Warrnambool

Remove this Banner Ad

Heading to the 'Bool this week for the carnival. First time i've been, really looking forward to it. We've signed up as members (worked out same price as buying tickets each day).

Anyone else here been there in previous years? Any tips? Best pubs etc.?

Been their plenty of times in my Hamilton & Pt Fairy days. Just an amazing 3 days. Warm coat and Berocca prerequisites.

If you like the jumps there's a lot of different vantage points away from the main stand you can watch, reckon it's worth watching a couple of races over near Brierly Paddock. Good quality racing and plenty of city winners in the weeks following so take the black book. Strong ring.

Not sure if it's still the case but they used to have the W/Bool Cup and Classic at the greys on the Weds night, and a strong Terang trots meeting on the Tues night (40km, will need a designated driver). 30 pubs to choose from, plenty with a great atmosphere as thousands will be doing what you are.

Nice golf course if you want something to do in the mornings, very windy most days. If you have a bit of time head back along the Ocean road.

No matter which way you cut it you'll have a great week

Heading to the 'Bool this week for the carnival. First time i've been, really looking forward to it. We've signed up as members (worked out same price as buying tickets each day).

Make sure for the grand annual steeple you watch from the top of the hill. Walk up there about 15 or 20 mins before the race to get a good spot, amazing view and the only way to really watch the race.

Great few days. First year I'm missing for ages. Warnambool Hotel is nice - you won't get a dinner booking but having a drink at the bar allows you to soak up the atmosphere of the week.

Tips - back Weir and Smerdon. Pay particular attention to Weir's second horse in betting. Sly bastard.

Awesome, thanks for the tips lads - we're on our way to the track now stubby in hand.

Yeah there's the greyhounds on tomorrow night with a couple of bands playing etc. See how it all pans out.

All over a couple of Smerdons early on, races 2 & 3

Love the bool, I remember last time I went was suppose to be the "last one" Was a great few days, although cost me a small fortune.
Tuesday, early breakky and Beer followed by doing my dosh, then it was the grays that night if i remember, did my dosh again (did jag a quadd tho)
Followed by 2 more days of a booze up, the thing I remember the most was Being on a Gai Horse and Nash being an absolute campaigner somehow butching the ride :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the bool, I remember last time I went was suppose to be the "last one" Was a great few days, although cost me a small fortune.
Tuesday, early breakky and Beer followed by doing my dosh, then it was the grays that night if i remember, did my dosh again (did jag a quadd tho)
Followed by 2 more days of a booze up, the thing I remember the most was Being on a Gai Horse and Nash being an absolute campaigner somehow butching the ride :mad:
Definitely want to go but always something (usually a work commitment ) pops up. I like the idea of a racing carnival for punters not once a year sideshow types

Text one the owners of Turn it Around how is it going to go?

My mate well he was replies the heavy track is the concern they might scratch it if it runs it will be short

Wins easy pays 5s what a ******* idiot

Less interest for me today - was keen on Tycoon Tara in the Wangoom who looked really over the odds but it's been scratched. Think the market is pretty much spot on now. Would be keen Stellar Collision but he is actually not in that well given the super compressed weights scale. Maybe the Tassie horse is the one over the odds now?

Only bet will be Ginger Boy if he gets to black figures in the Galleywood.

Less interest for me today - was keen on Tycoon Tara in the Wangoom who looked really over the odds but it's been scratched. Think the market is pretty much spot on now. Would be keen Stellar Collision but he is actually not in that well given the super compressed weights scale. Maybe the Tassie horse is the one over the odds now?

Have to wonder how chopped up the track would be, probably wouldn't hurt to stay away.

Tough day. Pretty confident the 9th though is a two horse race between Landslide and Fellspur. Will work some doubles around them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back