all these character arcs wrapped up and they get a scene and that's it. While we spent the first few episodes slowly slowy establishing the world, we're ultimately left with not enough time to satisfyingly conclude so many character stories... which is a bummer.

Overall, I think the promise of the show magnifies it and it's really let down by having to end things within 9 episodes. We could have got a lot more had they been willing to perhaps accept these shows don't need to be tied in a bow, and they could have bled into the next venture, but given the climate we're in, perhaps they're not willing to take that direction and giving us a self-contained show with little tie-ins and teasers is all we're going to get.

I think the biggest letdown of the show is the tease of something bigger and we never really got it. What we did get was basically a transition of Wanda Maximoff into becoming the Scarlet Witch. Essentially, an origin story for her and her alone.

Trouble is, she's been around for like 6 years in the MCU so this feels a bit rip-offish. All the easter eggs that seemed to promise massive multiverse tie-ins and character introductions just fell flat. In the end, the easter eggs were literally easter eggs and no more, whereas speculation was that they'd lead to something more. I guess being literally called easter eggs is an appropriate analogy, as we've collected all these little eggs and gone, "That's it?" Like your kids would, expecting a big giant chocolate bounty after they collect all the little hidden ones, and ultimately they don't appreciate the actual chocolate eggs they have found, because they expected something more.

Sure, we had Spectum/Photon/Phasar/Whatever her name is, created. But we spent a big amount of time with her a few episodes in, only for her to be put aside for the tailend of the series and show up to use her power and then go off with the Skrulls (and assuming she'll be going to see Nick Fury).

We had Vision's arc, which was actually pretty interesting, but then that fell off the cliff with the white version just disappearing. Assuming he'll continue being Vision along the line and we're just saying goodbye to Wanda's memory of him.

One of the bigger letdowns was no real big bad reveals. It was just Agatha all along (yes, I get it) and she was kinda.... "meh". Did the whole Ghost of Christmas Past thing for an episode and then just witch fight for the last. The whole ending felt rushed and overly convenient. The McGuffin of the runes was beaten over our head (gee, who didn't see that coming with the "previously on" highlighting it). I felt like I've heard her say "only the witch who casts the runes... blah blah" a million times already (I reckon it was only 3, as my son missed the first watch we did of the previous episode, but when he watched it, it really drilled into my brain, especially the way the line was delivered).

The biggest letdown, was probably the Multiverse element not really opening up. I'm probably not alone in thinking we'd see something open up in the last episode and we'd be left with huge setups for upcoming series/films, but they really wrapped it up into a conclusive story with just a smidge of new chapters to be had. Along with no big reveals (Mephisto, Magneto, mutants, etc), they're obviously gonna slow burn the story, whereas, as fans, we want them to really cook with some gas and leaves us awestruck. The middle patch of episodes really stoked those fires. I think a big problem, for me, is the rush towards the end. We need all these character arcs wrapped up and they get a scene and that's it. While we spent the first few episodes slowly slowy establishing the world, we're ultimately left with not enough time to satisfyingly conclude so many character stories... which is a bummer.

Overall, I think the promise of the show magnifies it and it's really let down by having to end things within 9 episodes. We could have got a lot more had they been willing to perhaps accept these shows don't need to be tied in a bow, and they could have bled into the next venture, but given the climate we're in, perhaps they're not willing to take that direction and giving us a self-contained show with little tie-ins and teasers is all we're going to get.
Well put. The more I think about the more I am disappointed by it.

Thought that was a great show on the whole. I don’t really care for this watching an episode every week nonsense; I can’t remember half the sh*t I’m supposed to. EG
with Quick Silver I didn’t have a clue who Ralph was. I looked it up this morning and said ‘oh.’

Probably missing something but
what happened to Agnes at the end? She was brought back into the TV world, but Wanda shut it down and all the other TV world people were back to their old selves?

Would have been cool to see a weirder, more chaotic ending to such a strange, original show (last episode did feel a bit like your normal Marvel film ending) but I’m pretty excited to watch the show in full again in a couple of weeks time. Really fun stuff.

Yeah i also just looked it up and though oh right ok.

putting agnes into a spell of noisy neighbour i think was punishment, while everyone else was becoming normal again. kinda like agnes is trapped in her own body and world while the rest of the world continues on.

Loved the ending. What the show needed.

Didn’t get caught up in the “which big movie star” was showing up and was better for it.

:thumbsupemoji:

think all the which biggest movie star, multi verse chat was planned and calculated by marvel studios. They have been great in the whole setup, with cameos, stan lee appearances, credits scenes etc. They had to come up with something new and fresh. But instead of insertions in the show they decided to use something that was in front of them all along.....the internet. CLassic throw out some bait and watch the world eat it up. Gets people talking, topics trending etc.

Yep agree.

Show would have been better served with Agatha jolting Wanda's memory as a more natural lead into DS2, with Wanda pushed to breaking point and all hell breaking loose.

After sleeping on it, feel pretty let down.

Monica just there to save the kids, and that's it.

Agatha gets outsmarted by Wanda using her own knowledge......which trying to understand the show timeline occured maybe half an hour after revealing herself? Agatha deserved better IMO.

All good and well if Wanda was framed as the 'big bad' but they spent the 2nd half of the show as Wanda not being responsible.

Ignoring all the cameos, mystery threads resulting in huge payoffs which would have been cool, they really didn't commit to well thought out written ending.

What was marked as a mystery show wasn't a mystery show at all.

Filloni and Favreau seem to be the only ones who can balance fan service while serving the story.

