FTA-TV Wandavision

Remove this Banner Ad

Except it was actually a heavily armoured army vehicle that Wanda had altered. Perhaps it kept its original mass?
They even showed it convert back. Wasn't a big deal to me.
They forshadowed it in episode 4 when Monica got yeeted out of the hex, and her 70s clothing were made out of Kevlar.

This has been bugging me and I haven't seen anyone anywhere question this - where the heck has Agatha been since Salem in 1600 until now?
Never crossed my mind. I don't think it's important to know.
Not having a dig at you, but IMO, once you start asking questions like that, it just opens the flood gates to any and all questions, like why didn't they just bring in *insert superhero name here* to sort all this out?

I just came across someone on another platform bemoaning the hyperspace ram in Star Wars and getting right into the nitty gritty about how lightspeed doesn't work like that, and breaking down how it works. Over-analysing things leads down a rabbit hole that just ends up creating more questions and ruining things that don't stand up under the microscope. It then went into why they didn't just do that in the originals with the Death Star, using old ships.
I'm not interested in how hyperspace works. It was a cool scene. To me it worked.

Back to Agatha, they may address it in season 2. If they do, I'm fine with that. If they don't, it won't change how I viewed her character, or any of the episodes.

Not having a dig at you, but IMO, once you start asking questions like that, it just opens the flood gates to any and all questions, like why didn't they just bring in *insert superhero name here* to sort all this out?

I just came across someone on another platform bemoaning the hyperspace ram in Star Wars and getting right into the nitty gritty about how lightspeed doesn't work like that, and breaking down how it works. Over-analysing things leads down a rabbit hole that just ends up creating more questions and ruining things that don't stand up under the microscope. It then went into why they didn't just do that in the originals with the Death Star, using old ships.
I'm not interested in how hyperspace works. It was a cool scene. To me it worked.

Back to Agatha, they may address it in season 2. If they do, I'm fine with that. If they don't, it won't change how I viewed her character, or any of the episodes.

No offense taken, I'm just putting it out there lol. I feel this sort of question was handled when they asked Captain Marvel in Endgame where she has been all this time and she replied 'there are other planets out there that needed help etc' so it should also be applied to Agatha since she has been alive all this time.

It then opens up a few pandoras box questions like 'how did she get in the hex?', 'what has she been doing from 1600 until now - just minding her own evil business?' etc

I also didn’t take Agatha as “evil” so what she’s been doing for however long wasn’t really a question for me. Random magic stuff that didn’t concern anyone, is my guess.

I read an article today about all the red herrings and I think upon reflection with nearly a week since the finale I’m pretty disappointed with wandavision. The acting was good, the production values generally good (save for the cheap VFX in the last ep) but it really was a bunch of cheap dead end leads and not even ones we the viewers necessarily created (although there were certainly some of those).

The primary example of this (for me) was Dottie, all the “she’s the key to this town” and the colored blood etc. ultimately led to nothing. There’s plenty more of those dead end roads and it’s just lazy.

I also didn’t take Agatha as “evil” so what she’s been doing for however long wasn’t really a question for me. Random magic stuff that didn’t concern anyone, is my guess.

I read an article today about all the red herrings and I think upon reflection with nearly a week since the finale I’m pretty disappointed with wandavision. The acting was good, the production values generally good (save for the cheap VFX in the last ep) but it really was a bunch of cheap dead end leads and not even ones we the viewers necessarily created (although there were certainly some of those).

The primary example of this (for me) was Dottie, all the “she’s the key to this town” and the colored blood etc. ultimately led to nothing. There’s plenty more of those dead end roads and it’s just lazy.

I still like it, but yeah, "missed opportunities" for this series.

Rightly at the time, everyone hinged on Agnes not being identified during the whole "Ok people, here's a whiteboard with words and us saying these people are real" and there was then only one other person known who also was not identified; Dottie. You then use that character in poignant moments, as you say, the first instance of colour, being there where we have I believe, the first sort of world breaking instance. Whilst again, Agnes, is speaking "devils not just there" and your ending is; random person in town.

