Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terra Unit, who recently relocated from Kherson region to near Bakhmut, show the test flight of a new recon drone, which was 50% fundraised via their website and youtube channel. The intro is repeated in his best attempt at English, however you can also switch on Closed Captions for more translation options, especially when the demonstration is on.

What is Terra Unit?
It's one of the units of the Ukrainian military, now stationed near Bakhmut. They work with an internationally crowdfunded profile via Youtube and other social media such as Instagram.

Best description is via their Youtube channel's 'About' section:

Ukrainian Ground Forces (Terra Ops)
Terra is a reconnaissance unit of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, a team of friends who from the first day of full-scale armed aggression of Russia took up arms and set a goal to drive the occupier from the Ukrainian land.
From the first day of the war, the unit took part in the defense of Kyiv, was in Bucha and Irpin.
After the enemy was pushed back from Kyiv, the unit was moved to the Kherson direction, where it effectively cooperates with the 28th Brigade of the Knights of the Winter Campaign and the 131st ORB.
The main profile of Terra is reconnaissance using modern technological tools, adjustment of artillery and MLRS fire.
On this channel you can see the chronicles of Terra unit's work during the repulsion of Russian aggression.
The real work of air reconnaissance in modern war.

Some images from the airstrips in both Engels (town near Saratov) and Dyagilevo (airbase in Ryazan)

There's (allegedly) blood indicating potential loss of life therefore spoilers:

There were photos of the damaged Tu-22M3. 🧐The steering part took away the significant damage, and the excess blood testifies about the injured vanushki, otherwise it is fair to say that antifreeze from the car in the comments.

photo_2022-12-06_04-31-15 (2).jpg
photo_2022-12-06_04-31-16.jpg

photo_2022-12-06_04-31-15.jpg

I remember a couple of years ago telling a Siberian friend we had 34c here on some summer day and she said (in her usual trolling fashion) that it was a coincidence because she also had 34c. When pressed she added "oh, I mean negative 34c". Seriously, what godforsaken planet allows -34c? I can't begin to comprehend it, yet they are out there walking around town with furry hats and thumbs up lol.i
I watched a video somewhere on someone in a snowstorm and had to turn if off as I could not even bare to imagine how cold it felt. Just my imagination was too much for me, let alone the real thing.

It seems like Ukraine are slowly closing in on Svatove & a flanking Kreminna. Seems like the lines of defence are
Crumbling.

Man if they take those cities before Russia take Bakhkmut (If they even do) which they have spent months on the melts will be unreal.

More on the Engels air base explosion. Was definitely a strike from the air of some kind and not an accident.

Typical response by the terrorist state of Russia and Putin to being embarrassed. A knee jerk reaction with a huge incoming missile strike on Ukraine.

Losing militarily. Lets waste limited number of missiles on non-military targets. :drunk:

It seems like Ukraine are slowly closing in on Svatove & a flanking Kreminna. Seems like the lines of defence are
Crumbling.

Man if they take those cities before Russia take Bakhkmut (If they even do) which they have spent months on the melts will be unreal.
I'm wondering about the troops on other side of river near Kherson.
I do not pay much attention to military strategies but it seems to me, Ukraine would not want to attack those Russian fortified troops over that river so at some stage if they could come around from wherever you are talking about at a later time it would be curtains for those Russian troops as they would be essentially circled and trapped.

I've not looked on bigger map where exactly these other places are in relation to Kherson, but I assume they are hundreds of kilometres away so it might have to wait for a month for what I want to see happen, assuming Ukraine can deal with the region you talking about now in coming weeks. But I sense it is a real grind in terms of movement and sadly lots of lives lost to make those gains.

Zelensky’s decision to remain in Kyiv rather than accept an evacuation offer was one of the most consequential moments in the war, the media outlet says.
Financial Times

Last edited:
Operator Starsky 🇺🇦2 hours ago
Fuel storage at the russian military airbase in Kursk is no more, obviously russian soldiers decided to smoke in the wrong area and got devoured by the Ukrainian Cotton Cutie 🥰 It is proved that smoking can kill an ordinary human being or blow a russian to pieces! ☝️
i6mCRYMsWWKrXhI-i78ooist34EgxtMW9LOHSgG4j4S8LralpLx8lbMUsDorAQdd9Mn1yIdUIKpr=s800-nd-v1

it will be interesting to see the next move. my punt:

a) completion of maintenance, completion of bombardment of comms and logistics will see an attack toward moletopol
b) putin literally defecating himself must be a sign

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting interview by this Estonian dude with a young girl that left Russia and sounds like she comes from the far east of Russia in very poor regions. It interesting to hear her story so far of how she avoided the brainwashing within Russia. I'm about twenty minutes in and need to go out and notice it looks a long interview so will be fascinated to hear more when can watch the rest later. It is especially interesting because this interviewer is from a small nation in Baltics himself that used to be part of Soviet Union so his questions would not be the typical westerner type questions.

