Wanna know why footy is garbage to watch?

Too many coaches?

• Yup.

• Nah.

• Not sure.

• JW loves S&T.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
AM-6788_Main_1024x315_a1.jpg

Fifteen people in Collingwood's coaching box. Fifteen.

How could footy not be an excessively-structured, convoluted mess with fifteen people performing the same role that for decades only required four, each desperately struggling to justify their paycheck by exerting as much control over player behavior as possible? Clubs have tried to circumvent the fixed salary cap by outspending their rivals in the coaching box, and the result is a hideous shitshow.

Last edited:

Dear OP,

I noticed you support a bottom 8 team with no chance of success for the foreseeable future. Is there a correlation between your feelings towards the game and supporting a s**t team?

Best wishes,
Non-minnow Supporter.
Dear Garbage Tier Poster,

I noticed your obsession with me and my club to the extent you seem incapable of enjoying Bay13 content unrelated to either. Is there a correlation between your feelings and your shittruck provincial club having its B2B dreams destroyed by the Hawks in 2008?

No regards whatsoever,
An infinitely better poster than you.

Dear Garbage Tier Poster,

I noticed your obsession with me and my club to the extent you seem incapable of enjoying Bay13 content unrelated to either. Is there a correlation between your feelings and your s**ttruck provincial club having its B2B dreams destroyed by the Hawks in 2008?

No regards whatsoever,
An infinitely better poster than you.

lol

The old melt/deflection combo.

You're really not taking this new reality very well.

The thing that stands out to me is that there are **** in the box, that's like taking a banana on a fishing boat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually agree.

Ban coaches for a week. Leave it up to the players and watch what happens.
Blight tried that for 1 game with Geelong back in 1993 and then everyone (media, rival coaches & fans) were up in arms questioning the validity of a coach if the players themselves could simply pick the team they thought was best.

The resulting spectacle was this.

Was an exceptional game of footy from a scoring perspective, but like religion or politics, everyone, no matter how insignificant, wants their paycheck bro.

WTF is Jack Watts loves hooters option?
Didn't the Bombres have 19 in the box and 3 on the bench last round?
What a joke!
Not sure, they once again failed to keep records

So the Pies are almost at 1 coach per player.

No wonder it’s like Chinese Whipspers down there when Nafan says “DEFEND” and big Cox goes looking for Alex Rance with the intention to “DEEP END”..

So the Pies are almost at 1 coach per player.

No wonder it’s like Chinese Whipspers down there when Nafan says “DEFEND” and big Cox goes looking for Alex Rance with the intention to “DEEP END”..
It’s become the football equivalent of Design by Committee which explains why the finished product is so bland and insipid. It’s probably also ruining this generation’s most talented players by drilling all the creativity out of them.

Imagine the resistance to change with so many mediocrities like Anthony Rocca now on the coaching gravy train.

WTF is Jack Watts loves hooters option?
Didn't the Bombres have 19 in the box and 3 on the bench last round?
What a joke!
Bombers have a coach for every player, other clubs so behind us. Pies will only 15, poor minnows. Jack watts hooter loving isn’t a joke , it’s a mental health issue.

Anthony Rocca now on the coaching gravy train.
No Shiite??

Wow, perhaps it’s a field any of us can get a gig to earn $100,000 per annum then.

Can’t wait for each player to be assigned 3 gaymeday coaches.
“When you get it, kick it”
“When you get it, handball it”
“When you might get it, don’t take possession, knock it towards the boundary”

Back