I mean the whole then reveal of Agatha as a witch from 400 years ago and what has she been doing since, and we see her coming into Wandas world as opposed to being in it at the beginning. What, she red herringed Dottie to Wanda as important then discarded to be all "here's your dead brother lol psych" it's unlikely that was the plan at the beginning to "pay off" so little.

I'd still rewatch it, I still like it, I mean, it's a TV show at its core, not a movie, but there's story threads of what characters say and do that just end abruptly for no apparent reason outside of "the writers thought it'd be funny".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still like it, but yeah, "missed opportunities" for this series.

Rightly at the time, everyone hinged on Agnes not being identified during the whole "Ok people, here's a whiteboard with words and us saying these people are real" and there was then only one other person known who also was not identified; Dottie. You then use that character in poignant moments, as you say, the first instance of colour, being there where we have I believe, the first sort of world breaking instance. Whilst again, Agnes, is speaking "devils not just there" and your ending is; random person in town.

I mean the whole then reveal of Agatha as a witch from 400 years ago and what has she been doing since, and we see her coming into Wandas world as opposed to being in it at the beginning. What, she red herringed Dottie to Wanda as important then discarded to be all "here's your dead brother lol psych" it's unlikely that was the plan at the beginning to "pay off" so little.

I'd still rewatch it, I still like it, I mean, it's a TV show at its core, not a movie, but there's story threads of what characters say and do that just end abruptly for no apparent reason outside of "the writers thought it'd be funny".
Ditto, I still quite liked it but there is a lot of examples of very deliberately misleading elements.

Series copped out on the themes on accepting loss and moving on with one's life. Her lover is still alive just with different memories. Her kids still exist going by the very ending. "You're the Scarlet Witch!!!" was overdone. We knew she was 6 years ago. Now she throws purple fireballs instead of red fireballs.

Last edited:
I don’t even believe they could use the word “Maximoff” in Age of Ultron, such was the complexity of the rights that were owned by Fox at the time. From memory they were just referred to by their first name or “the twins”.

So yes it was pretty clear who she and her brother were, however actually using their names is another thing altogether. For me, I really enjoyed that moment of Agatha naming her as the Scarlett Witch.

I don’t even believe they could use the word “Maximoff” in Age of Ultron, such was the complexity of the rights that were owned by Fox at the time. From memory they were just referred to by their first name or “the twins”.

So yes it was pretty clear who she and her brother were, however actually using their names is another thing altogether. For me, I really enjoyed that moment of Agatha naming her as the Scarlett Witch.

i wasnt sure, so i googled

• Maria Hill
    : Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special.

Honestly i hope more shows do it, the internet age has lead to people spending more time looking for spoilers and clues than they spend just enjoying the show.

If the shows throw people off they might just watch and enjoy it, like all the anger about the finale because people built it up so much and went looking for clues to convince themselves that something amazing would happen.

Marvel stuff to me has always been just popcorn movies they won't win awards or produce anything groundbreaking but are perfectly fun to watch, and this was exactly that.

I binged this over the last few days and really enjoyed it. I don't have much of a background with the comics so only recognised some of the "Easter egg" type things after reading through this thread and didn't know about any comments or theories so wasn't looking for any surprise cameos. I thought it was well done and worth watching which I didn't think would be the case.

One question and I may have missed something but why was the army/sword guy arrested at the end? Was it for trying to bring vision back as a sentient weapon? Because all he was really doing was trying to save the town and its people who were being terrorised by Wanda (and Agnes).

Last edited:

It's a fair question to ask especially when she's supposed to have been looking after Reed Richards kid before she comes across Wanda.

Did you miss the post credits scene in ep 8. She was in a coffin for four centuries until the lid was displaced as the horse and cart went down the bumpy track.

Cheers, I did miss that - stopped looking for post credits scenes after there were none for the first 3 or 4 EPs. Did see the ones from the final ep though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back