bendigo

Debutant
Sep 7, 2005
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
St.Arnaud
Ugliest NFL Footballer

The recent post regarding Redskins long-snapper Ethan Albright posed the question to me. Is there an uglier footballer in the NFL? It is fair to say that most lineman don't have much of a chance considering most of them weigh in the vicinity of 150kg. But I reckon there are a couple of big candidates in the quarterback position; Jon Kitna and Byron Leftwich.

These two guys are bucking the trend for quarterbacks taking into account what some of them can score - Tom Brady (Bridget Moynahan), Tim Couch (Playboy Playmate of the Year), Kyle Boller (Tara Reid). Thoughts?

usalion

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts NFL Board HoF
Oct 5, 2004
Athens, GA
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Phils, Eagles, Flyers, Sunderland
Re: Ugliest NFL Footballer

One of those ugly linemen miss an assignment, then the QBs with the hot ladies won't have much to show off.....

Do you think he is overpaid...?

The safety with the richest contract in NFL history, Washington Redskins' Adam Archuleta.

I had know idea - just read that then. I tell you what, I would like to know who his agent is and some other players may want to consider getting on board. Names such as:

Ed Reed
Roy Williams
Brian Dawkins
Adrian Wilson (4 ints, 5 sacks, 4 FF this year)
Kerry Rhodes (dito, 4 FF this year)

or the other 45 players who recorded more solo tackles than this guy in 2006.

Re: Do you think he is overpaid...?

He is definitely overpaid, but he never would have got that much money if he went to another team other than the redskins. they notoriusly overpay, and now look what they are doing with arch. he hasn't played a defensive snap in about 7 weeks. all they do is inflate the free agent prices, by over paying for hacks like brandon lloyd

He is definitely overpaid, but he never would have got that much money if he went to another team other than the redskins. they notoriusly overpay, and now look what they are doing with arch. he hasn't played a defensive snap in about 7 weeks. all they do is inflate the free agent prices, by over paying for hacks like brandon lloyd

So True. I dont know how they get away with it really.

Lloyd was a handy prospect - should have stayed with Alex Smith, its not as if they have anyone else to throw too. If he were at 49ers it could have been an 80+ catch season. However money talks $$$

Re: Money is the root of all evil...

Heck, it's a Redskins thing. Don't have sympathy for any poor form or bad luck that happens to these organisations. The human element is superficial and look at the nutjobs at Chelski having a almight sook they drew on the weekend... :rolleyes:

No wonder the Rooney family is well respected.

Always a good thing when the UNDERDOG wins !! :thumbsu:

The thing is he is actually a very good player, a top level player IMO. The problem is when the SKins recruited him they thought he was a different player. They seen him as a safety that could play in pass coverage, which he just isnt quick enough to do. Ultimately he is a hard hitter and great against the run ala Sean Taylor. Hence the problem, he plays very similar to Taylor and isnt as good a player in that role so was benched and has only really play in ST the past half of the season.
Thats my take anyway.

Yeah no sympathy for them...

Their personnel people should've known he can't play in coverage, he's been that way since he was drafted.

Nor do I have any sympathy for teams like Washington and Minnesota who go and spend all this money on FAs trying to buy a championship.

I look forward to them all being in cap hell in a few years...

Speaking of overpaid... Matt Millen, GM of Detroit.

How does he still have a job? 24-72 in 6 years, and still calling the shots for Season 07. Not that I should complain too much being that they're in our division, but geeeeez...

Yeah no sympathy for them...

Their personnel people should've known he can't play in coverage, he's been that way since he was drafted.

Nor do I have any sympathy for teams like Washington and Minnesota who go and spend all this money on FAs trying to buy a championship.

I look forward to them all being in cap hell in a few years...

Speaking of overpaid... Matt Millen, GM of Detroit.

How does he still have a job? 24-72 in 6 years, and still calling the shots for Season 07. Not that I should complain too much being that they're in our division, but geeeeez...

Be great to get that job hey - performance doesnt matter. Just turn up, he probably doesnt even turn up by the looks of the team

< (note I know have an identity - uploaded a pic. I wont be taking any crap, evil looks headed you way - I'm the Tuna)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle

Redskins and Cowboys with so much more money than anyone else, tend to be bigger spenders chasing talent than they should (redskins). Understandable why...they've been thirsting for return to success for decades now, will spend whatever to get the talent they think they need.

