Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a sensitive area for some. With that in mind, I'm going to remind a few posters a few things:
  • personal attacks are against forum rules. From this point, any attacks that are directed at another poster will be treated with a warning, then infractions and threadbans if it continues.
  • the spread of misinformation is also against the rules. This is taken very seriously by moderation, and you will be asked to support your opinion from time to time. If you cannot satisfy this, you will be provided an opportunity to retract your post; if you do not, you will receive an infraction and a threadban on that basis.
This is a forum for adults, and I'd appreciate you all treating each other appropriately.

There's some chance that "khuy voyna / * war" slips through the loopholes a little similarly to the green ribbons. "no war" is associated specifically with the current invasion and genocide - a statement originally made by one of the daughters of the Russian press secretary in her social media where she is an identity. "* war" is more of a general thing. You'd have to establish they were chanting this because of Russia's military involvement ... anywhere. Courts have thrown a few cases out on such grounds, despite judges fearing they will be incarcerated if they are too lenient.

The other thing is that this might not have even been known to authorities until Super received and shared the concertgoer's video. The post is 2 days old but the concert: 3. Reprisals are not gonna be that fast, and if this was a general admission event, it would be tough to track everyone down, especially when you could just say you were the one person who thought it was dumb and didn't participate. The video isn't that clear.

To be fair Kis-Kis are a s**t band. I would have yelled "* war" even without a war so that I had something interesting to do.
I think the original video when I saw it yesterday suggested the crowd was approx 5000-strong. I reckon that's a stretch but there's clearly a good turnout. It's possible the artists might not even have prompted the protest in any way. They call themselves a punk band based on Korn etc but tbh they are pretty tame.

Musicians in Russia and run-ins with the authorities in terms of the invasion of Ukraine.

Vremeni Mashina:
Andrei Makarevich performed for displaced children 7 years ago and got called a traitor for doing so. [this post]

Bi-2:
There was a massive pro-war banner in the arena when they got there, they covered it over cause its got nothing to do with their concert. The city (Omsk) then called off the concert. Omsk is where the Ratiborets was so prevalent in fascist groups that they had to have a court case to remind everyone it's pro-nazi insignia. [this post]

DDT:
Yuri Shevchuk said in a short oration to his fans that the motherland's job should not be to kiss the president's arse 24/7. He got charged with suggesting the president's arse should ever not be kissed by the motherland. [this post]

Elysium:
After performing some older anti-war tunes, with peace-oriented imagery on their stage, the FSB put them in front of the camera a few days later to make a public apology that looked not unlike a P.O.W. forced statement. [this post]

Morgenshtern:
SOTA TG Morgenshtern has just responded to being listed as a 'foreign agent' by suing the Ministry of Justice. Heh, udachi! He's already got some kind of warrant on him for having some kind of drug reference among his tattoos.
But the song that got him into trouble would have been this: [this song]
Edit: Just found out the action against him was a 100k ruble fine for cannabis-themed tattoos. [link]

Most everyone else who's stood up against the regime while still performing, is now doing it from outside Russia, such as Noize MC, Monetochka, Oxxxymiron and Zemfira: [this song]

Chicherina:
Then there's proof that female orcs do indeed exist. This beast seen colluding with the invaders to desecrate Ukrainian territory. Hope an R12 tu-lu-lands on your head. [this post]

Last edited:

While there's info about what's happening around Kharkiv worth noting, this infographic is interesting to me for its use of a stab at where Russia's supply lines specifically go. It won't be all of them, but it'll be the most arterial (if it's accurate).

From [Trukha Ukraina]

Fresh data from the Institute for the Study of War on the situation in Ukraine.
▪️According to analysts, the Russian troops have recaptured part of the positions north of Kharkov from the Armed Forces of Ukraine - including the recently liberated village of Rubizhnoye near the border with Russia.
▪️To prevent Ukrainian forces from reaching the border, the enemy put forward units of the 6th Combined Arms Army and the Baltic Fleet of the Russian Federation.
▪️The western bank of the Seversky Donets is also being strengthened to prevent the advance of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

photo_2022-05-23_17-06-16.jpg

Can we make up our minds - is he a ruthless dictator or not?

The suppression of all media who dare speak against him, the clampdown of civilians who dare protest against his shenanigans, and the assassinations of political foes who dare challenge him seem to suggest so.