Ignoring the middle finger to the audience with Quicksilver, they didn't commit to the death of Vision which was a major driving point of the show. Great opportunity to do some really deep dramatic writing, and they went the soft Marvel ending and couldn't commit.

Callbacks for the sake of callbacks just seems a waste of time IMO.

This review sums up my thoughts pretty closely.

Will need to re-watch in a few months and judge it on what it was and built up to be.

monica....yeah she's realised she got powers but there was no freaking out or "yeah im powerful". Just step in front of bullets and then that's it.

great write up mate.

especially
what happened to white vision

good point about the runes explanation in the "previously on". foreshadowing 101.

On a side notw, kathryn hahn. I see her as a comedian, and had trouble separating her from comedy during the show. Felt it was a bit hammed up at times, wanted more "evilness" in her. but prepared to accept that was a flaw in myself rather than her.

Well... Quicksilver was a fizzer.
Simple way to fix this woudve been for Woo to declare Ralph was the missing witness.

maybe they’re doing that in the future.

These guys have been running a podcast on wandavision and the MCU which is a good listen.

and they’re generally quite positive and glowing of the show, and although they do recognize that some potential plotlines have opened up, you can hear their disappointment in the finale, which mirrors what quiet a few here have been saying.

particularly about Ralph Bohner.

FUS_RO_DAH

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2012
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
Fremantle
great write up mate.

especially
what happened to white vision

good point about the runes explanation in the "previously on". foreshadowing 101.

On a side notw, kathryn hahn. I see her as a comedian, and had trouble separating her from comedy during the show. Felt it was a bit hammed up at times, wanted more "evilness" in her. but prepared to accept that was a flaw in myself rather than her.
I thought Kathryn Hahn was perfect casting for Agnes, (loved that character) but Agatha was pretty one-note and boring.

I more I think about it the more disappointed I am.

Though I really like the characters, if you take Monica, Jimmy and (especially) Darcy out of this show then the plot barely changes whatsoever.

I actually loved the weekly episodes of this. It's not too often we get to experience a show like that any more. Every week filled with fan theories and easter eggs and speculation. It's so much fun.

The problem however, is that they deliberately set up a HEAP of different clues and hints and barely delivered on any of them.
The Agatha reveal was the first thing to make me nervous because I really think the show expected it to be a bombshell revelation, but 90% of the viewing audiences reaction would've been "Well.. Yeah obviously."

So my first thought was "Nah nah. Suuuurely there's something else going on. There's no way its just Ag... Oh."

Anyway. For the most part, I bloody loved this show. Elizabeth Olsen's stocks have risen 1000% in my books. Incredible performance.
Glad she was finally really given something to work with here, instead of a few throwaway lines in various MCU movies.

I thought Kathryn Hahn was perfect casting for Agnes, (loved that character) but Agatha was pretty one-note and boring.

I more I think about it the more disappointed I am.

Though I really like the characters, if you take Monica, Jimmy and (especially) Darcy out of this show then the plot barely changes whatsoever.

I actually loved the weekly episodes of this. It's not too often we get to experience a show like that any more. Every week filled with fan theories and easter eggs and speculation. It's so much fun.

The problem however, is that they deliberately set up a HEAP of different clues and hints and barely delivered on any of them.
The Agatha reveal was the first thing to make me nervous because I really think the show expected it to be a bombshell revelation, but 90% of the viewing audiences reaction would've been "Well.. Yeah obviously."

So my first thought was "Nah nah. Suuuurely there's something else going on. There's no way its just Ag... Oh."

Anyway. For the most part, I bloody loved this show. Elizabeth Olsen's stocks have risen 1000% in my books. Incredible performance.
Glad she was finally really given something to work with here, instead of a few throwaway lines in various MCU movies.

Maybe the purpose of Agatha was not be be the villain but to help explain to us the viewers and Wanda how and why she did what she did.

I request elaboration

Last maybe 10 mins;

Set up Scarlet Witch.
Set up return of mind stone Vision.
Keep Agatha around to influence / impact story beats.
Keep MCU Quicksilver.
Tie up "unknowns" (Evan Peters QS, who is Dottie, what's Haywards end game)
Close Wandavision (I know my identity as a magic being moving forward)

Everyone knew House of M, everyone expected MCU ramifications of the same notes, reveal of a big bad (Nighmare, Mephisto) and then having new to fight it, and it was basically subverting it for the identity of Wanda Maximoff -> Scarlet Witch. Which is why then you had the end of read book -> hear noise (expanded perceptions) open new thread of what is reality?

Listen to Wandas explanation to Vision, match that to where Vision touches White just before he buggers off.

You are the piece of the mind stone within me -> I'm touching where the mind stone sits and it now pulses with my energy having imparted my memories in here with the memories of the body you inhabit. The restriction SWORD imputed to control.

Then you flip to potentially other realities and knock off the return of 2 infinity stones (Mind + Reality) to the world of the MCU since Wanda heard her kids who presumedly vanished with her Vision when the world rescinded, touch on a third given how Wanda created her world (Killed Vision aka her love, watched him die again, died herself, it literally poured out from her soul in constucting this space).

Transpose this against Agthas "you don't know what you have done" grovelling when Wanda assumed the Scarlet Witch "I control chaos" to how this started during her recollection, where the world created through the grief of her soul and emotive overload with her untrained magic.

It's also why I liked it, so very wrong in a few things, but it's the joy of having those guesses and then having something different? Unexpected? Others see it as safe or missing things, but it's also what, Agatha is trustworthy now is she? It's exactly 100% as described and it's all a neat bow?

Back