I've not looked on bigger map where exactly these other places are in relation to Kherson, but I assume they are hundreds of kilometres away so it might have to wait for a month for what I want to see happen, assuming Ukraine can deal with the region you talking about now in coming weeks. But I sense it is a real grind in terms of movement and sadly lots of lives lost to make those gains.
At a glance, if the Ukrainian positions are NSW and the Murray River forms the Russian line with the Russians occupying Victoria, then Kremmina is about Mildura and Kherson is probably about Albury.

In other words, it's a fair old corridor (~100kms wide) that the Ukrainians would need to "de-occupy" (??) if they were to make a breakthrough at either end.

At a glance, if the Ukrainian positions are NSW and the Murray River forms the Russian line with the Russians occupying Victoria, then Kremmina is about Mildura and Kherson is probably about Albury.

In other words, it's a fair old corridor (~100kms wide) that the Ukrainians would need to "de-occupy" (??) if they were to make a breakthrough at either end.
Thanks, that gives me a better feel of distance between. Mildura is a long way from Albury so sounds a lot further than I first imagined.

Interesting interview by this Estonian dude with a young girl that left Russia and sounds like she comes from the far east of Russia in very poor regions. It interesting to hear her story so far of how she avoided the brainwashing within Russia. I'm about twenty minutes in and need to go out and notice it looks a long interview so will be fascinated to hear more when can watch the rest later. It is especially interesting because this interviewer is from a small nation in Baltics himself that used to be part of Soviet Union so his questions would not be the typical westerner type questions.

Yeah from near Khabarovsk. Now in Georgia iirc. Has a really funny skit somewhere in her channel that I'll try to find.

Edit - Found:

Just noting that the latest maps from DeepState (due for an update soon) shows that the front along the P66, which had reportedly exposed a long stretch of road to Ukrainian reach, has now reverted back to having a few km clearance. The region under UKR control, however (further back from the road) was increased somewhat.

it will be interesting to see the next move. my punt:

a) completion of maintenance, completion of bombardment of comms and logistics will see an attack toward moletopol
b) putin literally defecating himself must be a sign

Looking at things from Putin's view what do you think his objectives are in the war now?

Bombarding Ukraine with cruise missiles seems to have failed and lead to Russia condemned internationally as a state sponsor of terror. Obviously his end game is Ukraine being a puppet state again which obviously will not happen now. What do you think it would take for him to draw a line under this and pull out of Ukraine back to pre Feb 24 lines? Right now the simple facts of the matter are that Russia is losing ground, losing military equipment / troops by the bucketload and becoming more isolated from the international community every day the war continues. Even looking at things from Putin's point of view I don't see any benefit at all to Russia by continuing the war.

I was aware that Ukraine turned over its nuclear arsenal to Russia as it didn't have an effective way of maintaining nuclear weapons under this agreement but I did not know that with this treaty Ukraine also turned over 11 bomber aircraft in exchange for perpetual security from Russia / respect for Ukraine's sovereignty.

Ukraine has every right to recover those 11 bomber aircraft turned over as part of that agreement. Or destroy them.

Some strong words from Estonia's foreign minister

When the Russian trolls start talking about NATO becoming tired of this war and wanting to negotiate, they just need to listen to Estonians, Latvians and Poles (and Ukrainians) talk about the Russians. At this point, I think Poland would invade Belarus if Belarus invaded Ukraine and Latvia and Estonia would be along for the ride.

Looking at things from Putin's view what do you think his objectives are in the war now?

Bombarding Ukraine with cruise missiles seems to have failed and lead to Russia condemned internationally as a state sponsor of terror. Obviously his end game is Ukraine being a puppet state again which obviously will not happen now. What do you think it would take for him to draw a line under this and pull out of Ukraine back to pre Feb 24 lines? Right now the simple facts of the matter are that Russia is losing ground, losing military equipment / troops by the bucketload and becoming more isolated from the international community every day the war continues. Even looking at things from Putin's point of view I don't see any benefit at all to Russia by continuing the war.
I think Putins ego will never allow it. And most of his cronies wouldn't either if Putin was to die (and be replaced by one of them).

If anything I fully expect Russia to mass mobilised and risk destabilising their own population before admitting defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back