Wangas

Remove this Banner Ad

2001 season should be a beauty for Wangas, he knows AFL players have a limited shelf life, and that some see his 4 years at Port as potential unfulfilled.
This assessment, whilst harsh, is probably correct, and I'm sure Gav would see it that way, because he has not lived up to the lofty levels of a Brownlow medalist in his 4 years as the Power captain.
Now though, no obstructions, full steam ahead, time to show the football public that Gavin Wanganeen still has the taste for topline AFL football

------------------
Chris

(Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus)

Gavin always will be a fantastic player, when he plays, but his problem is he doesnt. Whenever he plays he is always one of our best players. He has showed his brownlow form in a couple of games at Port, and a couple spring to mind. Richmond 97 at Footy Park, Freo 98 at footy park, Collingwood at MCG in 99 are examples of that. I hope he plays 22 games next year!!!

If Wangas can stay fit for a full season Port will make the finals for sure. I think he is best suited to play in the backlines because it seems more organised when he is back there. I think Williams will also have to use him in the midfield if ever the team needs a bit of a spark there.

I consider myself lucky to have been living in Melbourne in 93 and seeing most of Essendon's games and if Wanganeen can preform half as good as he did in 93 his Brownlow year,I will be very happy.

I think Wanganeen will be more fitter this year than any in the past.

The reason for me saying this is because he is no longer captain. When he was injured there was always that urge to rush him back as quick as possible because we need to have our captain on the field.

With Primus the captain now this should ease a bit, Im sure they are always going to want to rush Wangas back as quick as possible but this should be less urgent now. Also Wangas probably felt he should get himself back as soon as possible as well because he was captain, Im sure he will do the right things in future to make sure his body is right.

Go Wangas!

------------------
Port Adelaide Forever

If Wangas can stay fit for a full season Port will make the finals for sure. I think he is best suited to play in the backlines because it seems more organised when he is back there. I think Williams will also have to use him in the midfield if ever the team needs a bit of a spark there.

I consider myself lucky to have been living in Melbourne in 93 and seeing most of Essendon's games and if Wanganeen can preform half as good as he did in 93 his Brownlow year,I will be very happy.
You were correct!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back