Warhammer 40K

Remove this Banner Ad

Played a Patrol mission.

Was good fun. Definitely enjoy the new rules, so much easier to play than 2nd edition

Going to setup a kill team nerd a thon with my mates soon.
891711fef59b27d7715c3f7b3babfaa6.jpg
daa957b762980497fb67dc85efce8172.jpg
7b10a853c4390414e4531406f022f961.jpg
3804eeb7ffbccee154fda957df0f1779.jpg
bdbe216f3dd85ec1547c0b8ec6ad0bef.jpg
7db03e9cc864a2bd2433b659a7573152.jpg

Played Kill Team last weekend with a few mates.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Played a four man game in 90 mins and with the dynamic game turns (you go, I go) in each phase, means you aren't sitting around for an hour while you opponent moves his 100 mini Ork army.

Going to start up a campaign for the summer. Good times.
3c0b7faf4dd24e693224dd2766dbed45.jpg

5fa3119ae8053db885e12eae57603500.jpg

Played Kill Team last weekend with a few mates.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Played a four man game in 90 mins and with the dynamic game turns (you go, I go) in each phase, means you aren't sitting around for an hour while you opponent moves his 100 mini Ork army.

Going to start up a campaign for the summer. Good times.
3c0b7faf4dd24e693224dd2766dbed45.jpg

5fa3119ae8053db885e12eae57603500.jpg
I’ve signed up for my local Warhammer store’s campaign. Can’t wait. I don’t play lots of 40k so it’s nice to just have a small-ish army

I’ve signed up for my local Warhammer store’s campaign. Can’t wait. I don’t play lots of 40k so it’s nice to just have a small-ish army
The simple fact you can have an entire list of only 10 models (or even less) is far more appealing to my mates who have been out of the hobby for 15 odd years since it's pretty easy to get 10 bought and painted up.

I ran an Eldar list which I got done in under a month and now I'm going to start a Harlequins list too.

Also games under 1 hour? Much much easier to organise

Also I've started using BattleScribe which for free seems super simple to create and maintain lists
And it also shows when you aren't following the correct detachment / equipment list etc. Very handy for someone like me.

Hey all!
I'm slowly starting to get my GW-groove on again, after many years of stagnation.
I bought the Kill Team starter kit and the Space Wolf box (haven't assembled yet). I've also got some old Chaos and a bit of Tau from 3rd to 4th/5th ed.

Anybody use the Gamefor app or live in the Bentleigh/Moorabbin area? Over Summer I plan on organizing the man cave so I can get some games happening.

I've also got Mantic stuff (KoW, Warpath/Deadzone, Dreadball) and WarmaHordes. Most of the Mantic stuff is still on sprue (Kickstarters!), but the WarmaHordes has seen some table.

I hear they're changing all GW stores to 'Warhammer'.

I went there on Sat as well; I was the dude with a baby strapped to my chest. I was the first to rock up just before 09:00, thinking the kids all be hanging out for the limited edition stuff. Turns out they don't like 'early' mornings. There was roughly 8-12 by the time the doors opened.

I hear they're changing all GW stores to 'Warhammer'.

I went there on Sat as well; I was the dude with a baby strapped to my chest. I was the first to rock up just before 09:00, thinking the kids all be hanging out for the limited edition stuff. Turns out they don't like 'early' mornings. There was roughly 8-12 by the time the doors opened.

haha i remember seeing you there... i was the one with a 2yr old on my hip :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#garagehammer

Kill team is definitely a good school night game. Played the same mission teice, and second time only took an hour once we got comfortable with the rule set.

If you do play suggest investing some plastic counters as it made game play alot better as we didn't have to remember what every model did. I bought a pack of 50 from China off ebay for like $3 and then just painted the tokens on.
398eba66ce32b0947e58311e47db3d4e.jpg
fa33fa49af3b60a62a814679d20396bd.jpg

Showing my age a bit here but . . .
Back around 99-00 GW in Ringwood used to run little tournament things where all you had was a squad of troops.
Having never gotten my head around any rules ed (I’ve been slowly piecing together and painting my Eldar and SOBs since that time lol) I thought if such skirmishes still existed it’d be a good place to learn a little 8th ed.
My question is then twofold
- would game stores have similar skirmishes to this?
- what sort of point/character restrictions would be placed? I can imagine a full squad of Guardians with a kitted out Warlock and 2 heavy weapons platforms with missile launchers would be frowned upon (or even worse in 7th when jetbikers were troops)

For any old players that haven't played for eons, I can't recommend Kill Team enough.

It's got all my mates back playing and we stopped back in the early 00s.

We are actually just finishing up a campaign, which we have been playing two games every second week.

#grimdark

And as a point, I've been running an eldar kill team

You could run a warlock, HWP, and about 8 gauedians no prob

The only other options after that are dire avengers and rangers. That's it.

edit : actually no warlocks in the base Kill team for eldar.

Only dire avengers , guardian defenders, storm guardians, rangers

Last edited:
Played game during the week of 40k. First time me using eldar in a full 40k game.

My eldar didn't fare to well as he did an Ork Warboss charge from on side of the table to the other and killed my avatar.

Only the days after did we realise it was an illegal move of disembarking from his trukk after it itself had advanced, then making the warboss normal move / advance / charge. You can only move from a transport is if the transport hasn't moved yet. Lol!

I also didnt know there is a 3CP strategy to bring back my avatar from been dead.

Oh well, next game.
98479a2fb4f2639424f2502a5bc8b302.jpg
7b267c37112fd8477bf66492b8e71ace.jpg
3cc323ff85c7dca599146a433cb66fdb.jpg

Last edited:
And as a point, I've been running an eldar kill team

You could run a warlock, HWP, and about 8 gauedians no prob

The only other options after that are dire avengers and rangers. That's it.

edit : actually no warlocks in the base Kill team for eldar.

Only dire avengers , guardian defenders, storm guardians, rangers

Yeah I had a read through the 14dchan pages on Kill Team games and downloaded the Battle Scribe file for it.
Seems like Eldar aren’t that crash hot (not surprising the units they’ve been given access to and the specificity of most of their units) and SOB aren’t included but still seems like fun.

*edit*
Mucking around on Battle Scribe, and also trying to remember 20 years ago; I suspect what GW Ringwood ran was a modified Kill Team/unbound game.
I’m beginning to think it was a single troop selection ~200pt limit based on certain units I vividly remember (which is only 3-4 but they’ve all come to around the 200pt mark in 8th Ed eg I played my friends Marines and had a sergeant w/bolter and power fist, a ML then 8 regular tac marines)

Last edited:
Old Kill Team used to be 40k, just with less points.

New kill team, while very similar, has completely different game mechanics the main been you move, I move, then you shoot 1, I shoot 1, etc and flesh wounds / damage is different.

That said, it's much more engaging because your not sitting around waiting for one hour while your opponent moves 150 orks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back