Discussion Washington Rebrand (NFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Onto more serious business, apparently some guy from Virginia in the US has already registered quite a few of the proposed names including some that have already been mentioned on this thread

This guy would crumble pretty quickly at a legal challenge from the NFL. For the trademark to be active he has to actually be using it for business purposes, so he's started selling t-shirts, but he's also said publicly that he is in it purely for the potential payout from the NFL or Washington, so his interest in the trademarks are clearly not legitimate.

Americans love this sort of thing though.

frazdav’s redwolves concept is dope - but like, anything frazdav does is dope.

Last edited:
I thought Redwolves sounded a bit forced and liked Redtails better until I saw that awesome Frazdav concept

Well this is an anti climax

With everything going on, there is not enough time to put a full brand together - I think it's the right move, even if its unpopular

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is some WWE level booking here.

“nobody wins, nobody goes home happy lol”

It's only temporary anyway so I'm not too fussed, but it's like why even bother rebranding it now if you're just going to do it again later. I do like that 'W' logo though but it gives off too much of a college football vibe to me.

Why “Team” over “Club”?? Is this an American thing?
The only team I’ve seen refer to themselves as a club is the Atlanta Hawks on their logo. I’m not sure if baseball teams use the term team or club but in basketball and football it’s rare, whereas here franchise can be used as an insult.

This guy would crumble pretty quickly at a legal challenge from the NFL. For the trademark to be active he has to actually be using it for business purposes, so he's started selling t-shirts, but he's also said publicly that he is in it purely for the potential payout from the NFL or Washington, so his interest in the trademarks are clearly not legitimate.

Americans love this sort of thing though.

This is like a tangible version of domain squatting

Why “Team” over “Club”?? Is this an American thing?
I think club is used in baseball ("clubhouse"), basketball (I've heard it used in commentary) and possibly in ice hockey - MLS uses clubs since they are trying to be more European. Football I think has tended to use teams/franchises rather than "club".

Image may contain: text that says 'WASHINGTON FOOTBALL @HogsHaven Your son's name is literally LeBron James Jr. LeBron James [USER=116707]Kingjames[/USER] 5d Just waking back up from my pregame nap to see about The Washington Football team??? Is that real?? No way! Oh man they had thorough long board meeting about that one huh. 11:26 pm 28/7/20 Twitter Web App 21.7K Retweets and comments 144K Likes'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back