warrnambool district football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well said ...im with you on that one!!!dont have to be young to get a kick in this league...and with some of the teams going around i reckon if i was half fit i'd get a game....
The standard of footy in this district league of the last 10 years has been terrible!

Thats the dumbest thing thats been said on this forum so far, just when i thought you were starting to make some sensible comments mick. The standard of footy in the district league in the last two years at least has been outstanding. Some of the Hampden clubs are pulling their hair out because of the amount of talent in the district league who they cannot get to their club because of the amount players are getting paid in the district league. Im sorry and im sure ill have my doubters but the district league is well and truly on the way up and not too far off being at the standard hampden is at at present.

I've played both and as much as we would like to think the WDFNL is upto HFNL it's not. The speed & skill of HFL at the top level compared to that of us is not even close!!

I've played both and as much as we would like to think the WDFNL is upto HFNL it's not. The speed & skill of HFL at the top level compared to that of us is not even close!!

I have said this before but it's not rocket science to no hampden is better and always will be its just they way it is....but to say they gap is not getting smaller is a load of crap...most district coaches are from hampden clubs and are changing the style of play in the district league to be more like the hampden...a few examples that the gap is changin is nearly all hampden clubs have quiet a few previous district league players who walked straight into that hampden side..examples mclean and templeton to koroit 3 moloney boys to terang from kolora noorat quiet a few south kids in the ones are previous district kids cobden have cunnington.....and a prime example this yr is kelly that went to merrivale from port ended up gettin dropped for the first final!!!! wat does that tell every1??????? the gap is getting smaller!

Thats the dumbest thing thats been said on this forum so far, just when i thought you were starting to make some sensible comments mick. The standard of footy in the district league in the last two years at least has been outstanding. Some of the Hampden clubs are pulling their hair out because of the amount of talent in the district league who they cannot get to their club because of the amount players are getting paid in the district league. Im sorry and im sure ill have my doubters but the district league is well and truly on the way up and not too far off being at the standard hampden is at at present.

There is no doubt at all that the district league is improving. although when you watch both styles of footy you can see an obvious difference in the overall fitness and skill level or the hampden players. The district league is improving dont get me wrong, but if you wanna improve your footy as a young bloke, head to hampden. Totally agree with the style of footy changing in the district league, some hampden players might struggle with the hardness of the footy. prefer a free flowing game myself.

gee...whats the use of this forum if you cant have an opinion...anyway this weekend will see the power win and panmure beat merrivale. Hey what about some of the teams of the 90's. Theyd easily beat the teams like power and timboon...the standard these days is nothing compared to the merrivales and creeks and collegians in the last 15 years. What about east in 95 winning a granny by 25 goals. These teams would kill the current teams..............

gee...whats the use of this forum if you cant have an opinion...anyway this weekend will see the power win and panmure beat merrivale. Hey what about some of the teams of the 90's. Theyd easily beat the teams like power and timboon...the standard these days is nothing compared to the merrivales and creeks and collegians in the last 15 years. What about east in 95 winning a granny by 25 goals. These teams would kill the current teams..............

I think your onto to something there. We forget how good some of these teams were. (Members) made a comment about all these players going and playing well in HFL, and he is right. They are playing great football in HFL but that has been happening for years.

Teams of the 90's were obviously very good sides but its hard to compare them because lets be honest most of them blokes would struggle with the fitness level of current players....having a smoke at half time as alot of them did would not be right in todays football...so comparing differnent brands of football is tough....im not saying either is better but i dont believe you can compare them either

well timboon choked .........no excuses and before anyone comes up with any excuses remember ..timboon were beaten. When a team loses its because they arent good enough and in this case timboon are NOT good enough and there are NO excuses...go power!! yippee

well timboon choked .........no excuses and before anyone comes up with any excuses remember ..timboon were beaten. When a team loses its because they arent good enough and in this case timboon are NOT good enough and there are NO excuses...go power!! yippee

It's not a choke if they lose to the team that was supposed to win, ya daft flog. It's the expected result. They may still get to the GF, and if they lost again, it still would not be a choke. If the Power were to lose to whoever plays them in the GF, that WOULD be a choke.

You will win no respect when you come on here acting like a gloating dumbass either.

I did not see the game, but obviously Kolora were the better side, well done. Hopefully Timboon gets another shot at them in the GF.

It's not a choke if they lose to the team that was supposed to win, ya daft flog. It's the expected result. They may still get to the GF, and if they lost again, it still would not be a choke. If the Power were to lose to whoever plays them in the GF, that WOULD be a choke.

You will win no respect when you come on here acting like a gloating dumbass either.

I did not see the game, but obviously Kolora were the better side, well done. Hopefully Timboon gets another shot at them in the GF.

well said, and to magpiemick i think i speak for everyone when i say you are a dead set tosser with no idea, get off this website cause ive had a gutfull of your w***er comments.

ps no im not a Timboon supporter before you accuse me of sour grapes.

I dont no what you boys think choke is but to be winning by 18 points with about 7 minutes to go and then loosing resembles a bit of a choke....but full credit to the power the showed they have some guts.....i think that was timboons best chance of beating them on a smaller deck but they just got pipped....was a good finals game tho...skills were not the best but we all love the close ones!! be really intersting to see how timboon bounce back from that loss now cause it was a heartbreakin loss!

