Was BBL 7 rigged?

Remove this Banner Ad

Except JL said the MOU signed by clubs and players stated that players couldn't play two games in a row. Anyone who played on Saturday was ineligible by CA's own rules from playing on Sunday. Also, why wasn't Stanlake allowed to play while the others were?

I explicitly stated there was no conspiracy, each semi and the final was played on equal terms. But it's inconsistent as hell.

Clearly both players and CA are happy to play back to back games and been stated already that Stanlake being an injury prone bowler is a different case.

Clearly both players and CA are happy to play back to back games and been stated already that Stanlake being an injury prone bowler is a different case.
Except not the other way round (Friday to Saturday vs Saturday to Sunday). I know the reasons given, they are just inconsistent. Hopefully they schedule things better next year and we don't have to deal with this rubbish.

Except not the other way round (Friday to Saturday vs Saturday to Sunday). I know the reasons given, they are just inconsistent. Hopefully they schedule things better next year and we don't have to deal with this rubbish.

They did what they could to get the best players out there for the final. I can’t see how anybody would have an issue with this?

You’d think there won’t be the same scheduling issues next year.

Because national games take precedence as they've said before. They wouldn't want someone playing a domestic game and risking injury/fatigue the day before an Aus game, but they're more willing to have batsmen play the day after an Aus game.

Because national games take precedence as they've said before. They wouldn't want someone playing a domestic game and risking injury/fatigue the day before an Aus game, but they're more willing to have batsmen play the day after an Aus game.
They are clearly justifications made after the fact. Players aren't allowed to play on consecutive days, unless they are, but not if the Australia game comes second, and not bowlers. Clear as mud.

I feel like I have to keep reiterating that it's not a conspiracy and I'm not undermining the Strikers win. I was going for them on Friday and Sunday, and if anything, the Strikers suffered more than the Canes by missing Stanlake and Rashid. But CA needs to get its s**t together. It's like they have finally realised more people care about the BBL final than a random international T20 and they need to schedule things so the best players are available as often as possible.

They are clearly justifications made after the fact. Players aren't allowed to play on consecutive days, unless they are, but not if the Australia game comes second, and not bowlers. Clear as mud.

I feel like I have to keep reiterating that it's not a conspiracy and I'm not undermining the Strikers win. I was going for them on Friday and Sunday, and if anything, the Strikers suffered more than the Canes by missing Stanlake and Rashid. But CA needs to get its s**t together. It's like they have finally realised more people care about the BBL final than a random international T20 and they need to schedule things so the best players are available as often as possible.
I agree with you.

They have to sort this out to give the competition rigor and legitimacy. It's not hit and giggle anymore. It's the key part of the Australian summer.

I think everyone apart from CA realises that the simple solution is to not schedule an international T20 series at the same time as the BBL Finals. I don't understand how CA didn't realise how popular the BBL was until now. It's been hugely popular the last few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back