Movie Warrior

Remove this Banner Ad

You can apply that logic to almost every movie you see today.

Does anyone think that the big guy in the tournament from Russia I think, looks like Buddy?

vlcsnap-2011-12-31-13h01m00s75-1470594554-800.png

Macpotata
I think he bears a striking resemblance to old wwf wrestler Kurt angle.

Also not enough love for Jennifer Morrison in this thread. When she comes out in her pjs with the phone for Brendan, I had to keep rewinding as I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying.

And not realistic? Pfft. He had Beethoven and a big heart. What more could you need.

Awesome movie. Based on the bump I'm guessing someone else excitedly clicked on the warrior TV show thread thinking it was this. I did the same yesterday. Was sad but happy again now this is bumped and full of quotes.

Tommy to his dad "must be hard to find a girl that can take a punch these days".

Coach Beethoven "you popped his shoulder? Good. Now pop the other one".

Frank Grillo, lifetime fight fanatic, has a series on Netflix about combat sports around the world that is well worth a look. He’s also in a series called kingdom about an mma family/gym which is all time if you’re an mma fan.

I think he bears a striking resemblance to old wwf wrestler Kurt angle.

Also not enough love for Jennifer Morrison in this thread. When she comes out in her pjs with the phone for Brendan, I had to keep rewinding as I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying.

And not realistic? Pfft. He had Beethoven and a big heart. What more could you need.

Kurt Angle, Nate Marquardt and Anthony Johnson look alikes everywhere in this film.

Frank Grillo, lifetime fight fanatic, has a series on Netflix about combat sports around the world that is well worth a look. He’s also in a series called kingdom about an mma family/gym which is all time if you’re an mma fan.
Kingdom is a sick show and Grillo's best work imo. Absolutely awesome. He evolved on many levels as he got older, as one should ( although many don't ) Brilliant work.

I wasn't aware he has a series on Netflix. I'll be binge watching that tomorrow for sure.

Stop the Ship. Stoooooopppppp the Ship.

GO * YOURSELF YOU GUTLESS SON OF A BITCH!!!!!

Nolte and Hardy are a *en dymanic duo in that movie. Love the diner scene

Nolte '' The devil you know, is better than the devil you don't ''
Hardy '' what ''
Nolte '' The devil you know, is better than the devil you don't....... ''
Hardy '' ooooohhhhhhhhh ''

Tommy is like wtf you on about, then yeah whatever campaigner.

You sounded like a god damn Roooooccccckkkkeeet coming through the door

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

love how Nolte locks eyes with Edgerton as the national song is on, and they nod in acknowledgement.

Last edited:
“You sounded like a god damn rocket when you came through that door!’

Youtube comment

''I love how at 2:37 Nick is still playing the sad-sack mopey loser failed father looking for penance and then at 2:43 he becomes the bull dog coach that Tommy needs despite himself. I mean that is the look of a father who would slap you upside the head for looking at him the wrong way. this movie seems simple but there are layers to the scenes like a goddamned onion. simple setting, simple premise, two great actors separated by a table. that's like the Scorsese recipe for a great scene lol ''

*en oath.

Grotto, the last comment:)

For me this was the most powerful moving scene of the entire movie. Nolte was ready to go head on with his son, almost begging his son to throw the first punch. Hardy's character was briliiant in response, iNolte's relapse is what broke his barrier against his father.

For me this was the most powerful moving scene of the entire movie. Nolte was ready to go head on with his son, almost begging his son to throw the first punch. Hardy's character was briliiant in response, iNolte's relapse is what broke his barrier against his father.

******* brilliant isn't it. Great scene, intense, brilliant powerful acting.

'' Stop the ship. Stoppppppp the ship. We'll never make it Tommy ''

:tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back