Problem of course is there's bound to be a larger percentage of players (especially younger ones) who whoa at that and prance around not putting in and trying to still prove their worth. Big heads.

Meanwhile, New England has a better attitude to all this and gets so much more out of their players (stars or not).

Problem of course is there's bound to be a larger percentage of players (especially younger ones) who whoa at that and prance around not putting in and trying to still prove their worth. Big heads.

Antwaan Randle El ?

Quite surprising how 'little' he contributed for the BIG $$$ CONTRACT he got. Dumb organisation the deadskins.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle

I just don't believe they've got the right system. They're far too thirsty and throwing out all their money at the first 'good looker in a skirt'. Randle El excels at the Steelers due to the system, he's not necessarily a selfish player, but the way the Redskins do things they make it easier for players to become that. Who knows also what kind of selection process and favoritisms etc they show behind the scenes, how they run their training camps, where the 'sacred cows' are assured of spots ahead of their 2nd and 3rd stringers etc. Something's not right.

Joe Gibbs you'd think has a certain way to control a lot of that, being a 3-time SB winner (therefore good player management skills), but who knows still what kind of distractions or tug-o-wars are going on between him and Snyder.

Being a Redskins fan I do not enjoy the offseason spending spree that Snyder goes on. Nearly all the free agents he has signed have not made a huge difference and any good young talent we've developed have been let go cheaply....it's very frustrating when you see teams win with smart drafting, good chemistry, etc... while our owner treats his team like it's fantasy football :mad:

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle

Being a Redskins fan I do not enjoy the offseason spending spree that Snyder goes on. Nearly all the free agents he has signed have not made a huge difference and any good young talent we've developed have been let go cheaply....it's very frustrating when you see teams win with smart drafting, good chemistry, etc... while our owner treats his team like it's fantasy football :mad:

There seems to be a lot of owners around who really do things terribly wrong, clearly have a counter-productive system in place, etc....yet they don't ever seem to learn by the example set by owners of organizations like New England or Baltimore. Teams with a blueprint for success that is proven, and proves itself. If owners (like redskins, dolphins) talk so much about getting back on top and immediately, they don't seem to show it. Perhaps at some point Snyder stops caring seeing as how much money the Redskins turnover, them and Dallas so much huger than everyone else.

Will the Redskins ever win the Superbowl while Snyder owns the team?

It breaks my heart to say it, but does anyone think the Redskins will win the big one while Snyder owns the team?

He tried winning a title using a Fantasy Football style (singing Deion, Bruce Smith, Jeff George, Brunell, etc...) he fired Marty after one 8-8 season, he brought in Gibbs who retired before his contract ran out and all the rest. It seems as though it is never going to work out in DC.

Re: Will the Redskins ever win the Superbowl while Snyder owns the team?

Sorry to say it dude, but I don't think so.

Unless he changes his ways, but billionaires are usually arrogant and stubborn, so I don't like the chances.

If I ddidn't have a baby on my knee I'd type more...

Jim Zorn hired as Washington Redskins coach!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...DubYF?slug=ap-redskins-zorn&prov=ap&type=lgns

I don't really know what to make of this, I cannot recall a QB coach moving straight up into a head coaching role, but then again you never know.

Joe Gibbs to Jim Zorn must be about as chalk and cheese as it gets.

Then again Zorn continues the tradition at the 'Skins during the Snyder years, expect the unexpected.....

Re: Jim Zorn hired as Washington Redskins coach!!

And we should expect that with anything less than a playoff year for two years, he will be out to boot...

Does Snyder actually WANT this team to succeed? I am not saying Zorn will be a bad coach but he has got to be one of the worst owners of all time....

They better keep their highend draft picks this year...

Bombers_Forever

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
May 9, 2003
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners and Seahawks

Interesting move. I think the Hawks will miss him, his work with Hass was very important. In saying that, moving straight to Head coach is pretty interesting.

Oh f@#K!!! they've given him a 5 year deal!!!.
Let me get this straight, they hire Zorn as OC before a HC has been appointed, Spagnuolo tells Snyder to get stuffed, so they offer the only guy interested 5 years!! It's all going to end in tears, again.

Back