Warhammer 40K

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha, you always want to add more!
I've got a chaos army that I'm got to finish and like 200 space marines that I want to finish first.
There has been postings on gumtree for a while of reapers / banshees / Hawks / Scorpions that I've been resisting.

To run it better I'll need to pad the grunt options out. Another guardian squad, some dire avengers etc
Reapers are a must, just so bloody good. Rangers are another great option.

Well definitely don't buy the Avengers from GW, I'm still dirty they dropped the box to a 5 man squad and kept the price the same.

Full list was

Autarch with Wings
2 * Farseers
Warlock Conclave
Wraithlord
War Walker
Wave Serpent
Weapons Platform
2 * Guardians
Rangers
Striking Scorpions
Swooping Hawks

1500 points

(This was just an eBay buy, so there was no list construction on my behalf).

The Avatar is awesome vs anything with multiple wounds but can get tar pitted vs fodder.

First time using the full list and I didn't use it well at all. I should have just sat and unloaded everything on the Ork mob of 30 Boyz using the Scorpions / Hawks as fodder to slow there advance.

But instead I split it all out trying to get objective markers.

Also I was trying to take out his warboss / wierd boy with Mind War not knowing Orks Ld is 30 when next to a mob of 30 Boyz.

Nice eBay pick up that.

Reapers are a must, just so bloody good. Rangers are another great option.

Well definitely don't buy the Avengers from GW, I'm still dirty they dropped the box to a 5 man squad and kept the price the same.

Particularly when iirc running them in 6 man squads was popular at one stage.

48177058bdf39ed0868203c1f1754929.jpg

< FLY >

Full list was

Autarch with Wings
2 * Farseers
Warlock Conclave
Wraithlord
War Walker
Wave Serpent
Weapons Platform
2 * Guardians
Rangers
Striking Scorpions
Swooping Hawks

1500 points

(This was just an eBay buy, so there was no list construction on my behalf).

The Avatar is awesome vs anything with multiple wounds but can get tar pitted vs fodder.

First time using the full list and I didn't use it well at all. I should have just sat and unloaded everything on the Ork mob of 30 Boyz using the Scorpions / Hawks as fodder to slow there advance.

But instead I split it all out trying to get objective markers.

Also I was trying to take out his warboss / wierd boy with Mind War not knowing Orks Ld is 30 when next to a mob of 30 Boyz.

I'm not 100% sure that leadership thing is correct.
The unit of boyz is essentially fearless when there is more than 10 models in the unit, would need to check the codex to see if that carries to other units

I'm not 100% sure that leadership thing is correct.
The unit of boyz is essentially fearless when there is more than 10 models in the unit, would need to check the codex to see if that carries to other units
I asked on the Reddit competitive thread and it was indeed correct.

Basically mind war is a waste of time vs Orks

I think the ruling changed between 7th ed and 8th ed

I asked on the Reddit competitive thread and it was indeed correct.

Basically mind war is a waste of time vs Orks

I think the ruling changed between 7th ed and 8th ed

I have no idea where my ork codex is either.,

Just googled it seems it is correct

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did the harleys go?
We played twice; a basic defender vs attacker holding objectives.
I won both games. The whole 3D6 charge on Harlequins makes them easy to play. Just hide in cover and try and make charges with the flip belts (ignore terrain and models).

My mate played the wolves as attackers all in one corner and tried to blast the objectives (since the way to win was destroying them). Made it easy to just tie them all up in combat.

If it was my dreadnought, it usually dies before the 2nd turn
Well it was such a small game, I had nothing to really hurt it with so I just ignored it completely.

The Farseer almost single handed destroyed a 5 man terminator squad casting Exectionire against them.

We both find terminators a bit useless in this edition. Although we probably are still thinking they are the terminators of 2nd ed (3+ save on 2D6, so only snake eyes failed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back