Certified Legendary Thread Ward is a diving disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipungwuti does it a lot, and in this very game.

Sure but he’s only near the ball three times a game. Plus he’s only had four frees for the year. Prime moving midfielders in GWS, Geelong and West Coast have been doing it game in game out for years and they’ve all been successful.

We need to improve at staging as it’s effective. We have three players in the top 100 for average frees for and two of them are Bellchambers and Phillips.

Last edited:
Lol

Are any If you actually surprised?

he was ******* joking about it in the rooms after the game For *s sake. Until the AFL and grows Some balls then they won’t get this s**t out if the game.

it’s turning into soccer

Bomber sooks
giphy.gif
*Giant fans trying to learn the rules in the Umpiring thread.

The rain softened the ground up a bit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I must see it all wrong, because I actually thought Heath Shaw should have been reported for shoulder charging Towno, but noone seemed to bat an eyelid.

I know Shaw got the ball, but he made sure he smashed Godsend too, no duty of care shown.

Have to admit I am disappointed this thread wasn't started by a Bombers fan 🤩

But seriously, I have to question why Wooaha and the Bombers players thought it was a good idea to shut up shop somewhat after getting 29 points up, which is nothing in today's footy

A win would have glossed over the cracks tjat have started to set into Essendon in recent weeks (I mean they just barely beat the winless Crows a couple of weeks ago)

Think most rational EFC fans would be concerned about the Bombers uninspiring run of form of late, rather than umpiring
And all this from a Carlton supporter!

I must see it all wrong, because I actually thought Heath Shaw should have been reported for shoulder charging Towno, but noone seemed to bat an eyelid.

I know Shaw got the ball, but he made sure he smashed Godsend too, no duty of care shown.

You saw it all wrong. Duty of care for someone running into you, are you serious.

Don't think I'd deserved a report, but it should have been a free for a high, and a certain goal. But you know, pay a s**t one the other way instead. 12 point swing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think I'd deserved a report, but it should have been a free for a high, and a certain goal. But you know, pay a sh*t one the other way instead. 12 point swing.
Both should have been play on, 2 players attacking the football equally.

I dont think Shaw took possession. He knocked it on but did bump. Will be an awkward one. Perfect for the mro chook lotto

One was high contact, the other wasn't. The Townsend one should have been a free kick, intentional or not.
Both were incidental

It's annoying I know and we copped a very raw deal but that's what it should have been.

How long until clubs get a couple of video review calls on umpiring decisions per game? I mean the goal review has gone from just eliminating the howler to 4 potato cam zooms on a fingernail & Tony Greig's old snicko machine so it's not that ridiculous.

I'm mad at the wrong person I think. Ward is a better player than that, and as has been pointed out, blokes from every team do it to some degree.

But the fact we have an umpire dumb enough to be conned by that, that's what grinds my gears.

But seriously, I have to question why Wooaha and the Bombers players thought it was a good idea to shut up shop somewhat after getting 29 points up, which is nothing in today's footy

A win would have glossed over the cracks tjat have started to set into Essendon in recent weeks (I mean they just barely beat the winless Crows a couple of weeks ago)

Think most rational EFC fans would be concerned about the Bombers uninspiring run of form of late, rather than umpiring
This coming from a bloke that supports a team that has had more number 1 draft picks than Gold Coast and are still s**t !!!!

You can discuss both separately. Us being bad =/= acceptable umpiring. Townsend was concussed in front of goal but that was play on. Ward stages for it and that's a free kick. The game is unwatchable at the moment and we always cop the rough end of the stick. Clarko is apparently the only one that can complain about umpiring though.

I'll cop a s**t performance without the umps being involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back