Oct 18, 2005
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man United
Carlton Football Club
INJURY UPDATE:
Rob Warnock was taken to hospital following last night's game after suffering a knock to the head in the last minutes of the match. He has been cleared of any structural damage but is expected to remain in hospital for observation until cleared to go home.

This was taken off the facebook page about a minute ago. No mention of Judd which I guess can only be good news.

Apr 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just an update on judd via facebook:

INJURY UPDATE: Chris Judd injured his right ankle during the second quarter and returned to the game after half time and played the game out. Judd completed a recovery session at Visy Park this morning and he is expected to be available to play against Melbourne at the MCG next Friday night.

GoBlues!

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Mate, I can already see this turning into another "let's bag 206 cause he missed that goal" thread. :rolleyes:
If there's gonna be a bagging session for Warnock's missed shot then we shouldn't forget the earlier mistakes in the game that were just as costly, namely:

• Murphy's decision to kick out from the back pocket to a one on one in the corridor - result Geelong goal.
  • Duigan abusing the umpire - free kick and goal to Stokes.
  • McLean's 50m penalty - goal to Bartel.
Warnock was under duress with a knock to the head, whereas the above mistakes in hindsight were due to poor decisions by experienced players which is worse. Also, they didn't happen in the last 90 secs of game.

Kinda puts into perspective that miss from Robbie now. I was at the game, but was at the other end of the ground, and didn't realise how bad that knock he received really was.

Perhaps the coaching staff and trainers needed to make a quick decison to get him off the ground and get someone else to kick it.

Still, all the best Robbie, and hopefully we see you out there next week against Melbourne

RiCHii

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2005
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man United
Mate, I can already see this turning into another "let's bag 206 cause he missed that goal" thread. :rolleyes:
Where in the thread was Warnock getting bagged mate? I said I understand now why he missed it because he would of kicked that any day of the week and it doesn't look like anyone else is gonna bag him. Seriously taking things too seriously bud.

HeziBarecket

All Australian
Mar 8, 2009
Yeshiva
AFL Club
Carlton
If there's gonna be a bagging session for Warnock's missed shot then we shouldn't forget the earlier mistakes in the game that were just as costly, namely:

• Murphy's decision to kick out from the back pocket to a one on one in the corridor - result Geelong goal.
  • Duigan abusing the umpire - free kick and goal to Stokes.
  • McLean's 50m penalty - goal to Bartel.
Warnock was under duress with a knock to the head, whereas the above mistakes in hindsight were due to poor decisions by experienced players which is worse. Also, they didn't happen in the last 90 secs of game.

Also add in Bartell's free kick in the 2nd quarter for absolutely no reason except for the fact the umpire liked the smell of his Fructus moisturiser.

RiCHii

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2005
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man United
Also add in Bartell's free kick in the 2nd quarter for absolutely no reason except for the fact the umpire liked the smell of his Fructus moisturiser.
Not to mention Selwood being absolutely "Untouchable" Opposition supporters complain about Judd getting numerous free kicks. But that didn't decide it at the end of the night.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Where in the thread was Warnock getting bagged mate? I said I understand now why he missed it because he would of kicked that any day of the week and it doesn't look like anyone else is gonna bag him. Seriously taking things too seriously bud.

Those posts have been deleted & were in poor taste.

We now can understand why he missed the goal but that did NOT lose us the game.

Wishing Robbie all the best & hope he is OK is what this thread relates to.

RiCHii

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2005
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man United

Im sorry I didn't see these posts. Well no definatly didn't lose the game because of him because he is usually a very good kick, obviously he was affected by the knock he recieved.

Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Relax. Wasn't having a go at you Ace. It was a overall observation as to where the thread was heading.

That 50 metre penalty against Mclean was bullshit...Terrible case of the punishment not fitting the crime...Gibbs should have done better with that kick...

http://www.gameanalyser.afl.com.au/...1&eventType=pen50&seek=1393&videoQuality=high

Hear hear ... there were many such incidents exactly the same or worse after that one, and none of those got paid.

But TG, Murph should never have put Bryce in the position he did. There should be a rule for all defenders to not kick short to a contest in the defensive 50. If you're going to kick to a contest, at least make it 70 metres from goal.

Anyway, that's off topic. I saw the smack that Warnock got and it didn't look too good. I'm glad it's not as serious as it might have been.

juddsentant517

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2009
Carlton's own top 8
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Northern Bullants

This really isn't a bag on Knockers, as he is huge for our team (evidenced by us beating most teams in the clearances this year (have we lost it out of the middle this season yet?)

But at the end of the day, it did lose us the game. IMO it's pretty black and white, if he kicks it, we win, if he doesn't we lose. Other stuff would be irrelevant had he kicked the goal

Azul

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 22, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
Warnock might have kicked a goal. Simpson might not have kicked it out on the full.

Relax! The 3 teams above us on the ladder are 3 teams we've failed to beat this season. A fairly accurate reflection. If, in a pre-season prediction, someone had said we'd be in the top four after round 9, I think you'd have taken it.

Jan 16, 2005
paradise
AFL Club
Carlton
This really isn't a bag on Knockers, as he is huge for our team (evidenced by us beating most teams in the clearances this year (have we lost it out of the middle this season yet?)

But at the end of the day, it did lose us the game. IMO it's pretty black and white, if he kicks it, we win, if he doesn't we lose. Other stuff would be irrelevant had he kicked the goal

Lots of stuff would be irrelevant if he wasn't punched in the head and seeing double .....you are like the other facebook supporters..pathetic . :thumbsdown:

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Jeeze talk about reading something into nothing ..not one person had bagged Robbie before your post . :rolleyes:

I have already mentioned that those posts have been deleted that is why you can't see them BM.

If anyone wants to discuss the missed goal, do so in the match day thread & not in this thread.

Can we please stay on topic guys & wish Robbie all the best.

juddsentant517

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2009
Carlton's own top 8
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Northern Bullants
Lots of stuff would be irrelevant if he wasn't punched in the head and seeing double .....you are like the other facebook supporters..pathetic . :thumbsdown:

I take back my comment as this isn't the appropriate thread to comment on the missed goal (however Aph, if you are going to discourage it, don't make closing statements on it). I do think Robbie is a star, is huge for our team, and i wish him all the best.

However, for this forum to be open to all opinions, rather than people that see things only through rose-colored glasses, posters who attack other posters for a different opinion, labelling them 'pathetic' should be carded. I am not like other Facebook supporters, i want our team to do well.

If you disagree with my opinion, tell me why. Dissuade me with your opinion. Don't just attack me. It is amazing how people who don't think everything Carlton related is perfect are berated. This forum should be a comfortable area to discuss all things Carlton, not just for one sided supporters.

If he was injured, the trainers should have taken him off. It is someone's responsibility for missing a shot from 10 meters out.

In closing, at the end of the day, it is how Robbie reacts to that miss which will display what sort of footballer he is. Hopefully he recovers quickly and gets well soon, he is insurmountable to the team structure.

RiCHii

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2005
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man United
Just reported on MMM sports update that Robbie is still in hospital, cannot remember missing a shot on goal in the dieng minutes and is expected to miss next weeks game. In comes Hampson?

Back