Was this the most clutch piece of candy sold in the afl era?

Remove this Banner Ad

This was my first thought from a Collingwood perspective. Mummy seemed to have an eternity and when I saw Pendles come in I just waited for the tackle. For the slightest moment I was sure he'd get done HTB, but the tackle never came. I sat there stunned as Mummy got a kick away.

given the context of the match / the players involved, it truly was an amazing peice of candy and super clutch

Maybe it would've been clearer if I'd typed this...

Pendlebury's basketball background coming to the fore on that bit of play (he said with a heavy dose of irony..) Pendles went for the steal instead of tackling Mumford. Pretty weak effort. He could've won a free kick for HTB or forced a turnover for one of his teammates to pounce on.

Irrespective of commentary cliches, it was an interesting choice by Pendles not to tackle Mumford, but to try and steal the ball. It was a bit of a nothing effort. I wouldn't even comment about it if it was a normal game, but trailing by 4 points with a minute remaining in a Prelim Final... What was he thinking?!? It had to be his basketball, ball-playing instincts. I suppose he would've been as shocked as everyone else that Mumford had the werewithal not to rush his kick, but step back inside. He'd want to play it differently if he had his time again.

Yeah, his innate basketball skills failed him on this occasion.

Maybe Mummy himself has a basketball background being the giant he is.

Maybe Scott underestimated the big fella and didn’t think he was that quick with the reflexes.

He’ll have the rest of his life to ponder the moment.

Sliding doors and all that...

Yeah, his innate basketball skills failed him on this occasion.

Maybe Mummy himself has a basketball background being the giant he is.

Maybe Scott underestimated the big fella and didn’t think he was that quick with the reflexes.

He’ll have the rest of his life to ponder the moment.

Sliding doors and all that...
Strong from you SHOIIIINE

Awesome footy

The importance of the play, the quality of opposition, the pressure he was under all week re fitness, being a ruckman and selling candy

That’s a quality player, owning responsibility and not panicking.

Amazing

This was my first thought from a Collingwood perspective. Mummy seemed to have an eternity and when I saw Pendles come in I just waited for the tackle. For the slightest moment I was sure he'd get done HTB, but the tackle never came. I sat there stunned as Mummy got a kick away.

For a captain to do that with the game on the line

Sorry but that's unacceptable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendlebury's basketball background coming to the fore on that bit of play. He went for the steal instead of tackling Mumford. Pretty weak effort. He could've won a free kick for HTB or forced a turnover for one of his teammates to pounce on.

THIS

can't work out why Pendles didn't just wrap him up

Honestly don't even remember this - should open his own lolly shop after the GOAT candy sell in history.

To be honest the only thing I remember from the last few minutes is Grundy tapping the ball straight down at his feat EVERY.....FREAKING....TIME - why didn't he try and smash one back into the corridor!?

Regardless of what BT says, it's called selling the dummy. We've called it that for over 100 years. It doesn't even make sense to talk about 'candy' when we don't use that word here - we call them lollies.

Will an outraged minority jump on this and have 'Fairy Floss' outlawed and we have to say 'Cotton Candy'?
Happy holidays.

Extra points because it made a smart footballer in Pendles, look stupid.

He had a DE of 37%, gave away more free kicks than anyone on the ground, his opponent had 73 hit outs, and he looked cooked for most of the day, like the game had past him by. But Mummy's last quarter, particularly the last 15 minutes where he just willed himself from contest to contest and made the right decisions, was a factor in them winning the game.

Will be huge for them this week, along with Shaw, the only premiership players on their list.

Grundy 73 hitouts yet collingwood smashed in the clearances.......ruckmen overated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back