Teams Washington Commanders - Приветствую командиров ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Washington Football Team RB Bryce Love (knee, injured reserve) will not be activated this season.
It has been exactly two years since the No. 112 overall pick of the 2019 draft played a football game. He suffered a devastating ACL tear at Stanford. Love made the Football Team's initial 53-man roster but was a "healthy" scratch before landing on injured reserve following a setback. Going on 24, Love is facing increasingly long odds of making NFL noise following his voluminous college usage and subsequent injury.
SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter
Dec 1, 2020, 5:12 PM ET

washingtonpost.com
Beth Reinhard,
Liz Clarke and
Will Hobson
Dec. 7, 2020 at 6:40 p.m. EST
The NFL’s investigation into allegations of workplace sexual harassment at the Washington Football Team uncovered a confidential settlement from a decade ago, court records show, and an emergency motion filed Monday said team owner Daniel Snyder plans to intervene in a legal dispute over which details surrounding the settlement can become public.

The name of the complainant in the settlement, that person’s job and the nature of the allegations have not been made public, but the available records show lawyer Beth Wilkinson, who is leading the league’s probe into the team’s workplace, encountering resistance from the team’s former lawyer.
David P. Donovan, who served as the team’s general counsel from 2005 to 2011, sued Wilkinson last month in federal court in Virginia to stop her from disclosing information pertaining to a 2009 confidential agreement to which Donovan is a party. In the suit filed Nov. 9, Donovan sought to keep private all court records, including any public notice of the lawsuit itself, arguing that making the proceedings public would “undermine public confidence in the enforceability of confidential agreements between private parties.” That request was denied Nov. 17.

Really happy the focus was on this the last 4? drafts

Del Rio and Ron are a great combo coz they are similar old school minds and mentality. Perfect for each other. Have always got the best out a talented but unproven d line. Great to see them all start fulfill their potential under them.

Hope Smith is alright with important games to come. He's the steady influence the offense needs.

If Gibson and Smith can be back to full health by the end of the season I honestly believe you guys could shock a few in the playoffs with your defense.

The Washington Football Team in 2009 paid a female former employee $1.6 million in a confidential settlement after the woman accused team owner Daniel Snyder of sexual misconduct.
It's another damning development for Snyder, one of professional sport's most detestable team owners. The Washington Post reported that in court records filed Monday, "as part of an ongoing feud among the team’s owners, Snyder’s business partners referenced the woman’s allegation, calling it 'a serious accusation of sexual misconduct.'" These latest revelations come as the NFL conducts its investigation into a culture of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior inside the organization. Dozens of women who have worked for the Football Team have come forward with harrowing details about sexual misconduct among team officials. Snyder has made it clear he has no intention of relinquishing control of the team and ending his utterly disastrous run as owner.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Dec 22, 2020, 9:32 AM ET

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy is as dumb as a brick...

Dwayne Haskins could be fined a week's salary and face a four-game suspension for engaging in "high risk COVID-19 conduct."
That would constitute the maximum punishment for Haskins getting caught in a strip club without a mask. He apologized for the incident in social media posts before locking down his Twitter account Tuesday. While NFL Network's Tom Pelissero said the team won't release Haskins, the QB could face serious consequences for violating basic COVID-19 protocols. The Football Team hopes Alex Smith will be able to return from his calf injury in Week 16 against Carolina.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Dec 22, 2020, 12:54 PM ET

The guy is as dumb as a brick...

Dwayne Haskins could be fined a week's salary and face a four-game suspension for engaging in "high risk COVID-19 conduct."
That would constitute the maximum punishment for Haskins getting caught in a strip club without a mask. He apologized for the incident in social media posts before locking down his Twitter account Tuesday. While NFL Network's Tom Pelissero said the team won't release Haskins, the QB could face serious consequences for violating basic COVID-19 protocols. The Football Team hopes Alex Smith will be able to return from his calf injury in Week 16 against Carolina.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Dec 22, 2020, 12:54 PM ET
Chadwiko says strip him of Captaincy - its not a good look for a leader - Chad is closer than me but for Rivera to build a strong culture he must make statements now in his 1st year

"">

How is he even a Captain???

I know right, already proven he's not a Ron guy. The players must be as stupid as Snyder to vote that immature dumbass in.

The worst qb since Manziel in terms of muturity and having a clue. Wants the fame and money, zero *s given about anything else. Team cancer.

I know right, already proven he's not a Ron guy. The players must be as stupid as Snyder to vote that immature dumbass in.

The worst qb since Manziel in terms of muturity and having a clue. Wants the fame and money, zero fu**s given about anything else. Team cancer.
He belongs perfectly to the XFL. Cut him, no loss really, even some scrub qb would do better in the playoff push.

Darnold ending up in Washington might not be a bad idea. Ron would love him, he's the ultimate professional. He and Alex Smith would be great for each other.

Chadwiko says strip him of Captaincy - its not a good look for a leader - Chad is closer than me but for Rivera to build a strong culture he must make statements now in his 1st year

This situation is fluid, and potentially involves the NFLPA as precedents have been set by other teams in terms of acceptable punishments, not to mention the limits placed by the league. From talking with a very senior source inside the organisation late in the afternoon (DC time) earlier today, here's what I believe the short-term outcome is;

Theyre holding onto him cos they need a qb and are in a playoff push. But teams, including Wash. have shown in the past theyll drop a star player for DV, say. Only cos its covid makes it a serious offense. But show some balls and leadership (FO). If theyre thinking trade him off season he has no value anymore.

I don't disagree with anything you've said, and as you'll see in my tweets - I think what Haskins did is inexcusable.

That said, it's being magnified because of the 'strippers' element. Other players have essentially done the exact same thing (breach NFL/NFLPA Covid-19 Player Protocols) in less sexy ways and people barely bat an eye.

Just this week;

1608723745569.png

Darnold ending up in Washington might not be a bad idea. Ron would love him, he's the ultimate professional. He and Alex Smith would be great for each other.

I don't think NYJ gives up on Darnold yet.

I'd keep an eye on Matt Stafford potentially, but more realistically I think Washington will target a QB in that 25-30 year age range who could benefit from an opportunity to start and who wouldn't cost a premium in a trade; someone like Mariota.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back