Was Ian Collins really wrong for citing Chris Grant and his strike on Nick Holland in 97 ?

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond

So sick of Bulldogs fans/players and indeed Chris Grant himself complaning about being hard done by. It's easy to say in hindsight, but the slow motion footage clearly shows that Grant hit the man, not the ball.

The fact the original tribunal panel (at that time) let that incident fly (possibly because C.Grant was regarded as a major Brownlow fancy at the time ) was disgraceful, and I cannot fault Ian Collins for appealing the decision), the Chas Brownlow medal is (and should forever should be) awarded for the Fairest and Best Player in the league.

Personally I have always felt Corey McKernan was screwed out of a Brownlow far more on 1996 for a non illegible offence anymore.

The ongoing bitterness of Chris Grant and refusal to accept responsibility over what he did has always sadly diminished me in the eyes of a neutral supporter who always thought he is a bona champion of the game.

Need to honestly ask yourself if grant was say Kouta, would Collins have done the same thing?

Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
ive made my thoughts known about the conduct of a certain pos administrator from Carlton many times in different threads...all i'll say is Karma's a sl*t
and boy do Carlton continue get theyres based on efforts such as this one in 1997....what a grub of a person n club

Ay, we dont like the campaigner either. Thanks to him we stopped playing home games at Princes Park :mad:

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
ive made my thoughts known about the conduct of a certain pos administrator from Carlton many times in different threads...all i'll say is Karma's a sl*t
and boy do Carlton continue get theyres based on efforts such as this one in 1997....what a grub of a person n club
Carlton had nothing to do with it, what a stupid post.

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
He is hard done by because suspended players shouldn't be ineligible for the Brownlow. The fact he can't earn any brownlow points during the games he is suspended is punishment enough.

Chris Grant is a brownlow medalist in my eyes.

But that is the very definition of the Brownlow. 'Fairest and Best'. If you commit an act that results in a suspension, you can't be eligible.

You are quite entitled to say he was the Best Player of 1997 - but he cannot be regarded as a Brownlow Medallist.

Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
But that is the very definition of the Brownlow. 'Fairest and Best'. If you commit an act that results in a suspension, you can't be eligible.

You are quite entitled to say he was the Best Player of 1997 - but he cannot be regarded as a Brownlow Medallist.

He wasnt reported on the day and was cleared by the MRP. Tribunal shouldve factored that into their decision. It was a stitch up

Niggles

custom title:
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Irrelevant, nonsensical ramble
Translation = Melbourne football club. It relates as it was the same scenario of some idiot trying to big note himself to gain attention. In fact very similar to what you have poorly attempted and failed to do. :$

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A bit of the path but more so another example of AFL tribunal incompetence. What about that incident last year when Dusty copped a 2 week ban over an elbow to GWS' Adam Kennedy, for what that incompetent Cristian called 'the potential to cause injury'. What a load of sh*t and it was rightfully downgraded to 1 week, but that 'potential' crap was just that. A made up rule that has never been mentioned in any case before or since. Michael Cristian should be rightfully unemployed next year. Who pulls his strings. That other incompetent fool Hocking? Such a joke of a position. What was Ian Collins position at the time of Grants issue? Was it more like the Bachar Houli crackdown after he got let off far too lightly initially until someone??? appealed

Huh?

Potential to cause injury has been written into the MRP/MRO for years...

Ridiculous rule maybe you can argue, but absolutely not a made up rule.

FLYING DEES

Debutant
Feb 16, 2011
cheltenham
AFL Club
Melbourne
Translation = Melbourne football club. It relates as it was the same scenario of some idiot trying to big note himself to gain attention. In fact very similar to what you have poorly attempted and failed to do. :$
So basically you've tried to make a post about a Western Bulldogs player into one about Richmond. And you've served it up as one big mess. Not all about you or Richmond champ.

Back