Movie Warrior

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
You can apply that logic to almost every movie you see today.

Does anyone think that the big guy in the tournament from Russia I think, looks like Buddy?

Macpotata
I think he bears a striking resemblance to old wwf wrestler Kurt angle.

Also not enough love for Jennifer Morrison in this thread. When she comes out in her pjs with the phone for Brendan, I had to keep rewinding as I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying.

And not realistic? Pfft. He had Beethoven and a big heart. What more could you need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

phantom13

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Awesome movie. Based on the bump I'm guessing someone else excitedly clicked on the warrior TV show thread thinking it was this. I did the same yesterday. Was sad but happy again now this is bumped and full of quotes.

Tommy to his dad "must be hard to find a girl that can take a punch these days".

Coach Beethoven "you popped his shoulder? Good. Now pop the other one".
Frank Grillo, lifetime fight fanatic, has a series on Netflix about combat sports around the world that is well worth a look. He’s also in a series called kingdom about an mma family/gym which is all time if you’re an mma fan.

phantom13

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think he bears a striking resemblance to old wwf wrestler Kurt angle.

Also not enough love for Jennifer Morrison in this thread. When she comes out in her pjs with the phone for Brendan, I had to keep rewinding as I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying.

And not realistic? Pfft. He had Beethoven and a big heart. What more could you need.
Kurt Angle, Nate Marquardt and Anthony Johnson look alikes everywhere in this film.

herculez09

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 1, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
West Coast
I watched this for the first time a month or so ago. I really enjoyed it but it sorta felt like it was just an adult's Never Back Down.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Frank Grillo, lifetime fight fanatic, has a series on Netflix about combat sports around the world that is well worth a look. He’s also in a series called kingdom about an mma family/gym which is all time if you’re an mma fan.
Kingdom is a sick show and Grillo's best work imo. Absolutely awesome. He evolved on many levels as he got older, as one should ( although many don't ) Brilliant work.

I wasn't aware he has a series on Netflix. I'll be binge watching that tomorrow for sure.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Cam Gigandet is a wicked campaigner in the movie. Ripped as fu**!

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Stop the Ship. Stoooooopppppp the Ship.

GO fu** YOURSELF YOU GUTLESS SON OF A BITCH!!!!!

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Nolte and Hardy are a fu**en dymanic duo in that movie. Love the diner scene

Nolte '' The devil you know, is better than the devil you don't ''
Hardy '' what ''
Nolte '' The devil you know, is better than the devil you don't....... ''
Hardy '' ooooohhhhhhhhh ''

Tommy is like wtf you on about, then yeah whatever campaigner.

You sounded like a god damn Roooooccccckkkkeeet coming through the door

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

love how Nolte locks eyes with Edgerton as the national song is on, and they nod in acknowledgement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom