Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Don’t keep us waiting; the other two?
Paul Collingwood with 83 runs and Tommy Andrews in 1926, he had 49. However Collingwood had 6 innings and so did Andrews.. so Warner is comfortably the worst. We all saw it coming yet they kept him in the team and dropped Bancroft. Interestingly he only faced 22 more balls in 6 more innings than Bancroft.

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics

carloss

Premiership Player
Sep 4, 2007
around
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday

London: David Warner is set to hold his place in the Test side for the start of the Australian summer but not even his coach Justin Langer can be certain the star opener will return to his best after his horror Ashes campaign.

Tigerssaints

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
hobart f c
he is 33 now, and is past it as an opener
his reflexes/ timing has gone
time to retire him from tests and let him play white ball
Burns would be ideal replacement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JL says Broad got in Warner's head and that Davey will be glad to fly home. So why keep picking him???
Selectors lost the plot that last test. Paine’s captaincy is a real concern, admitting that he can’t read pitches then changing his mind to bowling first at the last minute on a hunch.

All the leadership was really poor to finish the tour.

Clearly the entire squad was just so relieved to retain the Ashes after the debacle at Headingley that they celebrated bloody hard and had all checked out for the last one.

Doesn’t excuse easily avoidable stupid decisions though like persisting with Warner vs Broad.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Selectors lost the plot that last test. Paine’s captaincy is a real concern, admitting that he can’t read pitches then changing his mind to bowling first at the last minute on a hunch.

All the leadership was really poor to finish the tour.

Clearly the entire squad was just so relieved to retain the Ashes after the debacle at Headingley that they celebrated bloody hard and had all checked out for the last one.

Doesn’t excuse easily avoidable stupid decisions though like persisting with Warner vs Broad.

Agree, I think those of us who remember our great sides of the 90s and 00s find it ridiculous we were celebrating retaining the ashes without the series won.

Tigerssaints

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
hobart f c
THANKS DAVY ,
everyone blamed young Tim Paine captancy
Ben Stokes tell us in his new book

England Ashes hero Ben Stokes has revealed relentless sledging from Australian opener David Warner propelled him to the historic innings at Headingley which carried his team to victory and prevented the visitors from securing the urn in Leeds.
Stokes played an innings that had to be seen to be believed, smashing 135 not out including an improbable 76-run stand final wicket stand with English number 11 Jack Leach to carry his team to victory.
In his new book, “On Fire” Stokes said it was Warner, who returned the lowest figures of any opener in a five-match Test series, who stirred his fire as he prepared to go in and save his team.
“I had extra personal motivation due to some things that were said to me out on the field on the evening of day three when I was trying to get through to stumps. A few of the Aussies were being quite chirpy, but in particular David Warner seemed to have his heart set on disrupting me,” Stokes revealed in an extract published in England’s Daily Mirror.
“He just wouldn’t shut up for most of my time out there. I could accept it from just about any other opponent. Truly. Not from him, though.
“The changed man he was adamant he’d become, the one that hardly said boo to a goose and even went as far as claiming he had been re-nicknamed ‘Humble’ by his Australia teammates, had disappeared. Maybe his lack of form in his new guise had persuaded him that he needed to get the bull back?

we love Timmy

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
THANKS DAVY ,
everyone blamed young Tim Paine captancy
Ben Stokes tell us in his new book

England Ashes hero Ben Stokes has revealed relentless sledging from Australian opener David Warner propelled him to the historic innings at Headingley which carried his team to victory and prevented the visitors from securing the urn in Leeds.
Stokes played an innings that had to be seen to be believed, smashing 135 not out including an improbable 76-run stand final wicket stand with English number 11 Jack Leach to carry his team to victory.
In his new book, “On Fire” Stokes said it was Warner, who returned the lowest figures of any opener in a five-match Test series, who stirred his fire as he prepared to go in and save his team.
“I had extra personal motivation due to some things that were said to me out on the field on the evening of day three when I was trying to get through to stumps. A few of the Aussies were being quite chirpy, but in particular David Warner seemed to have his heart set on disrupting me,” Stokes revealed in an extract published in England’s Daily Mirror.
“He just wouldn’t shut up for most of my time out there. I could accept it from just about any other opponent. Truly. Not from him, though.
“The changed man he was adamant he’d become, the one that hardly said boo to a goose and even went as far as claiming he had been re-nicknamed ‘Humble’ by his Australia teammates, had disappeared. Maybe his lack of form in his new guise had persuaded him that he needed to get the bull back?

we love Timmy
Did Warner sledge Tim Paine into not trying to limit strike rotation?

Tigerssaints

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
hobart f c
Did Warner sledge Tim Paine into not trying to limit strike rotation?
no his vice captain . wonder boy Pat Cummins bowled short and crap to Stokes, No yorkers
Cummins froze on the big stage
see Langers report
Pat should have set his own field
read stokes book

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
no his vice captain . wonder boy Pat Cummins bowled short and crap to Stokes, No yorkers
Cummins froze on the big stage
see Langers report
Pat should have set his own field
read stokes book
Without Cummins ashes would be lost. Fact.

Back