Remove this Banner Ad

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nationals, Pelicans
Any Nationals fans out there? Surely there's more than just me.

The Nats definitely have a shot this year, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Our bullpen even with Doolittle and Madson is still fragile and the worst of all the playoff hopefuls. Luckily this not the NBA and upsets are not statistical anomalies.

As if this post, they're getting smashed by the Brewers. Anything to help them against the Cubs, I guess.

Fine, a one man band it is then.

We bolstered our injury-plagued outfield by acquiring Howie Kendrick from the Phillies for one of our prospects. The Phillies are paying almost all of Kendrick's salary for this year.

He came and pinch hit today, and now has an average of 1.000 for us.

* baseball

Gio Gonzalez took a no-hitter to the ninth, gets a flukey hit first up.

Still won 1-0 somehow, but feels kind of like a loss

Bryce Harper goes down on an awkward slide to first base, looks like his season is over.

Congratulations, Dodgers on your pennant win.

Virtually half of the Opening Day squad is injured: Turner, Eaton, Taylor, Werth, Harper, Heisey, Strasburg, Ross, Glover, Kelley, Romero

So what y'all gonna do when Harper signs elsewhere for 2019 onwards?
The window will slam shut and we'll lose 100 games for the next 5-10 years. Like, i don't know, the Astros until this year lol

Seriously, even without harper we have enough bats to at least win 85-90 games.

Tbh im more worried about pitching stocks, all our prospects/rookies (that we didn't trade away) are meh

The window will slam shut and we'll lose 100 games for the next 5-10 years. Like, i don't know, the Astros until this year lol

Seriously, even without harper we have enough bats to at least win 85-90 games.

Tbh im more worried about pitching stocks, all our prospects/rookies (that we didn't trade away) are meh
Scherzer 33 and Strasburg can't stay healthy, Zimmerman getting up there also.

Giolito and Lopez should be alright

85-90 games?

Houston will lose some of Altuve, Correa and Springer in a few years. American sports are s**t in that regard, all bout the coin.

And lol the Astros just copied the Nats who stocked up on draft picks to get Strasburg and Harper.

Scherzer 33 and Strasburg can't stay healthy, Zimmerman getting up there also.

Giolito and Lopez should be alright
I know Jered Weaver retired today but come on 33 isn't old, this is baseball not footy. Randy Johnson, Clemens and Dickey all won Cy Youngs at 36+. Same applies regarding Zimmerman and Murphy. As for Stras I was gonna say trade him and Harper for Kershaw but he's injured just as frequently lol
We traded Giolito and Lopez for Adam Eaton. That went well
American sports are s**t in that regard, all bout the coin.
Baseball yeah, others not really. Durant didn't go the Warriors for the money.

I know Jered Weaver retired today but come on 33 isn't old, this is baseball not footy. Randy Johnson, Clemens and Dickey all won Cy Youngs at 36+. Same applies regarding Zimmerman and Murphy. As for Stras I was gonna say trade him and Harper for Kershaw but he's injured just as frequently lol
We traded Giolito and Lopez for Adam Eaton. That went well

Baseball yeah, others not really. Durant didn't go the Warriors for the money.
You don't see many older pitchers do really well these days in baseball

NFL says hi

You don't see many older pitchers do really well these days in baseball

NFL says hi
Who knows if Max actually lasts that long, but unlike some guys he's peaking right now at 33 so he'll be up there for a while yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who knows if Max actually lasts that long, but unlike some guys he's peaking right now at 33 so he'll be up there for a while yet
He's actually been very durable which is very rare for pitchers in todays game, wonder how it'll continue.

It's annoying having your own pitchers get injured and seeing Scherzer never get injured in fantasy baseball.

He's actually been very durable which is very rare for pitchers in todays game, wonder how it'll continue.

It's annoying having your own pitchers get injured and seeing Scherzer never get injured in fantasy baseball.
Aaaaaaaand Max is scratched due to neck spasms

The Padres got rekt by the Matty Grace and the Bullpen Scrubs

Boy oh boy am I glad to get Jayson Werth and Trea Turner back, Trea's an absolute jet on the bases.

Harper looks less and less likely to be back for October

Magic number is 8. We have the Phillies on the weekend, Marlins have the Braves.
We could theoretically win the division by Saturday night if Atlanta helps us out

One of these days everyone will be healthy

Also 1981 lol
You have to do it soon unless they're going to pay Harps around 40 mill a season, stupid greedy baseballers.

Need luck more than anything else, so random.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back