I dont no what you boys think choke is but to be winning by 18 points with about 7 minutes to go and then loosing resembles a bit of a choke....but full credit to the power the showed they have some guts.....i think that was timboons best chance of beating them on a smaller deck but they just got pipped....was a good finals game tho...skills were not the best but we all love the close ones!! be really intersting to see how timboon bounce back from that loss now cause it was a heartbreakin loss!

Ok then, if that was the case and they were 18 up. Then Mick is still wrong that Timboon Are Not Good Enough. Obviously they were good enough then to be 18 up with 7 to go.

Ok then, if that was the case and they were 18 up. Then Mick is still wrong that Timboon Are Not Good Enough. Obviously they were good enough then to be 18 up with 7 to go.

just like last years grand final timboon do something they will regret. like those coments made at quarter time in the gf last year ( smelling the premiership ) hickey celebrated like he just sealed the premiershp giving the bird to the power suppoeters!! what a wanka!! where was he when the going got tough in the next 7 minutes of play. no where to be seen!! probably trying to hide. when will they learn its not over til the final siren!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it seems as always you people wouold prefer to spend the next week arguing about each others inadaquecies and lack of compassion for a team who gave their all (timboon) and lack of support for a team who fought back to win (power). The merrivale/panmure game was as expected...a dismal display by merrivale, but a great show of strength by panmure. How about we discuss injuries concerns to panmure and timboon and look at the upcoming game and try to see who will win it and why....?

hey you clowns.......if a team is 16 points up with only minutes left and you still get beaten then thats a choke!! what else would it be?? for god sake accept that i have opinions about it too, and if you dont like it well stick it you know where. Maybe those who have trouble accepting it should get off here because i certainly wont. Well i did say the demons would play panmure at the friendlies.....there are 3 teams left and they are all from out of warrnambool!! Suppose it puts to death the arguement that the league and the umps dont like out of town teams!!

Stories have it that panmure dont like the friendlies and with timboon already playing there last week you would think timboon would start favourite. Panmure are on a roll and with an injury to wagstaff the game is really a toss of the coin...anyone know who they think would be favourite this week?...i think timboon can stop panmures running game on such a small ground!!

i would have thought that the friendlies would suit panmure more so then the big ground considering they have a few older slower sort of players. i was surprised with there last two weeks winning on the big ground. its a very hard game to pick this week. panmure had a relatively easy game on the weekend, well compared to timboons game anyway so that could be a factor.!

i would have thought that the friendlies would suit panmure more so then the big ground considering they have a few older slower sort of players. i was surprised with there last two weeks winning on the big ground. its a very hard game to pick this week. panmure had a relatively easy game on the weekend, well compared to timboons game anyway so that could be a factor.!
I would agree with that Panmure you think would be suited to the smaller ground. The match ups will be great to see?? And how is wagstaff? Will the older Panmure players be able to handle another big game?

I would agree with that Panmure you think would be suited to the smaller ground. The match ups will be great to see?? And how is wagstaff? Will the older Panmure players be able to handle another big game?

I would have agreed with the smaller ground being good for panmure theory a couple of weeks ago but after seeing them play on the reid and dismantle merrivale in the open spaces i dont think the ground size will make a difference. timboon will have a big job on their hands if their to win no matter where it is. wagstaff will play regardless is my tip, has carried injuries for 8-10 weeks is the word so cant see it stoppin now. Who panmure play on bienke will be a big key and also who timboon put on schrama will be an interesting one. Is lilttle's knee buggered anyone know?

Several players at Panmure playing with injury but it finals time!!! Beware the wounded dog
im sure the 3 teams that are left all have injury and selection problems in 1 form or another but the standout has to be Littles knee. On sunday he couldnt run and he may be exposed this week. This is what they all play for and the big names players would be carried through at this time of year. Prelim is really a flip of the coin and i wont be surprised either way who wins. The grand final next week will be between 2 out of town clubs and a fine day weather wise will see all sorts of records broken.ie crowd/gate etc...

im sure the 3 teams that are left all have injury and selection problems in 1 form or another but the standout has to be Littles knee. On sunday he couldnt run and he may be exposed this week. This is what they all play for and the big names players would be carried through at this time of year. Prelim is really a flip of the coin and i wont be surprised either way who wins. The grand final next week will be between 2 out of town clubs and a fine day weather wise will see all sorts of records broken.ie crowd/gate etc...

Well done to Timboon yesterday i think the better team proved themselves against many doubters. Lets hope for a close GF next weekend and good luck to both clubs, my tip for best on ground is Nick Thompson he has GF experience aplenty and was fantastic in last years GF until a well coached Rover tagged him out of the game.

Well done to Timboon yesterday i think the better team proved themselves against many doubters. Lets hope for a close GF next weekend and good luck to both clubs, my tip for best on ground is Nick Thompson he has GF experience aplenty and was fantastic in last years GF until a well coached Rover tagged him out of the game.

Did Clint Wagstaff get up to play this weekend?

Tagged out of the game? Three off the ball hits by someone coming off half back screwed him up and he never recovered. Rovers coaching was good yes but not the reason for his poor second half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back