Warren mundine, a running joke

Remove this Banner Ad

There's probably a good reason you haven't heard it for years. Racism is still racism when it's used by minorities.

That slur does have a place, but imo Mundine hasn't warranted it. Being a self interested poli isn't enough

How do you account for/counter the likely ideological swing to the Left that these 2 seats will cause?
That's for the people to decide. That's what a vote means.
Between Pearson and Mundine an 'ideological swing' is not guaranteed. People have different opinions, this thread itself being an example.

Mundine's officially screwed.

The Nats are running a candidate and Schultz is running as well.

ScoMo's positioning is absurd though, not sure its a great idea to label your own local party members bullies........ Good way to convince them to man polling booths for you.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-installs-warren-mundine-as-gilmore-candidate
Gives them 3 conservatives to share preferences with.
They also have Niles Christian vote

Trying to create their own protest,it might work..... unless they go each other and make them all look useless

It really does him no favours ,he has lost his "former ALP president " trolling cred status in the Murdoch Media and he wont get a job with the Libs either and if Labor wins his voice will be ignored.
He has shot himself in both feet

Gives them 3 conservatives to share preferences with.
They also have Niles Christian vote

Trying to create their own protest,it might work..... unless they go each other and make them all look useless

Schultz will go thermo-nuclear given whats happened surely?

He doesnt win if he doesnt.

Schultz will go thermo-nuclear given whats happened surely?

He doesnt win if he doesnt.
Shultz has already been outed by Sco Mo as the bully misogynist faction,that should kill his female vote you would think in a civilised society.

...............and its on

Mr Schultz - a former Australian Federal Police officer turned south coast real estate agent - said he was "gobsmacked" by Mr Morrison's assertions.

"I absolutely refute any implication that I in any way harassed or did anything untoward in regard to the Liberal candidate for Gilmore," he said in a phone interview.
"The actions of a Prime Minister making such false, baseless and unprovable lies is extraordinary.
"I demand the Prime Minister provide evidence of his allegations. I can tell you now, he has none.
If he thinks he's going to scare me into backing down, I’ve got news for him."

In a speech to Parliament last year announcing her retirement, Ms Sudmalis did not name Mr Schultz, but accused state Liberal MP Gareth Ward of "bullying, betrayal and backstabbing".
Mr Ward said those comments were an outrageous use of parliamentary privilege.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...idate-punted-for-mundine-20190123-p50t6f.html

Last edited:
Small one not on power scale. Has had issues (led to a national shortage of nuclear isotopes for medical use)
Yet it exists, operates and has done so for decades without causing any environmental hazards to the point where I'd be surprised if most Australians knew it existed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mundine's officially screwed.

The Nats are running a candidate and Schultz is running as well.

ScoMo's positioning is absurd though, not sure its a great idea to label your own local party members bullies........ Good way to convince them to man polling booths for you.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-installs-warren-mundine-as-gilmore-candidate
Especially considering how he got his own pre selection, unbelievable he could say that with a straight face, although it’s long been established he’s not a man with the highest integrity.

Well for the avoidance of doubt, nobody is proposing this for anyone other than the original inhabitants of Australia.

Only Indigenous Australians can point to a continued presence on this continent for more than 250 years.

It's sentimental nonsense. Indigenous culture should be celebrated but no person in a modern democracy should receive preferential treatment over others on the basis of how long some of their ancestors have been here.

It's racist too, when most race theories ended when the Nazis were defeated.. For any such provision a person would have to prove their Aboriginality by bloodline.

I suppose that's the difference between being ~15% of the population and being ~3% of the population.

Maybe, but I think there's something more to it. Just spitballing, but there's a certain coolness and pride in identifying with Maori values and customs that other New Zealanders can get behind. The number of people identifying as Indigenous Australian has increased as people find a grand-parent or great grand-parent that they can relate to. There's a coolness associated with it but also a propensity to claim victim status eg relative X was stolen.

Maybe, but I think there's something more to it. Just spitballing, but there's a certain coolness and pride in identifying with Maori values and customs that other New Zealanders can get behind. The number of people identifying as Indigenous Australian has increased as people find a grand-parent or great grand-parent that they can relate to. There's a coolness associated with it but also a propensity to claim victim status eg relative X was stolen.
Does your theory apply to Jews too ?

Hey right wingers.....there's your problem ^ right there

Maybe an indigenous person could call him up on the radio and accuse him of white privilege. Then he could point out to that caller he's actually indigenous and not white.

Then it could be like WOAH BAM U GOT OWNED SON USA! USA!

Are we really discarding hard evidence that Australia has handled nuclear waste correctly, safely and virtually invisibly for decades in favour of some mooted equivalence between dodgy, two-man contractors hiding asbestos on farms?

I'm no big city physicist but the stuff they use in medicine is a little different in use and scale to a big * off power plant. Power plants that industry would refuse to fund unlike renewables.

I'm no big city physicist but the stuff they use in medicine is a little different in use and scale to a big **** off power plant. Power plants that industry would refuse to fund unlike renewables.
The Australian reactor is sized equivalent to 20MW; small but not as insignificant as you're suggesting.

And the power industry would fund anything with bi-partisan support no different to anything else in the world.

This unfounded phobia of nuclear needs to stop. It's not 1980 anymore

The Australian reactor is sized equivalent to 20MW; small but not as insignificant as you're suggesting.

And the power industry would fund anything with bi-partisan support no different to anything else in the world.

I think Fukushima was 2011
iu

The fear is not unfounded. If it *s up things are ****ed for centuries. And it's not like radiography. There's no alternatives to radiography.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back