Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a sensitive area for some. With that in mind, I'm going to remind a few posters a few things:
  • personal attacks are against forum rules. From this point, any attacks that are directed at another poster will be treated with a warning, then infractions and threadbans if it continues.
  • the spread of misinformation is also against the rules. This is taken very seriously by moderation, and you will be asked to support your opinion from time to time. If you cannot satisfy this, you will be provided an opportunity to retract your post; if you do not, you will receive an infraction and a threadban on that basis.
This is a forum for adults, and I'd appreciate you all treating each other appropriately.

When in trouble you turn to best of the best.

As someone on another forum said "He's not going to die of a stroke 3 days after being deployed is he?"

I reckon I could hit him from here at that size !! The Ukrainians will have no trouble !!

Biden's green policies are putting a billion dollars of oil profits each month into Putins pocket. At the same time Biden is propping up the Ukraine government with a billion dollars a month. This is the first time in U.S. history it has funded both sides of a war.
Trump did a deal during covid for the Saudis to cut oil production to put a floor under the price, because the US is a high cost producer, and low prices would wipe them out.

When the world economy bounced back faster than expected and production no longer met demand, the Saudis chose to stick to Trump's deal, because it gave them nice, highly profitable prices.

The US cannot make up the shortfall because its oil sources are mostly non traditional, and as well as having a high cost, they also have a long lead time.

The right is trying to portray it as oil companies being hamstrung by Biden, but they have a large number of approvals already that they are refusing to use because
A. Nice high profitable prices, why would they spend money to cut their own profit margin.
B. Expensive long lead time to expand. Which leads to.
C. If they do spend to develop and the Saudis turn on the tap, and prices plummet, they are screwed.
D. US production is not enough to drive prices anywhere outside the US. You may have noticed prices are high here, we don't buy US oil.
E. The US isn't buying Russian oil.

So, quoting a famous saying, please explain?

US production isn't limited by Biden going green and restricting oil companies, they have bucket loads of unused licences already, why would giving them more help?

US policies aren't dictating world prices, and the US isn't buying Russian oil.

If any president has created the current situation it's Trump with his deal with the Saudis, and much as I hate Trump, at the time, not an unreasonable deal to make from a US perspective, so I cannot even fault him for it.

Biden has the same policies Obama did, and the oil industry and production was just fine then.

So, draw that line. What exactly is the link that results in Bidens green policy putting money in Putin's pocket?

Or are you just quoting memes?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

When in trouble you turn to best of the best.

As someone on another forum said "He's not going to die of a stroke 3 days after being deployed is he?"

Has he been eating too many McStPetersburgers at the new Russian knockoff Maccas?

How do you stamp official on comments. All I can say is I have multiple information resources. I suggest you get out of the anti conservative closet and just do the due diligence and fact finding yourself. I'll throw one back at you. Who do support Russia or Ukraine ?
Id suggest you look at ww2 and ford building for the german war machine whilst lend lease was smashing out stuff to england and the ussr.

I reckon I could hit him from here at that size !! The Ukrainians will have no trouble !!

Yep, as someone posted elsewhere, you don't need a HIMAR's accuracy to hit the target even if his camo will be working overtime to obscure him!

Hopefully this comes to fruition and quick.

Because otherwise those scum of the earth Russians will continue with these terrorist war crime attacks. Must have been those nazi shoppers out and about...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few days ago, the Russians were claiming to have repelled all the latest missile attacks on Snake Island. Well lo and behold, like almost everything during the wart the fcukwits were lying. They got smoked yet again. Ukrainian forces seem to be using the island for target practice at will.

There is literally no reason why the Russian need to keep sending equipment and troops there, but luckily they are dumb enough to keep on doing it.

Putin really getting his wish about destabilising NATO....

Reality also starting to hit home for the pro Russian locals who were "saved" by the Russian army. What were they really expecting?

A few days ago, the Russians were claiming to have repelled all the latest missile attacks on Snake Island. Well lo and behold, like almost everything during the wart the fcukwits were lying. They got smoked yet again. Ukrainian forces seem to be using the island for target practice at will.

There is literally no reason why the Russian need to keep sending equipment and troops there, but luckily they are dumb enough to keep on doing it.

Snake Island is key because it isn't far from Romanian territory (NATO) and allows Russia to use it as a staging base for attacks on any ships that come through the Strait of Bosphorus that are coming to help Ukraine.

They are the main reasons why Russia keeps committing so many resources to capturing the island but it seems that the Ukranians are able to smoke them every time.

Putin really getting his wish about destabilising NATO....

Reality also starting to hit home for the pro Russian locals who were "saved" by the Russian army. What were they really expecting?

It is truly amazing that there are any residents left in DPR / LPR that believe Russia actually wants to help them. They must have real tight control over the media and information coming through the internet for anyone to believe they have good intentions in Donbass.

It is truly amazing that there are any residents left in DPR / LPR that believe Russia actually wants to help them. They must have real tight control over the media and information coming through the internet for anyone to believe they have good intentions in Donbass.

Given the number of internet geniuses coming to this thread to post pro-Russian commentary whilst living in a country with actual free and unrestricted internet and media access, it shouldn't be a surprise that some people fall for it without access to unbiased information.

It seems inevitable a conflict beyond Ukraine and Russia is going to occur. I doubt that if the Russians lose, they'll retreat back to Moscow. I doubt that if they'll win, they will stay in Ukraine. Moldova and Lithuania are two nations that aren't popular with Scandinavia and most other Eastern bloc nations of interest which will fall a lot faster than Ukraine, should they not hold Russia back. I It's hard to tell if Article 5 would invoked or not because there could be a lot of fiddling around of definitions and debates about action. The world almost feels ready for another war given the rising dissatisfaction of people. In the past few days, the mainstream media has prepared us for a long fight.

And I doubt that the war will take place in one theatre, too.

That is unless Putin isn't taken out from within first.

Snake Island is key because it isn't far from Romanian territory (NATO) and allows Russia to use it as a staging base for attacks on any ships that come through the Strait of Bosphorus that are coming to help Ukraine.

They are the main reasons why Russia keeps committing so many resources to capturing the island but it seems that the Ukranians are able to smoke them every time.
Hamburger hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back