Gives the blowfish Lavrov a serve on his way out.

Hopefully he stays away from high rise windows, otherwise he may find himself falling out of one courtesy of the FSB.

Interesting what he say about getting grain out of Odesa ports.
Africa needs this, so maybe Australia will have to help out with shortfall of grain to Africa.
Logistics and cost I not sure about but some travels on road over a month ago made me sure there is lots of grain in Australia that could be sent to ports in South Australia and then onto places like Africa if issues in Odesa not solved anytime soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The suppression of all media who dare speak against him, the clampdown of civilians who dare protest against his shenanigans, and the assassinations of political foes who dare challenge him seem to suggest so.
Ok but then, what with these protests in St Petersburg?
We have had 200,000-500,000 protesting here only last year against the mandates and it barely made the news.
We had police here arrest protestors, beat protestors, fire rubber bullets at them. Seems this Putin dude is a tame dictator by our own standards.
Not to mention that we have an Australian Journalist under arrest for years now - being held in England to be extradited to the UK - with no criminal charge against him.

We have had 200,000-500,000 protesting here only last year against the mandates and it barely made the news.

When did we have half a million protesting here? You must mean accumulatively over the course of the year. Or are you actually a grifter and your real name is Avi Yemeni or Real Rukshan and you're spreading bullsh!t numbers.

Barely made the news? Must have missed that all day coverage when the tradies and the professional morons took over the West Gate Bridge. Or the weekly gatherings outside Parliament house where journalists despite being continuously assaulted by protestors came back week after week to report on.

But I digress. Does a tame dictator have political rivals assassinated or imprisoned like Putin does?

We had police here arrest protestors, beat protestors, fire rubber bullets at them.
You think only the anti-mandate loons get arrested and bashed?

All the "freedumb!" crowd would have been cheering climate protesters being dragged away.

You think only the anti-mandate loons get arrested and bashed?

All the "freedumb!" crowd would have been cheering climate protesters being dragged away.

Are you really countering the reality of Daniel Andrews policing excesses during the pandemic with some alternative reality where climate protestors are dragged bashed by police? - and your punch line is that in this alternative reality - you posit that the "freedom" crowd would cheer the police bashing climate protestors?

Out with the straw man - in with ayahuasca

Interesting.
Maybe the first crack in regime outer regions.
Be interesting if can confirm it authentic.
Why three months after Feb 24 would be my question to him?

Maybe he wanted to make sure his family was safe first, or on the flip side there may be some ulterior motive as the war has dragged on? Who knows but it is a valid point you make.

The fact that Russia has stopped publishing data means they know their economy is going down the toilet. Even worse than their own initial predictions.

They can always deny any reality going forward.

I have a friend in Poland. I stated that it is great that Poland has taken in so many Ukrainian refugees. He was silent on this indicating to me that he was not so happy about it.

Australia should be pouring money into Poland to help the reported 3 million refugees. AU$100 mill at minimum. Housing and food, medical and water.

Yes helping the Ukrainian’s defend their homeland is important, but more importent in my mind is helping the people displaced by the war And the countries supporting them.

We had police here arrest protestors, beat protestors, fire rubber bullets at them.

I think that the protesters can’t count and there were only 12,000 in total. But let’s see IF you were right and what that would mean:

These protesters then went and voted for whom at our last election?
200,000 votes would be a massive swing against Labor….

The Liberal Party bean counters thought the swing was going to happen. Their talking heads said they all expected that swing to deliver multiple seats….

Instead the effect of Federal Liberal leaders criticising Dan Andrews (& extension the Victorian people); caused people to change their vote in other directions.

The funny thing about the protests was that they were the same people who always voted for Libertarian parties and there was not actual increase in groundswell of support.

Not War related and won’t post here about this again.

Last edited:
Are you really countering the reality of Daniel Andrews policing excesses during the pandemic with some alternative reality where climate protestors are dragged bashed by police? - and your punch line is that in this alternative reality - you posit that the "freedom" crowd would cheer the police bashing climate protestors?

Out with the straw man - in with ayahuasca
Hit the Dan Andrews threads, ya nufty.
This thread is about the war in Ukraine started by Putin, against the Ukrainians.
Stay on topic or piss off back to the conspiracy threads where you can knock yourself out with your brainwashed narratives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back