WAR CRIMES - Afghanistan * Ben Roberts Smith files an appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

19 Nov 202011.13 AEDT

Brereton report finds alleged unlawful killing of 39 people.

Justice Brereton considered in a detailed 57 allegations of incidents and issues.

Campbell says he found there to be “credible information to substantiate 23 incidents of alleged unlawful killing of 39 people by 25 Australian Special Forces personnel, predominantly from the Special Air Service Regiment”.

Link to Ben Roberts Smith defamation JUDGEMENT SUMMARY and FULL JUDGEMENT in pdf

Last edited:

I thought he'd filed for bankruptcy. The rules around that are pretty strict, if he gets any funds during the three years prior to discharge, it has to be declared.
Doesn't matter,he got pumped up as the war hero Australia needed,American style.
He got a VC!
Turns out he is a piece of s**t.
He won't be living in his car anytime soon,propably get more tatts and get gifted a Harley.

Doesn't matter,he got pumped up as the war hero Australia needed,American style.
He got a VC!
Turns out he is a piece of s**t.
He won't be living in his car anytime soon,propably get more tatts and get gifted a Harley.

I don't think we need war heroes to look up to tbh, or make them celebrities. They're soldiers and they can do terrible things they have to live with for the rest of their lives unless they're a psychopath, when they're done I think we should keep them out of the spotlight, give them what they need and let them be.

EDIT: War crimes however, of course should be prosecuted

Last edited:
I don't think we need war heroes to look up to tbh. They're soldiers and they can do terrible things they have to live with for the rest of their lives unless they're a psychopath, when they're done I think we should keep them out of the spotlight, give them what they need and let them be.
Soldiers and police choose their jobs.
When they kill people and suffer from PTSD
I don't think think that the rest of taxpayers should foot the bill.

Rot in hell Ben Roberts-Smith. A cowardly lying murderer of civilians. Strip him of his medals and put him in jail.

All gone quiet on the criminal trial front. Only one charge that will take years to come to trial because of the amount of classified info they need to deal with, and that’s even with video evidence of that accused murdering a civilian in cold blood. I wonder if the Federal prosecutors are looking at what’s required to perform a prosecution of a war criminal and thinking it’s not worth the effort.

Soldiers and police choose their jobs.
When they kill people and suffer from PTSD
I don't think think that the rest of taxpayers should foot the bill.

They should get the same Medicare, NDIS and PBS entitlements as any other member of society. If I became Australian dictator for a day the first thing I’d do is abolish the DVA and all specific government welfare to ex military members. It’s unnecessary, we have plenty of social welfare for civilians, military personnel deserve nothing extra.

... we have plenty of social welfare for civilians, military personnel deserve nothing extra.
Heheheheheh yeah fighting in the army and policing ####s is exactly the same as what you do for a living, a discounted asthma inhaler should cover it!

Last edited:
Heheheheheh yeah fighting in the army and policing ####s is exactly the same as what you do for a living, a discounted asthma inhaler should cover it!

Industries like fishing, agriculture, forestry, mining, manufacturing, construction, road transport, civil aviation, civil emergency services all have a higher death and injury rate on the job than the military. Most of the military are in non combatant roles.

If they have legitimate medical or disability needs I see no reason why this can’t be handled under the same Medicare and NDIS in which our volunteer firies, SES personnel, ambos and community service volunteers have to use. The DVA and military welfare is just over bloated bureaucracy.

Industries like fishing, agriculture, forestry, mining, manufacturing, construction, road transport, civil aviation, civil emergency services all have a higher death and injury rate on the job than the military. Most of the military are in non combatant roles.

If they have legitimate medical or disability needs I see no reason why this can’t be handled under the same Medicare and NDIS in which our volunteer firies, SES personnel, ambos and community service volunteers have to use. The DVA and military welfare is just over bloated bureaucracy.
Most jobs in mining are very safe. I don't know how it works but I hope that the welfare and services offered to ex-SAS, for example, are more generous than to the person who used to answer the phone.

Best you study the different levels of welfare afforded to ex-military personnel. Its not the bloated system you think it is

For some its like Government Workcover

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure it's being mentioned, but worth watching the documentary on Stan that takes you through the trial & the facts around his 4 murders.

Hopefully his appeal gets thrown out next year.

Further, surely he should be stripped of his VC.

No, what needs to happen is criminal charges, a criminal prosecution and imprisonment, along with all the other war criminals. Anything less would be a stain on the nation.

Yeah, of course he should be charged if it meets the criteria and it looks like it does.

Yeah, of course he should be charged if it meets the criteria and it looks like it does.
Particularly as it wasn't a once off.

4 murders & different events... so a trend in his behaviour of killing where there is no threat to his life, but more for kicks.

Not sure it's being mentioned, but worth watching the documentary on Stan that takes you through the trial & the facts around his 4 murders.

Hopefully his appeal gets thrown out next year.

Further, surely he should be stripped of his VC.

Watched it, the journos on it are absolute self indulgent f**Kwits who think they are some kind of heroes themselves. They did it for the clicks, they did it for the money and it’s the same reason stokes has been happy to pay for BRS cause it makes $$.

I’m in no way sticking up for BRS and the other SAS members involved but just couldn’t fathom how smug those journos were.

Watched it, the journos on it are absolute self indulgent f**Kwits who think they are some kind of heroes themselves. They did it for the clicks, they did it for the money and it’s the same reason stokes has been happy to pay for BRS cause it makes $$.

I’m in no way sticking up for BRS and the other SAS members involved but just couldn’t fathom how smug those journos were.
Chris Masters is one of Australia's most respected long-standing journalists... so completely disagree.

The smug one was BRS who thought he could get away with war crimes... yet instead has tarnished the reputation of the vast majority of good soldiers.

Ben Roberts-Smith begins appeal against landmark defamation loss at Federal Court in Sydney​

Appeal begins in court today. No wonder Ferraris and Lambos are so bloody expensive now!

Another chapter in Ben Roberts-Smith's long legal battle begins today

I’m not a lawyer - but the comments on the Reddit Auslaw forum are very sceptical of BRS’s points of appeal:

The advantage BRS has is he’s hired top silk Bret Walker. The guy who got Pell off. So the sim is to bury the appeals court in legalese and loopholes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back