Was in USA ..movies less than 10 bucks a go

Remove this Banner Ad

Staffi

Debutant
Jul 27, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Was in USA recently and saw plenty of movies for under ten bucks..sometimes 5 bucks or less
usher guy almost fainted at one when i said movies up to 20 bucks a go and gold class twice as much he couldnt believe it.. i cant ever pay the prices they charge in this country again after that

The cinema culture in a lot of the world is very different though. The amount of options in somewhere like New York is incredible. Obviously it's a huge population, but the art house (actual art house), foreign and classics range is just unheard of here. I've been to Palm Springs and even the cinemas there were showing some pretty obscure stuff.

Unfortunately here the same cinema chains show the same movies at exorbitant prices. It's a shame.

Was in USA recently and saw plenty of movies for under ten bucks..sometimes 5 bucks or less
usher guy almost fainted at one when i said movies up to 20 bucks a go and gold class twice as much he couldnt believe it.. i cant ever pay the prices they charge in this country again after that
$10 US is like $14 AUD, and Telstra customers, cheap Tuesday deals can get tix at that price.

It's the food that is extortion though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was Florida 2 years ago and they were selling tickets to a movie for $1.

It was one of those movie theatre in a shopping mall. Yet, it was still empty.

You can find movies for under $10 here. They're about $12 at the Astor. Village and Hoyts are quote expensive, sure, but there are discounts on Tuesdays.

My mum grew up in New York and she carries on and on about how much cheaper movies were there. I looked up ticket prices at an AMC theatre in New York and the prices round up to about the same. Bigger theatres, more expensive. Smaller theatre, less expensive. It's the same everywhere.

Couple years back when I was in Qld, some local chain had $6 tickets.

My local Hoyts and Reading only charge $10.

Palace was $7 on a Monday last I went but you could get stuck in one of their shitty lounge room size cinemas...

I always like the fact that I can go to a matinee session in the States for $US6, whereas when I go to a movie when I am in Australia, whether it is 10am or 9pm, it costs the same (currently $A21 at Village or Hoyts). I wish the Aussie cinemas would introduce matinee prices for movies starting before 4pm.

I always like the fact that I can go to a matinee session in the States for $US6, whereas when I go to a movie when I am in Australia, whether it is 10am or 9pm, it costs the same (currently $A21 at Village or Hoyts). I wish the Aussie cinemas would introduce matinee prices for movies starting before 4pm.
Football tried to introduce varied prices based on popularity and the media and bogan fans went bonkers. If they introduced the same concept here in regards to cinemas the public would get just as angry.

$21 for standard tickets (increase for gold class, VMax etc) is a lot and granted they are cheaper on Tuesday but then factor in online booking fees, parking (for some cinemas) and its not affordable for a lot of people.

Was in Singapore a few years back and saw Man of Steel, tickets were about $6 Aus the cinema was clean and everyone was quiet and respectful you could bring in your own food too, was bliss.

$21 for standard tickets (increase for gold class, VMax etc) is a lot and granted they are cheaper on Tuesday but then factor in online booking fees, parking (for some cinemas) and its not affordable for a lot of people.

Was in Singapore a few years back and saw Man of Steel, tickets were about $6 Aus the cinema was clean and everyone was quiet and respectful you could bring in your own food too, was bliss.
How much do you reckon the workers are on compared to cinema workers here though?

We want higher wages but don't wanna pay more for stuff to compensate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back