Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was it that happened in Rostov, anyone? I've found this footage but dunno the context. Smoking accident? Drone or artillery hit on a plane? It's military? All I know is that it was over RostovOD (or near airfield) and it was a couple days ago.

So many events recently it's hard to keep up.
View attachment 1698396
Claims by Russia that it was a cruise missile shot down but you can't trust anything they say.

Claims by Russia that it was a cruise missile shot down but you can't trust anything they say.
Later saw it mentioned by Dennis Davydov, who believes that missiles tend to flash and then disappear when neutralised in the night sky. The fact it could be seen all the way to the ground suggests it was a larger piece of material. Perhaps aircraft-large.

Luka critical condition after Vlad meeting:

Did he share some exotic tea?

He'd want to keep those windows in the hospital closed

If Vlad has taken out Luka it must be because he won't be his bitch anymore / doesn't want to let Belarus be used to attack Ukraine.
Belarus doesn't have the type of oil income of Russia, so sanctions and international condemnation and isolation will be really affecting them.

Belarus is also surrounded by successful democracies (other than on the Russian side), the people won't put up with this for much longer, just like the people of Ukraine didn't.

Belarus doesn't have the type of oil income of Russia, so sanctions and international condemnation and isolation will be really affecting them.

Belarus is also surrounded by successful democracies (other than on the Russian side), the people won't put up with this for much longer, just like the people of Ukraine didn't.

Russia won't be able to quell a revolution in Belarus & maintain the Ukraine invasion simultaneously.

Tokyaev not happy with Vlad/Lukashenka. Russia is going to be usurped by China as the dominating power holding influence over Kazakhstan. No woner Xi and co are happy to see Putin destroy Russia from within. He gets Central Asia and Russia becomes a client state of China.

Russia won't be able to quell a revolution in Belarus & maintain the Ukraine invasion simultaneously.
It'll be the same military/intelligence apparatus quelling the people (by quell, I mean mass-murdering), it'll just be another Russian puppet at the head. And maybe a few other potential puppets off the prior puppet.

But if the puppet doesn't suit Vlad, they're getting the Polonium, the place is too enmeshed with Russia for a popular uprising to free itself. The only way that might happen is foreign intervention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a laugh at this thread about Sergei Shoigu's chest full of medals

What happens to Kazakhstan when they leave the CSTO and don't toe the Putin line? Will Vlad launch an invasion in the north to protect Russian speaking Kazakhs?

If I were Kazakhstan I'd be signing a deal with China for protection. China imposes influence via belt and road - Vlad does it by invasions & separatism. Both are not ideal for Kazakhstan but the China option is surely the better option long term for them.

What happens to Kazakhstan when they leave the CSTO and don't toe the Putin line? Will Vlad launch an invasion in the north to protect Russian speaking Kazakhs?

If I were Kazakhstan I'd be signing a deal with China for protection. China imposes influence via belt and road - Vlad does it by invasions & separatism. Both are not ideal for Kazakhstan but the China option is surely the better option long term for them.

The EU has shown interest in engaging more with Kazakhstan. It can help the country to overcome this critical juncture by encouraging and supporting its genuine domestic transformation.
The European Union is the biggest foreign investor in Kazakhstan, accounting for almost half of the country’s total foreign direct investment. It therefore has a direct interest in closely following the developments in the country.

At the same time, however, since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the Kazakhstani government has tried to develop its relations with other partners, including China.

Kazakhstan.JPG

Taking participation awards to the extreme. Is there award in that bunch for toilet training your dog?

Storm Shadows putting in some work in shaping operations. Boggles the mind that the orcs would huddle soldiers up like that so close to the front, but I suppose that is the only way they can do it to keep an eye on them otherwise they would be deserting all over the place.

Listened to the telegraph interview with Ben Hodges this morning. Great interview, illumnating Russia's stregnths & achilles heel.

Centre of gravity concept very important. Militarily Russia's center of gravity is mass - sheer weight of numbers. Right now Russia are motivated to send huge numbers of troops & military equipment in pursuit of winning the war. If this can be severely disrupted their war will collapse.

Politically, centre of gravity is Putin. He's driving everything about this war from blatantly false propaganda to political justifications for their end goal. Right now everyone in the Duma is behind him / falls into line with this desire. But this may change in the future when eventually with no gains out of the invasion support erodes away for Putin's war (more and more of the elite are deprived of money, ability to travel worldwide etc).

Should any of these strengths of Russia be eroded in any way the war collapses. They'll be driven out of Crimea and eventually flee. Hodges in his assessment says this will be similar to the Afghan war was with the USSR - one day Putin will simply change the narrative and withdraw from Ukraine mostly to ensure he stays in power. Nukes aren't a possibility, Putin simply uses implied threats to get his way. Firing one does not help him or Russia in anyway, shape or form.

"It turns out that our air defense forces with crash course training literally squeezed out of the Patriot a capability that the Pentagon did not think was possible."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back